Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... 09:09 - Nov 28 with 1380 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Skuse was the one that played Adomah onside.

Seems that the defence, and especially Iorfa, are getting all the criticism, when that first goal was certainly more of a team failure. I am not suggesting that the defence shouldn't be improved, it certainly should, but I would love to see a stronger central midfield as well. Thoughts?
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 14:17 - Nov 28 with 1288 viewsPilgrimblue

You're correct but while he was slow getting out it was surely that no one went for the ball when it was half cleared. It fell between Waggy and Ward and they just watched Villa take advantage!
Stronger meaning what? I thought that Villa were quicker to close down and kept better control. The result was that we lost out on 50/50s and gave ball away too cheaply.
And because they held the ball their passing options were better. Too often Skuse tries miracle first timers just hoping when so often he and others could have got ball under control and then seen how to move forward. Skuse hardly ever turns unless he's facing up field whereas having watched the u23 and youth, the whole team is speaking to each other to turn/pass etc. Don't hear much under MM but that's because the ball isn't kept long enough!!
I'd rather see Downes replace Skuse and while he may make the odd mistake he does at least look up and move as does McDonnell.
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 14:20 - Nov 28 with 1287 viewsNo9

First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 14:17 - Nov 28 by Pilgrimblue

You're correct but while he was slow getting out it was surely that no one went for the ball when it was half cleared. It fell between Waggy and Ward and they just watched Villa take advantage!
Stronger meaning what? I thought that Villa were quicker to close down and kept better control. The result was that we lost out on 50/50s and gave ball away too cheaply.
And because they held the ball their passing options were better. Too often Skuse tries miracle first timers just hoping when so often he and others could have got ball under control and then seen how to move forward. Skuse hardly ever turns unless he's facing up field whereas having watched the u23 and youth, the whole team is speaking to each other to turn/pass etc. Don't hear much under MM but that's because the ball isn't kept long enough!!
I'd rather see Downes replace Skuse and while he may make the odd mistake he does at least look up and move as does McDonnell.

Agreed, the midfield needs rebuilding = long overdue and younger legs with better skills need to be brought in.
Mobility & awareness is very necessary, presently that is missing
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 15:10 - Nov 28 with 1264 viewsFrankfurtBlue

First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 14:17 - Nov 28 by Pilgrimblue

As I intimated, I viewed it as a collection of errors. If either Waghorn or Ward had challenged for the ball, it probably would not have mattered what Skuse and/or Iorfa did. Vice versa, if Skuse had stepped up and offside was given, would we have remebered Ward and Waghorn's error?

A strong(er) midfield(er) is one that not only defends or attacks, but can do both and additionally links the defence and the attack. Skuse is too weak in attack and does too little in linking with the defence when in possession. He should be looking for the ball from defence, taking a bit of responsibility. When receiving the ball, he too offen simply looks to return it to the same defender, putting him under pressure, leading to a hoof. Skuse does do some good things and is experienced at this level, but we do need better. Likewise, Chambo, IMO.
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 15:44 - Nov 28 with 1243 viewsbraveblue

Skuse slow running forward? Hard to believe.
First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 16:01 - Nov 28 with 1228 viewsPilgrimblue

First goal v Villa. Not seen it mentioned yet, but as far as I could tell...... on 15:44 - Nov 28 by braveblue

Skuse slow running forward? Hard to believe.

Sorry shouldn't included running
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024