Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73047 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:46 - Dec 4 with 4007 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:44 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

I just had a really stupid thought.................perhaps GB has been working!

He's a tory - so work means 'finding a tax dodge'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:47 - Dec 4 with 4006 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:37 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

It's the implication that someone whose parentage is Tunisian isn't really French I would imagine. He frequently made suggestions of this kind of nature and the common denominator was always that the person in question was brown and living in a country that Benters viewed as being white.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 17:38]

Someone said the attacker was French and Benters pointed out he was French-Tunisian (he was actually born in Tunisia). Not really sure how this is racist.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:49 - Dec 4 with 3997 viewsBluebell

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:47 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

Someone said the attacker was French and Benters pointed out he was French-Tunisian (he was actually born in Tunisia). Not really sure how this is racist.

I agree.

I have just read that thread twice and no way can anything that Benters said be regarded as racist.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:51 - Dec 4 with 3987 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:47 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

Well if that's what you choose to see then fair enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:00 - Dec 4 with 3962 viewssundaze

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:51 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Are you suggesting that racist threads are allowed to be posted on here and still remain after all this time? Why not report the thread and get it taken down?
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:05 - Dec 4 with 3946 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:00 - Dec 4 by sundaze

Are you suggesting that racist threads are allowed to be posted on here and still remain after all this time? Why not report the thread and get it taken down?

I'm not a grass. Plus the racists are always careful not to be too explicit with their racism.

So what happened to old Benters then......? (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 4 with 3948 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:46 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

He's a tory - so work means 'finding a tax dodge'.

This post has been edited by an administrator
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:09 - Dec 4 with 3934 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:51 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

You've clearly chosen to see something else.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 3899 viewscaught-in-limbo

This thread really is bringing the best out of everyone.

Well done TWTD.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:15 - Dec 4 with 3892 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:09 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

In the context of some of his other posts both on that thread and elsewhere I think the implication is pretty clear, but if you don't see it then that's fair enough.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 3879 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:14 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Well done TWTD.

I think they are all channelling CIL ! (Think of it as kind of tribute to the departed !)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 18:19]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:19 - Dec 4 with 3875 viewswitchdoctor

So what happened to old Benters then......? (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

wasting your time mate...he’s one of the untouchables
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:20 - Dec 4 with 3869 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:14 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Well done TWTD.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 3863 viewsAxeldalai_lama

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:09 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I guess thats kind of the debate.
It's mostly in the grey area in the middle, so you either have to give him a big benefit of the doubt, or call him out, maybe without specific justification. Depends on your view on him and the bigger picture I suppose.
I fully admit it's not a smoking gun.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 3863 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:17 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think they are all channelling CIL ! (Think of it as kind of tribute to the departed !)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 18:19]

It's quite possibly the most acrimonious Benters thread ever and the poor bloke hasn't even shown up yet.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:22 - Dec 4 with 3848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:44 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

I just had a really stupid thought.................perhaps GB has been working!

Crazy woman.........he has people for that ! (he once told me you know, something about "dogs" and "barking")

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:30 - Dec 4 with 3814 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:21 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

It's quite possibly the most acrimonious Benters thread ever and the poor bloke hasn't even shown up yet.

10 pages in a day though..........what a tribute to the man. In all seriousness though I am hoping that he hasn't had any medical news and have not read all ten pages to see if this has been discounted.
I liked to focus on the gardener rather than his other thoughts. It brought out the best in him, along with cycling.........frightened romantic !

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:32 - Dec 4 with 3809 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:19 - Dec 4 by witchdoctor

wasting your time mate...he’s one of the untouchables

He's Indian ?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:43 - Dec 4 with 3777 viewsArcher4721

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:33 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I wouldn't want to defend Benters in any way but where is he being racist in that thread?

Really?

Try this one.

https://wwww.twtd.co.uk/forum/408064/page:1

or this one

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387901/page:1
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 18:47]
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:44 - Dec 4 with 3772 viewsjaykay

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I have openly stated that he was clearly "Little Englander" - his views on immigrants etc - but his unforgiveable "machine gun em" comments also applied to *caucasian immigrants from Europe* - it wasn't to do with the colour of their skin. As I said, he told me was of mixed race descent himself (tho he called it "half-caste" - he thanked me for updating him re contemporary terminology) and had nothing against people because of the colour of their skin. Being anti-immigration is *not* the same as being racist.

i think you may be getting mixed up ryorry. i think benters said he had a mied race cousin.

I have mixed race Cousins living in Canada,next time i see them i will look at their skin

benters words

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:54 - Dec 4 with 3745 viewshoppy

Not read the whole thread.

A 10 pager though, it's what he would've wanted!

I don't know if he's jumped or was pushed, but whatever he posts on here, I've met him a few times - and he did some repointing on our front wall for us as well, and he's a nice bloke to meet. I don't know if his views expressed on here are genuinely what he believes or not, we never got into all that, but offline, he's alright.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 3687 viewsNewcyBlue

If I honestly thought Benters to be racist I wouldn’t engage with him.

MrsNewcy is mixed race. I have thrown actual racists off trains (at the platform, she wouldn’t let me do it when it was moving unfortunately).

I never agreed with many things he said on certain topics, and he knows it.

I still believe him to have been more of a wind up merchant than many choose to believe.

Posters come and go, the forum carries on. Some posters are more of a less than others. TWTD is a broad spectrum of society really, we have many people from many walks of life.

The daily arguments continue to rage, there are some friendships formed, some have even found love. TWTD has been good for me personally, I have learnt a lot from the forum.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:38 - Dec 4 with 3660 viewsGeoffSentence

So what happened to old Benters then......? (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

baiting and trolling? really?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:45 - Dec 4 with 4124 viewssolemio

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 by jeera

For some bizarre reason some posters want to be seen 'apart from the crowd' because it makes them feel important.

If opinion were to be leaning the other way, they would oppose it for the same reason.

They don't actually read or follow what goes on, they just pluck a few ideas out of the sky.

Ryorry seems a very sane well-balanced individual well capable of seeing both sides of most debates. Although my emphasis on Benters is slightly different from hers I think this is a totally unwarranted and rather unpleasant attack.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:05 - Dec 4 with 4064 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bit OTT. Anyone who gets offended by Facters needs to have a serious word with themselves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024