Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please 18:49 - Nov 25 with 17612 viewsgtsb1966

I love long guitar riffs or solo's. Anything from Freebird to Deep Purples Child in time to Prince's Purple Rain to the Stone Roses. After watching Dave Gilmour do Comfortably Numb last week I realise there must be so many good albums with long guitar solo's featured I've never heard of. For instance, a few years ago I heard a band called Long Distance Calling and have all their stuff now so there must be other gems out there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hendrix! on 18:53 - Nov 25 with 10159 viewsDyland

Try some Derek Trucks

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:01 - Nov 25 with 10155 viewsFreddies_Ears

Assuming you're not wanting to explore the depths of the Prog world, you could do worse than explore the much varied, brilliant guitar work of Joe Bonamassa.

At the pop end, Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights and the Eagles' Hotel California have brilliant guitar solos.
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:07 - Nov 25 with 10145 viewsNewcyBlue

Try an album called Veneer by Jose Gonzales

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 10120 viewsfactual_blue

Rory Gallagher's first solo album.
Theme From An Imaginary Western in Leslie West's album
Several pieces by Clem Clemson on Colosseum Live
Tony Peluso's solo on Goodbye To Love
For a short, different but perfectly-formed solo, The Unfaithful Servant, either the original acoustic solo, or the electric version on Rock Of Ages.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:33 - Nov 25 with 10104 viewsWestSussexBlue

If it’s excellent guitar you want then Mark Knopfler has to be heard.
Telegraph road ,Private investigation’s and Speedway to Nazareth all have fantastic solos.
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:39 - Nov 25 with 10093 viewsKuqicoo

A couple of tracks by All About Eve...In The Meadow and December have epic endings played by Tim Bricheno.
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 10081 viewsgtsb1966

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:01 - Nov 25 by Freddies_Ears

Assuming you're not wanting to explore the depths of the Prog world, you could do worse than explore the much varied, brilliant guitar work of Joe Bonamassa.

At the pop end, Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights and the Eagles' Hotel California have brilliant guitar solos.

Prog rock is good by me. Long Distance Calling play Prog Rock. To all that post can I say thanks. I will listen to all over the next few days. I'm up to date with SRV and the likes. Its the less well known I might have missed I'm interested in. Thanks.
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 10070 viewsDyland

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 19:54 - Nov 25 by gtsb1966

Prog rock is good by me. Long Distance Calling play Prog Rock. To all that post can I say thanks. I will listen to all over the next few days. I'm up to date with SRV and the likes. Its the less well known I might have missed I'm interested in. Thanks.

Ah, in which case can I direct you to Wishbone Ash if you don't already listen. Especially Sometime World off Argus.

Login to get fewer ads

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:17 - Nov 25 with 10067 viewsJoeSoap

For a different 'guitar' solo, listen to Javier Mas playing the bandurra or 12 string on Who by Fire, with Leonard Cohen.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:35 - Nov 25 with 10046 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Wishbone Ash. Nouveau Calls, all instrumental tracks, some great riffs.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:55 - Nov 25 with 10019 viewsFtnfwest

Carlos Santana particularly early stuff
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 10019 viewsfactual_blue

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:14 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Ah, in which case can I direct you to Wishbone Ash if you don't already listen. Especially Sometime World off Argus.

I have a bittersweet relationship with that album. I love it, but I was listening to it in 1972 when the police arrived at our house to tell us my dad had died from a massive heart attack on his way to work.

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:02 - Nov 25 with 10017 viewsDyland

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 20:57 - Nov 25 by factual_blue

I have a bittersweet relationship with that album. I love it, but I was listening to it in 1972 when the police arrived at our house to tell us my dad had died from a massive heart attack on his way to work.

Oh no, what a an awful association Facters. What an awful thing anyway, regardless of the music :(

x

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:07 - Nov 25 with 10006 viewsfactual_blue

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:02 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Oh no, what a an awful association Facters. What an awful thing anyway, regardless of the music :(

x

Thanks. It wasn't the best day.

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:13 - Nov 25 with 10002 viewsCrawfordsboot

I would suggest Roy Buchanan and Buddy Guy.
Buchanan in a groove should leave you speechless. Oft described as the greatest unknown guitarist in the world. Died a very sad death in a police cell.
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:14 - Nov 25 with 10000 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

?.....I once owned 2112 by Rush....certainly plenty of guitar involved (I think the flip side was all about finding one !)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:27 - Nov 25 with 9983 viewsfactual_blue

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:13 - Nov 25 by Crawfordsboot

I would suggest Roy Buchanan and Buddy Guy.
Buchanan in a groove should leave you speechless. Oft described as the greatest unknown guitarist in the world. Died a very sad death in a police cell.

Roy was in Ronnie 'The Hawk' Hawkins' band. He moved to bass guitar and tutored the 15-16 year old Robbie Robertson on lead guitar.

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:28 - Nov 25 with 9982 viewsEdmunds5

[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 21:29]

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:38 - Nov 25 with 9970 viewsitfchorry

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:28 - Nov 25 by Edmunds5

[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 21:29]

Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name

Gary Moore - Still got the blues
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 11:54 - Nov 26 with 9841 viewsstickymockwell

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:38 - Nov 25 by itfchorry

Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name

Gary Moore - Still got the blues

Not an Eagles fan at all but Joe Walsh does a fantastic solo in ‘Rocky mountain way’

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:23 - Nov 26 with 9761 viewsBinner

I like several of the suggestions above and would add...

Stevie Ray Vaughan - a lot of excellent stuff online

Another Texan, Johnny Winter has done a lot of Rock'n'roll/Blues stuff and is one of the best for electric slide guitar.

There is a Reason why Peter Frampton's Frampton Comes Alive is one of the best selling live albums ever.

Thin Lizzy's Roisin Dubh is a favourite of mine...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:52 - Nov 26 with 9738 viewstcblue

Surfin' With The Alien
Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 21:55 - Nov 26 with 9739 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Music lovers ( especially guitars) help me out please on 22:05 - Nov 26 with 9731 viewsWeWereZombies

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:13 - Nov 26 with 9725 viewsWeWereZombies

[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 22:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024