Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critical point in the season now 08:35 - Nov 26 with 10308 viewsSomethingBlue

Really looks as if we need to find, as the barest minimum, seven points from the next five games — means winning the home ones against Reading and Forest while finding a draw from Derby, Boro and Wolves — to avoid falling much further away and making the play-offs a particularly long shot. This always looked the toughest period fixtures-wise and I'd still back us to be better than most of those below us, but if we don't raise it over the next month then realistically we are in for a water-treading second half of the season that — even though we are undoubtedly a better team than last year — risks being pretty painful and alienating people further. While it was just one game and one goal, I wonder how important that equaliser by Nuhiu will prove to be momentum-wise.

Not offering answers or explanations, that's just how it is and I think we all see that Town have progressed from last year. But if it gets to Christmas and we're nine or ten points off then, to be honest, I see little point in delaying the preparations for a fresh start next season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Critical point in the season now on 08:38 - Nov 26 with 5999 viewsBluefish

If we are able to find a new progressive manager from somewhere, that is capable of making us more competitive in this division than we currently are (on these budget conditions), do you not think he might be wanting to finish his (or her) current season?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Critical point in the season now on 08:43 - Nov 26 with 5994 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:38 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

If we are able to find a new progressive manager from somewhere, that is capable of making us more competitive in this division than we currently are (on these budget conditions), do you not think he might be wanting to finish his (or her) current season?

Quite possibly. I reckon Ostersund may get knocked out of the Europa League in February though, so I'd be happy to wait til then.

Critical point in the season now on 08:46 - Nov 26 with 5976 viewsBluefish

Critical point in the season now on 08:43 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

Quite possibly. I reckon Ostersund may get knocked out of the Europa League in February though, so I'd be happy to wait til then.

People around me at the game yesterday were shouting out about anyone not singing nasty songs about Mick clearly lack ambition. What do you think our minimum league expectation should be for the new person?

Critical point in the season now on 08:46 - Nov 26 with 5978 viewsBluebell

What amazes me is that we were playing better when we had a lot of injuries!

Yesterday's game was the worst I have seen us play for a while. A lot was due to the fact that Villa played extremely well but our defence was dreadful. Hoofing the ball up to Garner all the time was not working against Villa's defence but we did it all game.

The changes from Wednesday's game seemed to be the difference. No McGoldrick was obviously going to make a difference but changing Spence for Iorfa was suicide. Knudsen was better than Kenlock in my opinion but Celina didn't do anything when he came on because he was swamped by Villa players. Whatever people say, I think Sears had a good game yesterday with his speed.

I think we will struggle against Derby because we can't compete with the way they play. As for Boro, we may get something from that game but I doubt we will at Wolves. I have a feeling we are going to struggle for any more points this side of Christmas. We have to make the most of the 2 home games coming up.
Critical point in the season now on 08:47 - Nov 26 with 5978 viewsdavblue

Critical point in the season now on 08:43 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

The chances of Evans and Milne appointing a manager of that ilk will be about 2%.
They have looked for tried and tested like a business in there appointments. Put that idea away!
Critical point in the season now on 08:49 - Nov 26 with 5973 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:46 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

People around me at the game yesterday were shouting out about anyone not singing nasty songs about Mick clearly lack ambition. What do you think our minimum league expectation should be for the new person?

I have absolutely no idea. Really can't answer that. I don't know that any of us can. I'm one of those who likes the job Mick has done, and is doing, but it is going to change soon so we might as well look at how and when.

Critical point in the season now on 08:50 - Nov 26 with 5965 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:47 - Nov 26 by davblue

The chances of Evans and Milne appointing a manager of that ilk will be about 2%.
They have looked for tried and tested like a business in there appointments. Put that idea away!

I know, I know ...

Critical point in the season now on 08:53 - Nov 26 with 5952 viewstextbackup

INO a loss at Derby means top 6 is miles off achievable, can say this league is crazy but with us this season we are consistent in mistakes, and unable to play vs the better teams.

Once Derby beat us I think we need to get rid of MM, giving someone else the rest of this season to work out who he keeps for next year.

However we won't, ME would need to use his head to think like this. Plus so many fans seem to think MM simply deserves a few mOre quid from us, with some weird obsession with us not being a sacking club etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Critical point in the season now on 08:53 - Nov 26 with 5943 viewsBluefish

Critical point in the season now on 08:49 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

I have absolutely no idea. Really can't answer that. I don't know that any of us can. I'm one of those who likes the job Mick has done, and is doing, but it is going to change soon so we might as well look at how and when.

Fair enough. I support that but only if the new person is lined up. It would seem crazy to pull the trigger and then have a caretaker until the summer.

I have us as 15th is minimum expectation and anything above is over achieving

Critical point in the season now on 08:54 - Nov 26 with 5943 viewsBadgerBajner

I think 4 wins out of 4 at the start of the season, against weak sides, has put an unrealistic spin so far on our true position in this division. We have only won 4 since in 14 games, against Burton, Bolton, Sunderland (the bottom 3) and Preston.

Nothing this season suggests we will get anything from Derby, Boro or Wolves away. Forest will be tough and Murphs is returning...

I suspect we will be around 15th after these 5 games, perhaps our true position. I think fans have got carried away. We are better than many suspected we would be, but we are nowhere near being a top 6 side.
Critical point in the season now on 08:54 - Nov 26 with 5942 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:46 - Nov 26 by Bluebell

Yesterday's game was the worst I have seen us play for a while. A lot was due to the fact that Villa played extremely well but our defence was dreadful. Hoofing the ball up to Garner all the time was not working against Villa's defence but we did it all game.

The changes from Wednesday's game seemed to be the difference. No McGoldrick was obviously going to make a difference but changing Spence for Iorfa was suicide. Knudsen was better than Kenlock in my opinion but Celina didn't do anything when he came on because he was swamped by Villa players. Whatever people say, I think Sears had a good game yesterday with his speed.

I think we will struggle against Derby because we can't compete with the way they play. As for Boro, we may get something from that game but I doubt we will at Wolves. I have a feeling we are going to struggle for any more points this side of Christmas. We have to make the most of the 2 home games coming up.

In a way, how we played with the injuries was classic Mick — backs against the wall, find a solution, dig in against the odds. I still find it hard to judge us as we've had, and are having, such rotten luck with absentees but at some point you just have to own it and accept it. Agree with you on the home games — and it's been really frustrating that we haven't been able to put a run together at PR yet. We need to now or this season's done.

Critical point in the season now on 08:59 - Nov 26 with 5933 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:53 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

Fair enough. I support that but only if the new person is lined up. It would seem crazy to pull the trigger and then have a caretaker until the summer.

I have us as 15th is minimum expectation and anything above is over achieving

If there isn't already a thorough search for Mick's replacement ongoing I would be really disappointed — regardless of how the season is currently going.

Critical point in the season now on 09:01 - Nov 26 with 5922 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 08:53 - Nov 26 by textbackup

INO a loss at Derby means top 6 is miles off achievable, can say this league is crazy but with us this season we are consistent in mistakes, and unable to play vs the better teams.

Once Derby beat us I think we need to get rid of MM, giving someone else the rest of this season to work out who he keeps for next year.

However we won't, ME would need to use his head to think like this. Plus so many fans seem to think MM simply deserves a few mOre quid from us, with some weird obsession with us not being a sacking club etc

I suspect you are right, although Truce does have a point that there may well be timing issues in getting the right person in. If we lost, say, three on the bounce now and Evans pulled the trigger there would be the fear that he just gets one of the old school in. It's a difficult one!

Critical point in the season now on 09:07 - Nov 26 with 5886 viewsBluefish

Critical point in the season now on 08:59 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

If there isn't already a thorough search for Mick's replacement ongoing I would be really disappointed — regardless of how the season is currently going.

You would definitely hope so and there is probably a fair chance it happened last season but drew a blank. If and when the right person is available it would be the time but no point until then.

Critical point in the season now on 09:09 - Nov 26 with 5893 viewstractorboy1978

Critical point in the season now on 08:46 - Nov 26 by Bluebell

How was Bru on the bench yesterday ahead of Nydam and Downes? Unless I've missed them both being injured that is nonsense.
Critical point in the season now on 09:15 - Nov 26 with 5879 viewstextbackup

Critical point in the season now on 09:01 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

I suspect you are right, although Truce does have a point that there may well be timing issues in getting the right person in. If we lost, say, three on the bounce now and Evans pulled the trigger there would be the fear that he just gets one of the old school in. It's a difficult one!

A younger lower league manager would jump at chance to join Ipswich, that's not being big headed but great career progression for a manager, not like we are going to be taking someone from the top 6 in this league.

Critical point in the season now on 09:21 - Nov 26 with 5865 viewstextbackup

Critical point in the season now on 09:09 - Nov 26 by tractorboy1978

How was Bru on the bench yesterday ahead of Nydam and Downes? Unless I've missed them both being injured that is nonsense.

It's MM getting itchy feet, he just can't move on from what he knows. In all honesty I'm amazed chambers isn't back at RB yet

Critical point in the season now on 09:24 - Nov 26 with 5856 viewstractorboy1978

Critical point in the season now on 09:21 - Nov 26 by textbackup

It's MM getting itchy feet, he just can't move on from what he knows. In all honesty I'm amazed chambers isn't back at RB yet

He's still the best option there even after we've brought in 3 other players which says a lot.
Critical point in the season now on 09:54 - Nov 26 with 5808 viewsbrogansnose

We would be looking for a replacement now but I'm not altogether certain that Evans would be. He may well be content to have Mick carry on and give him another couple of years. This decision may well be down to him rather than Evans. I really can't see him getting rid of Mick , TC and his backroom staff until the very end of the season when he doesn't have to pay any compensation. I just don't see Evans as being that hands on to pre-empt things. He'll bumble on then see who of the usual suspects is free at the end of the season.

Let's face it, most managers would have got the sack after the Lincoln games coupled with how things were and it felt that there was a weird standoff between Milne and Evans and Mick who seemed to be saying ' go on then, sack me' and the club trying to usher him out the door. Whether I'm right or not, there were a lot of bizzarre statements from all parties.
Critical point in the season now on 09:58 - Nov 26 with 5792 viewstextbackup

Mate there's not a chance he's doing that, pains me to say

Critical point in the season now on 10:00 - Nov 26 with 5774 viewsBluefish

Critical point in the season now on 09:54 - Nov 26 by brogansnose

We would be looking for a replacement now but I'm not altogether certain that Evans would be. He may well be content to have Mick carry on and give him another couple of years. This decision may well be down to him rather than Evans. I really can't see him getting rid of Mick , TC and his backroom staff until the very end of the season when he doesn't have to pay any compensation. I just don't see Evans as being that hands on to pre-empt things. He'll bumble on then see who of the usual suspects is free at the end of the season.

Let's face it, most managers would have got the sack after the Lincoln games coupled with how things were and it felt that there was a weird standoff between Milne and Evans and Mick who seemed to be saying ' go on then, sack me' and the club trying to usher him out the door. Whether I'm right or not, there were a lot of bizzarre statements from all parties.

Sean Dyche didn't get the sack after losing to Lincoln

Critical point in the season now on 10:00 - Nov 26 with 5781 viewsjas0999

Mick would take 5 I suspect. Five nil nil draws!
Critical point in the season now on 10:03 - Nov 26 with 5766 viewsSomethingBlue

Critical point in the season now on 09:54 - Nov 26 by brogansnose

Gary Megson was advertising himself quite openly to Prem and Champ clubs after West Brom's game yesterday ...

Critical point in the season now on 10:07 - Nov 26 with 5753 viewsbrogansnose

Critical point in the season now on 10:00 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

Sean Dyche didn't get the sack after losing to Lincoln

I'm being anti-Mick here Trucey I'm always more pi$$ed off with Evans than I ever will be with Mick. Nobody was going to sack Dyche after losing to Lincoln because they were more intent on staying up. I would disuss it further but I'm off out.

Anyway, nice to see you back on here !!!
Critical point in the season now on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 5739 viewsBluefish

Critical point in the season now on 10:03 - Nov 26 by SomethingBlue

Gary Megson was advertising himself quite openly to Prem and Champ clubs after West Brom's game yesterday ...

The scary thing is that he is one of the more suitable of those available. He has experience and some success and he can work on a budget while being diplomatic

I just did a bit of sick in my mouth writing that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024