Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
listening to the game on radio Derby 20:11 - Nov 28 with 4414 viewsrosseden

interesting to hear other teams people commentating on us. So different from listening to our commentary. Very complimentary about us and sounds far more balanced......

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:15 - Nov 28 with 4334 viewsBurwell_Blue

We are doing well. Huws is looking great and Waghorn is running his legs off
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:19 - Nov 28 with 4281 viewsrosseden

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:15 - Nov 28 by Burwell_Blue

We are doing well. Huws is looking great and Waghorn is running his legs off

theyre very complimentary about Skuse, Spence and saying Waghorn is a unit now and hard to push off the ball. I have heard more positive noise about Ward, Celina and the ones mentioned above in 25 mins, than I have on Radio Suffolk in months!

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:30 - Nov 28 with 4180 viewsstrikalite

In fairness we do have a bit of flair in our midfield tonight in Huws and Celina..
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 4155 viewsrosseden

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:30 - Nov 28 by strikalite

In fairness we do have a bit of flair in our midfield tonight in Huws and Celina..

hardly heard Huws name.....

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 4162 viewslupadon81

Same on Talk sport 2... it seems 1) we are doing well and 2) brenner wolly doesn’t give a fair synopsis
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:34 - Nov 28 with 4122 viewsBrixtonBlue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:32 - Nov 28 by lupadon81

Same on Talk sport 2... it seems 1) we are doing well and 2) brenner wolly doesn’t give a fair synopsis

2 is bollox frankly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:34 - Nov 28 with 4122 viewsjas0999

I think Suffolk are inconsistent. They were praising us first half Saturday - despite playing badly!
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:35 - Nov 28 with 4115 viewslupadon81

Think it also shows that we can be persuaded by other people’s views( social media) peer momentum, we aren’t actually a bad team just not in the prime league we long to be
Login to get fewer ads

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:37 - Nov 28 with 4081 viewsHerbivore

People who follow Town tend to be overly negative imo, not everyone by any means but a significant number. It's the build up of 16 years of nothing aside from a few wasted opportunities. People have this notion that every other side except us is knocking the ball around beautifully and scoring goals for fun and that just isn't the case.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:37 - Nov 28 with 4072 viewsrosseden

my thoughts exactly......

Half time comments - great ball from Waghorn, nice flick on, keeper for once, not to the rescue. (implying he saved them on many other occasions) Derby haven't got their game going, no movement, Disjointed, no tempo, and need to move ball faster to break Ipswich down, Derby need more control, only one shot which wasnt really a shot, not enough creativity. Its a difficult match, Ipswich have taken hold of the midfield and only fast 1 or 2 touch might break Ipswich down.....

Theyre very critical of Derby - so maybe they have the same issue with Derby as Radio Suffolk have with ITFC?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:39 - Nov 28 with 4031 viewsBrixtonBlue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:34 - Nov 28 by jas0999

I think Suffolk are inconsistent. They were praising us first half Saturday - despite playing badly!

We didn't play badly first half, so if that's what RS were saying then they were correct.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:41 - Nov 28 with 3983 viewsBrixtonBlue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:37 - Nov 28 by rosseden

my thoughts exactly......

Half time comments - great ball from Waghorn, nice flick on, keeper for once, not to the rescue. (implying he saved them on many other occasions) Derby haven't got their game going, no movement, Disjointed, no tempo, and need to move ball faster to break Ipswich down, Derby need more control, only one shot which wasnt really a shot, not enough creativity. Its a difficult match, Ipswich have taken hold of the midfield and only fast 1 or 2 touch might break Ipswich down.....

Theyre very critical of Derby - so maybe they have the same issue with Derby as Radio Suffolk have with ITFC?

Or maybe we're playing well and Derby less so.

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:45 - Nov 28 with 3906 viewsrosseden

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:41 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Or maybe we're playing well and Derby less so.

as someone who only goes to a few away games now, I tend to think we usually play ok, I havent seen us play really badly for a good few years, ive seen teams who are better than us, beat us, but never seen us play badly like we did under Jewell or Keane.

So id be with you on that, but whenever i listen to Radio Suffolk, it sounds like we play badly, or they intimate that we do, and then i see the fans calling for MM's head at away games, and it starts to look a little like theyre far more critical than they should be......

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:45 - Nov 28 with 3897 viewsjas0999

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:39 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

We didn't play badly first half, so if that's what RS were saying then they were correct.

They were making out we were playing Villa off the pitch! Not true either.
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:46 - Nov 28 with 3882 viewsrosseden

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:45 - Nov 28 by jas0999

seems its one extreme or the other?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:49 - Nov 28 with 3832 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

That might just be because this is the best we've played all season. Radio Suffolk commentary is equally enthused...
listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:49 - Nov 28 with 3829 viewsBrixtonBlue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:45 - Nov 28 by jas0999

If they really were saying we were playing Villa off the pitch, then yeah, they're talking nonsense there!

listening to the game on radio Derby on 21:05 - Nov 28 with 3733 viewsjeera

I lived up there for a while and listened to their commentary a few times.

I thought it was really good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 21:09 - Nov 28 with 3705 viewslupadon81

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:34 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

2 is bollox frankly.

Sorry... your evidence is..?
listening to the game on radio Derby on 21:13 - Nov 28 with 3653 viewsSwansea_Blue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 20:19 - Nov 28 by rosseden

theyre very complimentary about Skuse, Spence and saying Waghorn is a unit now and hard to push off the ball. I have heard more positive noise about Ward, Celina and the ones mentioned above in 25 mins, than I have on Radio Suffolk in months!

Interesting to hear other views as we can get a bit of a downer on certain players, with Skuse being a good example. He's not a bad player, just somewhat limited to that holding role. And has been playing well lately by most accounts, not that I've seen us lately :-(

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

listening to the game on radio Derby on 21:16 - Nov 28 with 3605 viewsBrixtonBlue

listening to the game on radio Derby on 21:09 - Nov 28 by lupadon81

Sorry... your evidence is..?

Erm, listening...

Where's your evidence Brenner doesn’t give a fair synopsis, and why wouldn't he anyway?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 21:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024