Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boncho 13:09 - Dec 1 with 1577 viewsthecheek

1994 World Cup and Bulgaria were my adopted team because of the Town connection. This was one of my favourite ever international games, the look on Boncho's face waiting on the touchline to come on when the second goal goes in is priceless. He cannot quite believe what is going on -

Scroll down for the "Brilliant Bulgaria" clip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26944308

[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 13:35]
Boncho on 13:16 - Dec 1 with 1553 viewsconnorscontract

And here is his best moment in a Town shirt:

Does he still run a cafe in London?

Anyone know the name of it?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 13:36]
Boncho on 13:25 - Dec 1 with 1538 viewsSteve_M

The link doesn't go to the right match but it's pretty clear which one you meant. Letchkov's header was one of the great goals. I had forgotten how soft the German penalty was too.

I really enjoyed Mexico - Bulgaria too, broken goalposts, long delay, extra-time and a penalty shootout. Late finish that one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Boncho on 13:39 - Dec 1 with 1517 viewsthecheek

Boncho on 13:25 - Dec 1 by Steve_M

The link doesn't go to the right match but it's pretty clear which one you meant. Letchkov's header was one of the great goals. I had forgotten how soft the German penalty was too.

I really enjoyed Mexico - Bulgaria too, broken goalposts, long delay, extra-time and a penalty shootout. Late finish that one.

The clip is there if you scroll down on that link

Was in my teens and remember watching the game in a bar in the middle of the night whilst travelling round Turkey. Was surrounded by Germans which made it even better!
Boncho on 16:46 - Dec 1 with 1459 viewssolemio

Boncho on 13:16 - Dec 1 by connorscontract

And here is his best moment in a Town shirt:

Does he still run a cafe in London?

Anyone know the name of it?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 13:36]

The cafe was in Kensington, but I forget its name. I think he may no longer be in this country, but I think Phil knows about this.

Right: his Kensington cafe was called 'Strikers'.

In 2016 he became manager of SFC Etar Veliko Tarnovo, then a Bulgarian top division team, but resigned after a few months, going into senior admin in Bulgarian football.

Stanislav Genchev is the current manager of that club. Whether he is related to Boncho I don't know.

Boncho Genchev/Bontcho Guentchev
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 18:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024