Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73045 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:47 - Dec 5 with 4515 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:36 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

I was here telling him he was bang out of order. He apologised to Rommers and stopped.

You did to be fair. And I appreciate that. He never actually apologised though. He was mourning taxis departure.

This isn't about me though. As I've not been someone making the comments on threads he's not on. I can't speak for those people but it's hardly surprising when you think of the comments they received too.

I can imagine Benters will read all this tonight and have a good chuckle at a 15 pager in his absence.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:50 - Dec 5 with 4502 viewsPJH

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:47 - Dec 5 by The_Romford_Blue

You did to be fair. And I appreciate that. He never actually apologised though. He was mourning taxis departure.

This isn't about me though. As I've not been someone making the comments on threads he's not on. I can't speak for those people but it's hardly surprising when you think of the comments they received too.

I can imagine Benters will read all this tonight and have a good chuckle at a 15 pager in his absence.

Not too sure why you started another thread with the words "In honour of Benters...."
You, like a lot of people on here, seem to have little reason to honour him.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:55 - Dec 5 with 4482 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:50 - Dec 5 by PJH

Not too sure why you started another thread with the words "In honour of Benters...."
You, like a lot of people on here, seem to have little reason to honour him.

I was gonna start the thread anyway and as I was typing, it reminded me of him.

Funny how some phrases stick with people. When I depart, I want BELIEVE! as the phrase people associate with me.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 21:39 - Dec 5 with 4400 viewsGiveusaWave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:55 - Dec 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I was gonna start the thread anyway and as I was typing, it reminded me of him.

Funny how some phrases stick with people. When I depart, I want BELIEVE! as the phrase people associate with me.

Seems to be the most memorable poster of all time.....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 21:45 - Dec 5 with 4376 viewsSomethingBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 21:39 - Dec 5 by GiveusaWave

Seems to be the most memorable poster of all time.....

In two decades posting here, I can confidently say he's one of the worst characters to have passed through. Added nothing but strife and bile. Let's hope he never returns.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:04 - Dec 5 with 4300 viewseireblue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:49 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps you should be bold enough to name that person “who shared his more extreme views but isn't bold enough to voice them himself/herself directly”? That’s quite cowardly to leave it hanging.

What I have noticed reading this thread this afternoon is that you spent nearly a whole day on here yesterday having a pop at either Benters or anyone who didn’t share your view on the bloke. Most vicious of those was the way you dismissed Ryorry, a poster who has bent over backwards to defend some of your late night sweary rants. Your true colours were on show there.

Having read the comments from you and Libby on this page it appears to me that you both fail to understand the difference between somebody defending Benters views and somebody speaking out against a constant bullying campaign against him that bordered on the obsessive. One can engage in the latter without condoning the former.

I’ve seen Benters chased from thread to thread about something he said in the past completely unrelated to the topic of that particular thread. If there was a story about immigration in the news then Benters would be referenced with the usual “racist” digs even when he wasn’t logged on or had contributed to the thread. Eventually it seemed to be open season on calling Benters out on a subject even if he hadn’t contributed to it. That is baiting and bullying.

I don’t think Benters is a racist. He has views on immigration that I disagree with. But his views are formed from life experiences. He saw his wages driven down by cheap migrant labour. That wasn’t the fault of the immigrant and I tried to debate that with him. If I disagreed with him then I would try to explain why I disagreed with him. Whenever I did that it would be followed by several posters saying “you’re wasting your time Glassers he’s too thick to understand”. A perfect example of those who preach tolerance being the most intolerant on here.

It can’t have been fun for the bloke to log on here most mornings to see that somebody had already had a pop at him before is day had started. So it probably wore him down in the end.

Point of order.

Re first para.

You have done similar on occasion.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:11 - Dec 5 with 4284 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:04 - Dec 5 by eireblue

Point of order.

Re first para.

You have done similar on occasion.

Paragraph 4 rings a little hollow too.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 07:59 - Dec 6 with 4144 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:11 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

Paragraph 4 rings a little hollow too.

Glassers is a changed man though, he's a veritable saint these days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:19 - Dec 6 with 4108 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 07:59 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

GB is one of the reasons why I visit this site. He's brave enough to stick his neck out and make a prediction and doesn't just snipe at others from the sidelines for doing the same - as others do here. He gives as good as he gets.

His "Tory 100-seat majority" prediction was possibly more to do with election campaigning than about making an honest forecast, but it was enough to humble (not canonise) him.

#toxic

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:25 - Dec 6 with 4096 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:19 - Dec 6 by caught-in-limbo

GB is one of the reasons why I visit this site. He's brave enough to stick his neck out and make a prediction and doesn't just snipe at others from the sidelines for doing the same - as others do here. He gives as good as he gets.

His "Tory 100-seat majority" prediction was possibly more to do with election campaigning than about making an honest forecast, but it was enough to humble (not canonise) him.

"doesn't just snipe at others from the sidelines for doing the same - as others"

Name names or be considered a coward!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:31 - Dec 6 with 4078 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:25 - Dec 6 by giant_stow

"doesn't just snipe at others from the sidelines for doing the same - as others"

Name names or be considered a coward!

I don't call "not poking a hornets' nest" cowardice, neither do I particularly want to get one of your aliases out of bed this morning.

#toxic

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:42 - Dec 6 with 4068 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:53 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

GB has been in the south of France. Looks like the place has fallen apart without me.

So what did you make of Carcasonne ?

Edit.....did you leave him behind ?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 8:43]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:44 - Dec 6 with 4059 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:31 - Dec 6 by caught-in-limbo

I don't call "not poking a hornets' nest" cowardice, neither do I particularly want to get one of your aliases out of bed this morning.

I think we're agreeing Mrs. And I only have 1 alias now that veryupsetblue has been banned (which I thought was pretty mean and unsporting, personally)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 9:02]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:34 - Dec 6 with 3995 viewsArcher4721

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 07:59 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

[Redacted] on 11:02 - Dec 6 with 3912 viewsvictorywilhappen

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 06:19 - Dec 5 by brogansnose

I met Benters through this site and met up with him pre match at a game in London. I've known him for years now and I consider him to be a good mate. I know him to be fun, kind , supportive and an absolute gentleman. We don't agree politically on a lot of things but when we do meet up and do actually chat politics he has never espoused or come out with anything rascist or homophobic or acted that way when we've been out and about, quite the contrary in fact, despite some of the boolox thats been posted . My wife is an immigrant and my son is a foreign pasport holder and like Newcy says, if I thought that he was anything other than what I've stated above then I wouldn't engage with him.

I do know that the labelling of him as a Neo-Nazi hurt the bloke and that comment was completely unfounded. I have Jewish ancestry and in no way would I have anything to do with anybody of that ilk.

This thread has been as depressing as hell. So many of you hated or disliked him but you couldn't put him on ignore or just sidelined his comments, you just had to jump in and have a bunfight. On the whole, with the exceptions of those that have met the man, its been the equivalent of a Kangaroo court or some Medieval affair with him being put in the stocks with peasants throwing rotting veg at the man.

See you soon Benters.

You are a lyrcra wearing tart though !!!

[Redacted]
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:36 - Dec 9 with 3663 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 21:45 - Dec 5 by SomethingBlue

In two decades posting here, I can confidently say he's one of the worst characters to have passed through. Added nothing but strife and bile. Let's hope he never returns.

Absolutely concur all the way.

It's not complicated.

There are some people who are trying too hard because they like the attention it brings.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024