Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2018 players 12:27 - Nov 24 with 3132 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Is it ready to play and worth getting yet? I've heard it has had a lot of stupid bugs, such as players getting injuries from training when they are on rest days. I see they brought out a patch for it yesterday.

Buy or wait?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Football Manager 2018 players on 12:38 - Nov 24 with 3111 viewsKieran_Knows

I haven't got the game yet, but plan on buying it in the new year when I get a new laptop.

However, as a side note from this, I was on one of the FM forums the other day, and someone had one of their players get injured for 5-7 weeks due to 'hoovering out his car'! Never seen that happen on FM before.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football Manager 2018 players on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 3073 viewsdavblue

it's worth it.

I've not noticed that but it's hardly a game changer.
Football Manager 2018 players on 15:33 - Nov 24 with 3003 viewsTIB

Can't comment on the new one as I'm still in 16...very much spent two years trying to get back into it and struggling. That said, the last week Libby has been giving me his words of wisdom to help my save with Woodbridge...he is Mr FM so may be able to tell you about the new one.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Football Manager 2018 players on 17:05 - Nov 24 with 2953 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Football Manager 2018 players on 13:10 - Nov 24 by davblue

it's worth it.

I've not noticed that but it's hardly a game changer.

It's not exactly ideal though and just shows that FM games are very rarely glitch-free when first released. You'd think by now they would have worked out how to release a game that was working properly.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Football Manager 2018 players on 20:52 - Nov 24 with 2869 viewsMelford

Football Manager 2018 players on 17:05 - Nov 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

It's not exactly ideal though and just shows that FM games are very rarely glitch-free when first released. You'd think by now they would have worked out how to release a game that was working properly.

What gets me is when you get going on the Beta/early release and get a really good run on, then it updates and whatever they've done to the match engine completely spanners up your tactics. Before this last update I had us 3rd, undefeated in 8. Since then 1 win in 6, no big injuries, no team morale problems. Suddenly it's just dropped off a cliff.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Football Manager 2018 players on 21:30 - Nov 26 with 2731 viewsdavblue

Football Manager 2018 players on 17:05 - Nov 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

All games have bugs.
Football Manager 2018 players on 21:41 - Nov 26 with 2715 viewsclive_baker

Football Manager 2018 players on 20:52 - Nov 24 by Melford

What gets me is when you get going on the Beta/early release and get a really good run on, then it updates and whatever they've done to the match engine completely spanners up your tactics. Before this last update I had us 3rd, undefeated in 8. Since then 1 win in 6, no big injuries, no team morale problems. Suddenly it's just dropped off a cliff.

Us 3rd? Undefeated in 8? Sounds like they fixed that bug then.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football Manager 2018 players on 22:43 - Nov 26 with 2680 viewsSonOfSpock

It's on my shopping list,but sadly,so is a new computer to be able to play it.

The injuries do seem to be an annoyance. I'm convinced they are a random generation of ailment and weeks out and not necessarily represent real life
Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2018 players on 00:40 - Nov 27 with 2633 viewssyntaxerror

Football Manager 2018 players on 20:52 - Nov 24 by Melford

Check you have updated your tactics, they changed them from beta to live.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024