Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. 11:05 - Nov 29 with 21280 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/28/uk-and-eu-agree-brexit-divorce-

Couldn't we just not leave the EU and give the NHS £50bn?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 11:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 8103 viewsblue_oyster

Does anyone know what we're getting for our £50bn?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:17 - Nov 29 with 8082 viewsGeoffSentence

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:11 - Nov 29 by blue_oyster

The love of our European friends.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:17 - Nov 29 with 8081 viewsbenno1uk

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:11 - Nov 29 by blue_oyster

Shafted?
Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:18 - Nov 29 with 8077 viewschicoazul

"Go whistle" hahahaha what a bunch of losers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:26 - Nov 29 with 8043 viewsDarth_Koont

It's £89 billion. The gross figure applies surely?

Not bad. That's only 250 weeks of money that we could be spending on the NHS. By the end of that we'll be laughing ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:29 - Nov 29 with 8033 viewsSteve_M

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:18 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

"Go whistle" hahahaha what a bunch of losers.

And throwing away so much good will in the process. I think some in the cabinet and the Tory press don't realise that their online articles can be read around the world.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:44 - Nov 29 with 7993 viewsDarth_Koont

It occurs to me that it's one time the incompetence of government representatives and party politicians may well work in everyone's best interests.

There's been an inability to negotiate and find solutions with the EU, a total lack of purpose and optimism from our murmured discussions with future trade partners and now a huge divorce bill ... a final Commons vote on this "deal" would only go one way.

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:45 - Nov 29 with 7993 viewsGuthrum

Depends if we want any kind of favourable deal with our largest trading partners or not. Anyway, that's barely enough to keep the NHS running for four months.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:53 - Nov 29 with 7969 viewshomer_123

Aren't we simply confirming what we've actually been saying all along though?

That we'll honour the agreement in place.

Am I missing something, are we now paying 'more' than what we are 'contracted' to pay then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 7967 viewsJ2BLUE

After the job they've done so far we'll likely agree to pay this and Germany and France will agree to trade talks knowing Ireland will veto them anyway. Then what? Do we bow to Ireland and stay in the customs union and single market like they want?

If so, we may as well have another referendum and stay.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:56 - Nov 29 with 7953 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:53 - Nov 29 by homer_123

Aren't we simply confirming what we've actually been saying all along though?

That we'll honour the agreement in place.

Am I missing something, are we now paying 'more' than what we are 'contracted' to pay then?

Don't ruin Badger's rant. I'm still waiting for him to clarify his NHS exodus post after I linked him the official figures showing there are more EU nationals working in the NHS than there were last year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:09 - Nov 29 with 7934 viewsdryas

Yes - the chance to get even poorer and become a country of little influence.
Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:12 - Nov 29 with 7922 viewsblue_oyster

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:09 - Nov 29 by dryas

Yes - the chance to get even poorer and become a country of little influence.

Indeed, no-one knows. But people still defend paying an amount before negotiating the exit, which is bizarre.

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:39 - Nov 29 with 7871 viewsGuthrum

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:12 - Nov 29 by blue_oyster

Indeed, no-one knows. But people still defend paying an amount before negotiating the exit, which is bizarre.

Altho this isn't an "exit fee", it's settlement of previously agreed costs we ran up as a member (which we still are for another 18 months). You can't expect a lot of sympathy from former associates if you run away without paying your share of the bills.

We might get something if we pay up, but nothing useful if we don't.

It's not like £50bn is that much, in high-GDP national budget terms (less than 2% of ours).

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:42 - Nov 29 with 7871 viewsDarth_Koont

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:55 - Nov 29 by J2BLUE

After the job they've done so far we'll likely agree to pay this and Germany and France will agree to trade talks knowing Ireland will veto them anyway. Then what? Do we bow to Ireland and stay in the customs union and single market like they want?

If so, we may as well have another referendum and stay.

I know. It's almost as if it wasn't in our own and our continuing main trading partners' interests from the very beginning. And that's even before we lose out on the services market.

Project Fear, my @rse.

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 7859 viewsblue_oyster

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:39 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

Altho this isn't an "exit fee", it's settlement of previously agreed costs we ran up as a member (which we still are for another 18 months). You can't expect a lot of sympathy from former associates if you run away without paying your share of the bills.

We might get something if we pay up, but nothing useful if we don't.

It's not like £50bn is that much, in high-GDP national budget terms (less than 2% of ours).

Is it a settlement of costs? Where is this detailed?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:49 - Nov 29 with 7850 viewsvapour_trail

Shouldn’t really be a fuss about this. It was always likely, and the figure will likely rise over the years.

Problem is the brexit boys sold milk and honey and denied that these sort of factors would come into play.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 7832 viewsGuthrum

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:47 - Nov 29 by blue_oyster

Is it a settlement of costs? Where is this detailed?

Part of the argument is about at what point our liabilities stop. Whether in 2019 when Article 50 runs out, or at the end of the EU funding cycle (which I believe is 2020) - or sooner.

Also about exactly what we should be paying for and what we can get excluded.

Plus, of course, we get some of it back (e.g. farming subsidies), hence £50bn is a net figure.

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 7827 viewsSeablu

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:56 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

Don't ruin Badger's rant. I'm still waiting for him to clarify his NHS exodus post after I linked him the official figures showing there are more EU nationals working in the NHS than there were last year.

Ah there you are. Your constituents certainly get their money's worth.
Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:01 - Nov 29 with 7807 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:55 - Nov 29 by Seablu

Ah there you are. Your constituents certainly get their money's worth.

Are you going to be following me around all day or this this a lifetime commitment to obsession?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 7804 viewsBlueBadger

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 11:45 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

Depends if we want any kind of favourable deal with our largest trading partners or not. Anyway, that's barely enough to keep the NHS running for four months.

3, once you factor in my pension.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 7806 viewsblue_oyster

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 12:55 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

Part of the argument is about at what point our liabilities stop. Whether in 2019 when Article 50 runs out, or at the end of the EU funding cycle (which I believe is 2020) - or sooner.

Also about exactly what we should be paying for and what we can get excluded.

Plus, of course, we get some of it back (e.g. farming subsidies), hence £50bn is a net figure.

Indeed, this is the negotiation that we are going to *enter into*. But where is the detail of what the £50bn to be paid is for, that you refer to?

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:26 - Nov 29 with 7756 viewsGuthrum

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:03 - Nov 29 by blue_oyster

Indeed, this is the negotiation that we are going to *enter into*. But where is the detail of what the £50bn to be paid is for, that you refer to?

No, that's the negotiation much of which has already happened. The final figure is dependent upon those factors.

At the beginning of this EU funding cycle (4 yearly IIRC), before the vote happened, let alone the triggering of A50, the UK (as with all other member states) made commitments to fund the organisation's running costs (e.g. subsidies, grants, admin, legal). The question is, having decided to leave, how much we get let off from those commitments.

As to exactly what the EU budget is spent on and our contribution to each part, you'll have to look that up.

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:31 - Nov 29 with 7751 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know if this money depends on getting a trade deal or are we just paying it either way?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 7727 viewshype313

Well that's some negotiating skills Thicko Davies has. on 13:31 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

Anyone know if this money depends on getting a trade deal or are we just paying it either way?

Believe it now means because we are committed to pay until we leave, they will now engage with us over trade talks.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024