Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend 15:42 - Nov 27 with 6728 viewsunbelievablue

Wotcha.

I'm taking my GF back to Suffolk in a few weekends time and I was going to do Thorpeness but, obviously, the lake isn't open in the winter. Can anyone please suggest something to do on a Saturday for a few hours which isn't pub related (that's all I know).

Thanks.

EDIT - bloody hell I forgot about Sutton Hoo! Any advances on that?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 15:44]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:45 - Nov 27 with 5874 viewsSpruceMoose

Um... in with the obvious...

Town game?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:46 - Nov 27 with 5870 viewsunbelievablue

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:45 - Nov 27 by SpruceMoose

Um... in with the obvious...

Town game?

Sod that.

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:47 - Nov 27 with 5867 viewshype313

Sutton Hoo, followed by lunch at The Ramsholt Arms or a 10 minute scoot to Snape Maltings, she would love that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:55 - Nov 27 with 5854 viewssuffolkpoker

Gatwick short stay car park is great this time of year.

I assume you wont need 'long stay'.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:03 - Nov 27 with 5839 viewsstringy

Ipswich Museum is still pretty ace (and free); it's a great museum-of-a-museum in that it really celebrates its Victorian style, and the bird and archaeology sections are very good (backdrop to your Sutton Hoo visit)

then a nice lunch in Greyhound and a mooch through the arboretum and rest of Ipswich park (are you allowed to feed the ducks anymore?)

that's what the wife and I always do (though I also make her suffer through seeing the Town too)
Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:18 - Nov 27 with 5811 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

May be a bit bracing at this time of year but a trip to Southwold is an absolute given whenever I venture back with the other half. In fact there are a few nice beaches to choose from.. You could then potter round Southwold and take in a brewery tour at Adnams.

A little out of the way (depending where you'll be) but Thetford Forest - hire some bikes for a couple of hours.

And to add in a bit of Partridge "I know a cracking owl sanctuary" (at Stonham Barns) which I've genuinely taken my missus to a couple of times as it's a good day out very near my family
Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:19 - Nov 27 with 5808 viewsunbelievablue

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:18 - Nov 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

May be a bit bracing at this time of year but a trip to Southwold is an absolute given whenever I venture back with the other half. In fact there are a few nice beaches to choose from.. You could then potter round Southwold and take in a brewery tour at Adnams.

A little out of the way (depending where you'll be) but Thetford Forest - hire some bikes for a couple of hours.

And to add in a bit of Partridge "I know a cracking owl sanctuary" (at Stonham Barns) which I've genuinely taken my missus to a couple of times as it's a good day out very near my family

Annoyingly the brewery tours are sold out on Saturday! Good call re: Southwold in general though.

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:23 - Nov 27 with 5796 viewsBurwell_Blue

A walk at Pin Mill would be high on the list for me
Login to get fewer ads

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:27 - Nov 27 with 5785 viewsitfcjoe

Getting the boat over to Orford Ness and then the walk round the island is interesting, can have a quick stop off at Orford Castke too.

I’d personally head to Aldeburgh or Southwold for a nice walk along the beach

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:32 - Nov 27 with 5759 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:27 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

Getting the boat over to Orford Ness and then the walk round the island is interesting, can have a quick stop off at Orford Castke too.

I’d personally head to Aldeburgh or Southwold for a nice walk along the beach

Was going to say Orford - probably my favourite of the nearby coastal areas, although Aldeburgh is probably a more obvious shout. Extra mention of the bakery also which is worth a quick visit for a cake!

OP - failing all of the above, me and the missus did one of the escape rooms at the Food Hall a couple of weeks back which was quite decent, and not a bad place in general either
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 16:33]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:35 - Nov 27 with 5750 viewsStirlingArcher

I've taken Mrs Archer to

Southwold Pier
Aldeburgh
Thorpeness (not the canoing though)
Felixstowe (old more than new)
Sutton Hoo
Snape Maltings

Depending on where you're coming from...
Waldringfield/Ramsholt for a river walk and pub lunch as we're currently landlocked, so river/sea air is a blessing

[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 17:16]
Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:37 - Nov 27 with 5745 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:19 - Nov 27 by unbelievablue

Annoyingly the brewery tours are sold out on Saturday! Good call re: Southwold in general though.

To add to that.. A walk to Covehithe is always nice and the 'Eels foot' is a great pub not too far either.. Very left field but is Sizewell still doing tours? remember doing it as an 10 year old

If you did a bit further south (i.e. Aldeburgh) you could fit in Snape Maltings (as mentioned above) and a trip to Orford Ness (Lovely castle) though the nature reserve might be closed this time of year
on 17:08 - Nov 27 with 5711 views_

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:47 - Nov 27 by hype313

Sutton Hoo, followed by lunch at The Ramsholt Arms or a 10 minute scoot to Snape Maltings, she would love that.

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 5665 viewstcfc

Take her to see a show up the West end? ;)

Joking aside, it’s about the time to see the deer rutting at Minsmere. Lovely place for a walk as well. Loads of history and things to see. Great pub at Dunwich, The Ship. Roll back through Woodbridge for a stroll down the river and a beer in The Anchor.

Home for a bunk up and Match for the Day.
Roberts yer mother’s brother.
Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 18:02 - Nov 27 with 5660 viewsSpruceMoose

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 17:58 - Nov 27 by tcfc

Take her to see a show up the West end? ;)

Joking aside, it’s about the time to see the deer rutting at Minsmere. Lovely place for a walk as well. Loads of history and things to see. Great pub at Dunwich, The Ship. Roll back through Woodbridge for a stroll down the river and a beer in The Anchor.

Home for a bunk up and Match for the Day.
Roberts yer mother’s brother.

Rutting, you say?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 18:11 - Nov 27 with 5637 viewsBenters

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 15:47 - Nov 27 by hype313

Snape Maltings is overpriced crap.

Id say a trip to Fram,Orford and on to Aldeburgh.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 18:14 - Nov 27 with 5628 viewshoppy

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:37 - Nov 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

To add to that.. A walk to Covehithe is always nice and the 'Eels foot' is a great pub not too far either.. Very left field but is Sizewell still doing tours? remember doing it as an 10 year old

If you did a bit further south (i.e. Aldeburgh) you could fit in Snape Maltings (as mentioned above) and a trip to Orford Ness (Lovely castle) though the nature reserve might be closed this time of year

Don't know if they are still doing the Sizewell tours. They used to have some glowing reviews as I recall.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:25 - Nov 27 with 5571 viewslowhouseblue

walk from snape to iken church.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:36 - Nov 27 with 5553 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A bracing walk on the beach at Shingle Street followed by lunch & a beer at the Ramsholt Arms.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:38 - Nov 27 with 5547 viewsHerbivore

Take her crabbing at Walberswick then up to Southwold.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:43 - Nov 27 with 5537 viewsjeera

Loads of great suggestions throughout this thread.

If it were July!

You're all mad.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:44 - Nov 27 with 5531 viewsSpruceMoose

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:43 - Nov 27 by jeera

Loads of great suggestions throughout this thread.

If it were July!

You're all mad.

What about Buyright of Hadleigh?

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 20:03 - Nov 27 with 5521 viewsjeera

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 19:44 - Nov 27 by SpruceMoose

What about Buyright of Hadleigh?

Does that still exist?

There must be some nicer indoor activities than wandering around there.

Don't get me wrong, the Suffolk coast is lovely, but this time of year?

Especially right now as it's royally* pissing down outside too.

*A nod to the engagement.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 20:07 - Nov 27 with 5514 views_

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 18:11 - Nov 27 by Benters

Snape Maltings is overpriced crap.

Id say a trip to Fram,Orford and on to Aldeburgh.

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 21:04 - Nov 27 with 5448 viewsLord_Lucan

Something cool to do in Suffolk on the weekend on 16:19 - Nov 27 by unbelievablue

I've got a couple of free passes, I wonder if they would be able to use? If so you can have them as long as you replenish them as I am looking forward to going at some point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024