Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone here 10:26 - Nov 24 with 28536 viewschicoazul

...planning on leaving the UK for good due to Brexit, the wicked Tories, the imminent communist government etc?

If so where are you planning on going and why did you choose that place?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is anyone here on 11:44 - Nov 24 with 4026 viewschicoazul

Is anyone here on 11:33 - Nov 24 by No9

Is there any reason for a young person to want to stay here?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-economic-forecasts-wage-growth-

What's being young got to do with it? If you are a homeowner with kids in the UK you could sell your house in say Ipswich for £220k and buy a 3 bed bungalow with pool in the Dordogne for 200k Euros. Access to all that wonderful French healthcare and education and lifestyle that everyone is always talking about.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Is anyone here on 11:45 - Nov 24 with 4020 viewschicoazul

Is anyone here on 11:41 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I'm thinking about it when I finish my PhD, possibly New Zealand or Canada.

Why those places in particular?

Is anyone here on 11:46 - Nov 24 with 4019 viewsjeera

Maybe Bulgaria for retirement, but nothing to do with Brexit exactly.

Just, where else could I afford my own fishing lake?

I wish they had a normal alphabet though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is anyone here on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 4003 viewsjeera

Is anyone here on 11:45 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

No snakes in NZ?

Seems a fair reason to me.

Horrible things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is anyone here on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 4007 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone here on 11:45 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

Partly pragmatic, I'd need to work and so need somewhere that I can speak the language fluently. Partly that they offer a good work/life balance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is anyone here on 11:49 - Nov 24 with 3997 viewschicoazul

Is anyone here on 11:47 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Partly pragmatic, I'd need to work and so need somewhere that I can speak the language fluently. Partly that they offer a good work/life balance.

Interesting thanks.

Is anyone here on 11:49 - Nov 24 with 3998 viewsSWGF

Is anyone here on 11:44 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

What's being young got to do with it? If you are a homeowner with kids in the UK you could sell your house in say Ipswich for £220k and buy a 3 bed bungalow with pool in the Dordogne for 200k Euros. Access to all that wonderful French healthcare and education and lifestyle that everyone is always talking about.

Do you fully understand the concept of mortgages?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Is anyone here on 11:49 - Nov 24 with 3996 viewshomer_123

Is anyone here on 11:19 - Nov 24 by No9

Living in a foreign country is very subjective (as is living in the UK) it depends where. As you say there are some lovely countries just as there are some plovely parts of the UK , Suffolk being one such.
Being a part of the EU meant that if an opportunity arose to exploit the opportuities that presented themselves one could, without the difficulties of work permeits etc. And you could easily rent or even buy a property if you decided to make your excursion longer term.
These opportunities will disappear.
East Anglia is nice, with clean air etc. but getting anywhere isn't easy and opportunities for the young ar diminishing.
I too have travelled a lot & have lived in a number of countries, some places I was never sad to leave (the USA being one) some places I didn't want to leave (Italy being one).
Going on holiday somehwere is different from living somewhere .

'Going on holiday somehwere is different from living somewhere .'

Agreed - many seem to like the notion of 'living' somewhere else without really understanding what living there would be like.

Having listened to many stories about countries ranging from Estonia, Lativa, Romania, even Poland - as well as having spent time there - great to visit....to live....less so.

US, I'd agree with you on, completely.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone here on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 3955 viewsnoggin

Is anyone here on 11:47 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Velkommen til Norge.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is anyone here on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 3955 viewsbaxterbasics

Is anyone here on 11:38 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

You're mad if you dont think McDonnell is wildly popular with all the new/reinvigorated Labour supporters out there. Truly worrying times ahead brah, a few more years of incompetent Tories fudging Brexit before the Maximum Leader ushers in Year Zero.

Wildly popular with Momentum types, and absolutely nobody else.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is anyone here on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 3949 viewsbaxterbasics

Is anyone here on 11:30 - Nov 24 by hype313

Can't decide if I want to move to Greece, Portugal, Spain or Italy, all looking prosperous, so I'll toss a coin.

POTD.

Spain has youth unemployment at something like 50% last I checked. The Portuguese economy has been shattered by the Euro. We hear about how many Eastern Europeans are in Ipswich, have you noticed how big the Portuguese community has become in these parts? They are all economic refugees.

Labour are constantly talking Britain down and laying it on thick about how bad things are for young people here, but we can see they are a lot worse elsewhere. Of course it does suit any opposition party to do this. Unfortunately too many people are buying into this narrative.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is anyone here on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 3944 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone here on 12:33 - Nov 24 by baxterbasics

POTD.

Spain has youth unemployment at something like 50% last I checked. The Portuguese economy has been shattered by the Euro. We hear about how many Eastern Europeans are in Ipswich, have you noticed how big the Portuguese community has become in these parts? They are all economic refugees.

Labour are constantly talking Britain down and laying it on thick about how bad things are for young people here, but we can see they are a lot worse elsewhere. Of course it does suit any opposition party to do this. Unfortunately too many people are buying into this narrative.

Let's all have a race to the bottom, eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is anyone here on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 3948 viewsBenters

No.

Why would you want to leave the best country in the World?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is anyone here on 12:37 - Nov 24 with 3941 viewsDarth_Koont

Is anyone here on 10:44 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

This should be good. I predict a lot of 'we're going to wait and see' responses before Brexit, if it happens at all, being massively watered down saving them the embarrassment of having to admit it was all talk.

It may all turn out to be talk but then it's one of the most expensive "discussions" ever for this country. Here and abroad, confidence in us politically and commercially must be at an all-time low in the modern era.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is anyone here on 12:38 - Nov 24 with 3940 viewsnoggin

Is anyone here on 12:35 - Nov 24 by Benters

No.

How do you know Britain is the best nation in the world?

Is anyone here on 12:38 - Nov 24 with 3945 viewsBlueinBrum

Not imminently planning to leave but I'd say the Brexit vote has increased my chances of doing so fairly substantially.

Right now i would never consider living anywhere in the UK except London. There are a number of professional reasons for that but also culturally it's the only place i feel aligned to at the moment.

As you can probably tell, i'm still immensely bitter about the subject and the potential difficulties to free movement it will bring.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 12:39]
Is anyone here on 12:39 - Nov 24 with 3937 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

No.

Amen to that. Home is where the heart is.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

on 12:40 - Nov 24 with 3930 views_

Is anyone here on 12:38 - Nov 24 by noggin

Is anyone here on 12:41 - Nov 24 with 3928 viewsNo9

Is anyone here on 12:33 - Nov 24 by baxterbasics

POTD.

Most countries, including the Uk - if you bother to look have been shattered by the bankers.

Labour aren't taling Britain down at all, that was done by Osborne in the noughties and has continued up to this week's budget by the CoE, who according to any number of agencies maywell have understated the UK's difficulties.
Is anyone here on 12:44 - Nov 24 with 3917 viewsnoggin

on 12:40 - Nov 24 by _

Denmark if I could choose.

Is anyone here on 12:46 - Nov 24 with 3917 viewsBlueinBrum

No.

That kind of blind ignorance/arrogance is exactly what makes myself and my peer group (I'm 26) feel like leaving.

I'm not going to pretend my job or future career adds anything of vital importance to the 'greatness' of this country (other than perhaps the fair whack of tax which i will pay) but you should be seriously worried about the many medical professionals, scientists, academics who may well decide to sod off in the coming years.

"Brexit could turn Britain into an “old people’s home that can’t pay for itself”
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/george-freeman-brexit-ippr_uk_5a0aecebe4b0
Is anyone here on 12:48 - Nov 24 with 3909 viewsTractorWood

I've been considering a move to Singapore for a few years. I've been a few times with work and think it would make sense. Good standard of living, no crime and a good point to explore Asia from. I wouldn't say it's Brexit specifically but fancy a change in the longer term.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 12:53]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is anyone here on 12:50 - Nov 24 with 3889 viewsBenters

Is anyone here on 12:38 - Nov 24 by noggin

Well everybody wants to come here so we must be doing something right.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is anyone here on 12:52 - Nov 24 with 3887 viewsnoggin

Is anyone here on 12:50 - Nov 24 by Benters

Well everybody wants to come here so we must be doing something right.

lol. They really don't buh.

Is anyone here on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 3881 viewsJohnny_Boy

No.

Have you ever lived anywhere else?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024