Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the 22:04 - Nov 28 with 2829 viewspatrickswell

losing side against us. Only taken us 12 years but nevertheless...

IN YOUR FACE, NUGENT!

(PS - Thanks for scoring the winner at Carrow Road, last month xx)
And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 22:06 - Nov 28 with 2812 viewsFixed_It

Both Nugent and Rhodes failed to score against us within a week. The curse is lifted!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 2736 viewsbackwaywhen

He has played before and not scored ...at Portman Road cannot remember who he was playing for though ...may have been Boro ?
And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:17 - Nov 28 with 2660 viewspatrickswell

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 22:28 - Nov 28 by backwaywhen

He has played before and not scored ...at Portman Road cannot remember who he was playing for though ...may have been Boro ?

I can remember him not scoring in drawn games at Portsmouth (2010), Leicester (2011) and Middlesbrough (2016). He was injured when we beat Leicester at Portman Road (2013) and when Derby beat us last season.
And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:31 - Nov 28 with 2647 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crary that we've had to wait until he's the football age equivalent of drawing your pension. 12 yrs ffs! Glad that's out the way for sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 2643 viewsRyorry

Couldn't believe it when R5l said he was being subbed - thought I must have died & gone to heaven!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:38 - Nov 28 with 2641 viewsBackToRussia

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:33 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

Couldn't believe it when R5l said he was being subbed - thought I must have died & gone to heaven!

Presumably Rowett wasn't aware of the record otherwise he would have kept him on.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:41 - Nov 28 with 2636 viewsBluefish

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:38 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

Presumably Rowett wasn't aware of the record otherwise he would have kept him on.

The odd bit was the fact they took Nugent off at HT but they didn't put a player on to replace him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:51 - Nov 28 with 2617 viewsRyorry

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:38 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

Well if he wasn't, I'd like to thank him for his negligent preparation!

Surely Nugent would have told him tho?

Btw, the spring onions are White Lisbon variety from Quickcrop, sent several seedlings to a plug, with roots already too entwined to separate - whether that helps them thrive late I'm not sure, but exactly the same thing happened last season. The downside is the mass of gloop residing in the huge tops!

Login to get fewer ads

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:56 - Nov 28 with 2612 viewsBackToRussia

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:51 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

Well if he wasn't, I'd like to thank him for his negligent preparation!

Surely Nugent would have told him tho?

Btw, the spring onions are White Lisbon variety from Quickcrop, sent several seedlings to a plug, with roots already too entwined to separate - whether that helps them thrive late I'm not sure, but exactly the same thing happened last season. The downside is the mass of gloop residing in the huge tops!

Oh so it's actually lots of plants together. White lisbon is the standard spring onion variety. I plant mine 3 seedlings together with say a hand's spacing between each 3 plant clump. Then when you go to harvest you have a bunch growing together.

btw I'd say you could probably separate them, you have to be rough to be kind sometimes.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:06 - Nov 29 with 2602 viewsRyorry

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 23:56 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

Oh so it's actually lots of plants together. White lisbon is the standard spring onion variety. I plant mine 3 seedlings together with say a hand's spacing between each 3 plant clump. Then when you go to harvest you have a bunch growing together.

btw I'd say you could probably separate them, you have to be rough to be kind sometimes.

Ah, OK, will try some like that next season, thanks. Quickcrop say they sow & send like that to be planted as a bunch, because most people don't just want to pick one spring onion at a time! which of course is fair enough, but when they're 1m tall at this time of year & I just want enough for a couple of sarnies, I do!

I think my reluctance to separate was down to mean-ness really, thought it'd end up with the roots being entirely ripped off some of them!

Did you grow courgettes this year? I had massive problems with them end rotting, never had that before - but didn't go with my usual Green Bush variety.

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:11 - Nov 29 with 2593 viewsBackToRussia

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:06 - Nov 29 by Ryorry

Ah, OK, will try some like that next season, thanks. Quickcrop say they sow & send like that to be planted as a bunch, because most people don't just want to pick one spring onion at a time! which of course is fair enough, but when they're 1m tall at this time of year & I just want enough for a couple of sarnies, I do!

I think my reluctance to separate was down to mean-ness really, thought it'd end up with the roots being entirely ripped off some of them!

Did you grow courgettes this year? I had massive problems with them end rotting, never had that before - but didn't go with my usual Green Bush variety.

Yeah our courgettes were pretty nice. Grown in quite an exposed spot though so that probably helped keep rot down. Make sure you prune the leaves of courgettes regularly to keep the plant clean and help air flow. You can remove flowers once the fruit has set to keep the fruit clean. Blossom end rot is said to be a deficiency in potassium so you could look up ways to remedy, but really on a small scale, a top 1" dressing of compost or compost tea sprays will solve most problems.

Some plants can tolerate root disturbance more than others. Onions tolerate it very well, they can basically regrow their entire root system at that young age. 1m high spring onions doesn't sound ideal anyway! I'm urging on mine to grow to a decent size cos they went in late!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:21 - Nov 29 with 2582 viewsRyorry

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:11 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

Yeah our courgettes were pretty nice. Grown in quite an exposed spot though so that probably helped keep rot down. Make sure you prune the leaves of courgettes regularly to keep the plant clean and help air flow. You can remove flowers once the fruit has set to keep the fruit clean. Blossom end rot is said to be a deficiency in potassium so you could look up ways to remedy, but really on a small scale, a top 1" dressing of compost or compost tea sprays will solve most problems.

Some plants can tolerate root disturbance more than others. Onions tolerate it very well, they can basically regrow their entire root system at that young age. 1m high spring onions doesn't sound ideal anyway! I'm urging on mine to grow to a decent size cos they went in late!

Ah, interesting re airflow - didn't know about leaf pruning, thanks. Did regularly take the blossoms off once set (tip heard on GQT).

Yes, should have put 2+2 together re spring onions re-rooting, having successfully stuck rootless spares from supermarkets into glasses of water in winter to keep fresh!

What amazed me was harvesting some of my previous year's Scarlet Emperor runner bean seeds and getting 100% successful germination & growing on!

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:26 - Nov 29 with 2579 viewsBackToRussia

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:21 - Nov 29 by Ryorry

Ah, interesting re airflow - didn't know about leaf pruning, thanks. Did regularly take the blossoms off once set (tip heard on GQT).

Yes, should have put 2+2 together re spring onions re-rooting, having successfully stuck rootless spares from supermarkets into glasses of water in winter to keep fresh!

What amazed me was harvesting some of my previous year's Scarlet Emperor runner bean seeds and getting 100% successful germination & growing on!

Yeah courgettes and squashes generally tend to grow huge leaf biomass that then rots and causes a lot of rot in itself. You're doing it a favour to remove that yellowing stuff. All a courgette plant needs is 5-6 big healthy green leaves. You want it to concentrate on fruiting rather than leaf growth.

Re bean seeds, well, I can believe that. Seed saving gives you seeds that have DNA encoded in them from their time growing in your specific situation. They'll grow better than the ones from the shop as a result this year. You could pick the biggest plant to take seed from next year.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:38 - Nov 29 with 2571 viewsRyorry

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:26 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

Yeah courgettes and squashes generally tend to grow huge leaf biomass that then rots and causes a lot of rot in itself. You're doing it a favour to remove that yellowing stuff. All a courgette plant needs is 5-6 big healthy green leaves. You want it to concentrate on fruiting rather than leaf growth.

Re bean seeds, well, I can believe that. Seed saving gives you seeds that have DNA encoded in them from their time growing in your specific situation. They'll grow better than the ones from the shop as a result this year. You could pick the biggest plant to take seed from next year.

Had a lot of rot on the courgette leaves, yes. Tho they were so massive I don't think there were more than 5-6 per plant anyway. But from what you say I probably didn't do them any favours by sticking 10 into a standard size raised bed, where probably 9 should be the max.

Really interesting re the runners - have saved many of the very woody late ones that were beyond edible, in cold, dry porch - need to get round to shelling them out as they're starting to turn brown. They're possibly my fav homegrown veg because of sheer delectability & nutrition of eating as I pick, straight off the frame - (after - from experience - checking *both* sides of the bean for bird sh1t...!)

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:44 - Nov 29 with 2562 viewsBackToRussia

And in case you missed it, tonight is the 1st time David Nugent has been on the on 00:38 - Nov 29 by Ryorry

Had a lot of rot on the courgette leaves, yes. Tho they were so massive I don't think there were more than 5-6 per plant anyway. But from what you say I probably didn't do them any favours by sticking 10 into a standard size raised bed, where probably 9 should be the max.

Really interesting re the runners - have saved many of the very woody late ones that were beyond edible, in cold, dry porch - need to get round to shelling them out as they're starting to turn brown. They're possibly my fav homegrown veg because of sheer delectability & nutrition of eating as I pick, straight off the frame - (after - from experience - checking *both* sides of the bean for bird sh1t...!)

Haha yes the birds always perch on the frame don't they. Probably eat the small beans too the bastids. Keep saving your seed if you have the time. You will get seed more and more suited to your soil and better plants. Do you not grow french beans? I prefer the flavour.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024