Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 72989 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 00:22 - Dec 5 with 4195 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 00:01 - Dec 5 by SpruceMoose

Sounds tough, being a massive bigot.

is that the best you have comrade?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 01:09 - Dec 5 with 4153 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 00:22 - Dec 5 by Jonnosdreadlocks

is that the best you have comrade?

It's the best you deserve!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 05:43 - Dec 5 with 4113 viewspowinswitch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 00:09 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Benters a racist, Benters this, Benters that.... some are hilariously obsessed with the man. An amount of posts about him from some members is staggering. 12 pages already ! Some are really obsessed.

Benters a racist? Crikey !!! He knows where I come from, he's known that for years and never ever have I got any unpleasant comments from him regarding that. Despite that I'm one of those who is 'taking his jobs' he's always been genuinely nice bloke and that's the been case every time I've spoken to him over PM's or have met him during the Ipswich matches.

Whether it's a political or footballing view he's a target for some just because he has the different opinion than them.
He ain't a leftie and that's his personal choice. I'm not a leftie either !
Same when it comes to football. If he dislikes McCarthy and Evans that's his choice.

If someone doesn't like his opinions there is an easy option. Put him on ignore !!! Is it that difficult?

It's all bad when he's a 'racist' but some think it's fine to throw insults at him like they do in this thread for example. The 'ambassadors' of decency and morality my arse ! TWTD must be blessed to have such 'angels'.

As I've said personally he's a nice bloke and always a pleasure to see and speak to during the Town matches.

Benters your foreign mate hopes you'll be back !
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:39]

This
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 06:19 - Dec 5 with 4102 viewsbrogansnose

I met Benters through this site and met up with him pre match at a game in London. I've known him for years now and I consider him to be a good mate. I know him to be fun, kind , supportive and an absolute gentleman. We don't agree politically on a lot of things but when we do meet up and do actually chat politics he has never espoused or come out with anything rascist or homophobic or acted that way when we've been out and about, quite the contrary in fact, despite some of the boolox thats been posted . My wife is an immigrant and my son is a foreign pasport holder and like Newcy says, if I thought that he was anything other than what I've stated above then I wouldn't engage with him.

I do know that the labelling of him as a Neo-Nazi hurt the bloke and that comment was completely unfounded. I have Jewish ancestry and in no way would I have anything to do with anybody of that ilk.

This thread has been as depressing as hell. So many of you hated or disliked him but you couldn't put him on ignore or just sidelined his comments, you just had to jump in and have a bunfight. On the whole, with the exceptions of those that have met the man, its been the equivalent of a Kangaroo court or some Medieval affair with him being put in the stocks with peasants throwing rotting veg at the man.

See you soon Benters.

You are a lyrcra wearing tart though !!!
on 06:46 - Dec 5 with 4048 views_

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:40 - Dec 4 by Jonnosdreadlocks

you call me a bigot because I have differing political view to you. you just prove my point, intolerant. I think this is you in the cap and the beetroot hair.

on 06:54 - Dec 5 with 4039 views_

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 06:19 - Dec 5 by brogansnose

I met Benters through this site and met up with him pre match at a game in London. I've known him for years now and I consider him to be a good mate. I know him to be fun, kind , supportive and an absolute gentleman. We don't agree politically on a lot of things but when we do meet up and do actually chat politics he has never espoused or come out with anything rascist or homophobic or acted that way when we've been out and about, quite the contrary in fact, despite some of the boolox thats been posted . My wife is an immigrant and my son is a foreign pasport holder and like Newcy says, if I thought that he was anything other than what I've stated above then I wouldn't engage with him.

I do know that the labelling of him as a Neo-Nazi hurt the bloke and that comment was completely unfounded. I have Jewish ancestry and in no way would I have anything to do with anybody of that ilk.

This thread has been as depressing as hell. So many of you hated or disliked him but you couldn't put him on ignore or just sidelined his comments, you just had to jump in and have a bunfight. On the whole, with the exceptions of those that have met the man, its been the equivalent of a Kangaroo court or some Medieval affair with him being put in the stocks with peasants throwing rotting veg at the man.

See you soon Benters.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:23 - Dec 5 with 3962 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 06:19 - Dec 5 by brogansnose

See you soon Benters.

Seems to me that what's come across from the thread is a 100% clear divide (or should that be 50-50? come in Cotty please!) between those who've met him (positive views) and those who only know him from the board (overwhelmingly negative views). As I said on p6 in reply to Bluebell -

"you've endorsed what I said earlier about people who've met him finding him a lot more likeable than his persona on here. Nevertheless, this is obviously a message-board, so for those of us who hadn't met him, it was obviously reasonable to think of him only in terms of what he posted on it".

I thought J2's long post on p6 speaks (as usual from him) a lot of good sense.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 3943 viewshype313

on 06:54 - Dec 5 by _

Thing is he can say what he likes on here without getting a smack in the mouth. If he said some of the stuff on here out and about he would get a pasting.

I'm sure he is a pleasant bloke in person, but he's hardly going to spout out loud what he does on here in a public environment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:36 - Dec 5 with 3917 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:30 - Dec 5 by hype313

Thing is he can say what he likes on here without getting a smack in the mouth. If he said some of the stuff on here out and about he would get a pasting.

I'm sure he is a pleasant bloke in person, but he's hardly going to spout out loud what he does on here in a public environment.

Mmmhmm.

You can only judge a person by your interactions with them.

Those who have met him and those who have only spoken to him on here. I am the latter and have found him to be deeply unpleasant - in person, he may not be - but I haven't met him in person, I have only had him being very nasty to me on here.

I do question how much of a 'good person' someone can be, if they actually have these views though? Unless it's just an act. Which it may be. In which case, he should only be treated on that merit.

Either way. Thread locking time?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:45 - Dec 5 with 3891 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:36 - Dec 5 by Swailsey

Mmmhmm.

Those who have met him and those who have only spoken to him on here. I am the latter and have found him to be deeply unpleasant - in person, he may not be - but I haven't met him in person, I have only had him being very nasty to me on here.

I do question how much of a 'good person' someone can be, if they actually have these views though? Unless it's just an act. Which it may be. In which case, he should only be treated on that merit.

No way should this thread be locked!

From an online versus off-line sociology point of view, this thread is fascinating.

More data needed. Please post your views on Benters below.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:47 - Dec 5 with 3876 viewsBigalhunter

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 07:48 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

Bloo is still very much alive.

If Benters has left here for ever it will be a real shame. He is one of the great characters from this forum. He always speaks the truth and speaks from the heart.

I know he has been very kind and helpful to people suffering from the Big C (as he calls it), always keeping in touch with them.

I have met him and found him to be a very intelligent, likeable person. I know he was upset at all the constant digs that people made about him.

So another one bites the dust!

I always suspected you shared his vile views.

Benters in a dress.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 3870 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:36 - Dec 5 by Swailsey

Mmmhmm.

Someone once commented to me via PMs that he thought there were basically two kinds of poster on here - the ones who stuck to speaking as their real selves (i.e. they are on here as they are in real life) and those who adopt alternative personas. Benters clearly emerges as one of the second group. But that's obviously no excuse for expressing vile views, from behind a mask, as a proxy, a troll or whatever.

Agree with you re thread-locking btw.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:52 - Dec 5 with 3851 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:47 - Dec 5 by Bigalhunter

I always suspected you shared his vile views.

Benters in a dress.

BB's never even come close to that. Bang out of order comment.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:58 - Dec 5 with 3834 viewsitfcjoe

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:45 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

No way should this thread be locked!

From an online versus off-line sociology point of view, this thread is fascinating.

More data needed. Please post your views on Benters below.

Met in real life a few times, had season ticket behind me for a while and seen him at various London away days - good guy and good laugh

On here he just couldn't resist starting threads, or getting involved with things he didn't have the knowledge to understand, and more importantly wasn't willing to listen to anyone and engage with people who's views he disagreed with on certain things and try to learn

That in turn pushed him more into his corner and he then played up to being the village idiot at times and those threads did him no favours

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:59 - Dec 5 with 3827 viewsnoggin

Christ almighty you lot, pull yourselves together, it's nearly Christmas. So much bitching!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blimey I was only asking what had.... on 11:05 - Dec 5 with 3807 viewsBloots

....happened to him!

I don't care enough for a thread this long and in depth.

I don't think it's particularly complicated.

He's probably a decent bloke that got totally tied up in his internet persona and realised that it wasn't a true reflection of him in "real life.

So closed his account before it got even more out of hand.

Probably the most sensible thing he's ever done onlne.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Blimey I was only asking what had.... on 11:12 - Dec 5 with 3779 viewsRyorry

Blimey I was only asking what had.... on 11:05 - Dec 5 by Bloots

....happened to him!

I don't care enough for a thread this long and in depth.

I don't think it's particularly complicated.

He's probably a decent bloke that got totally tied up in his internet persona and realised that it wasn't a true reflection of him in "real life.

So closed his account before it got even more out of hand.

Probably the most sensible thing he's ever done onlne.

Well apart from being an advocate for water conservation & people filling their butts ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:14 - Dec 5 with 3767 viewsBigalhunter

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:52 - Dec 5 by Ryorry

BB's never even come close to that. Bang out of order comment.

'he always speaks the truth'

That doesn't sound like she disagrees with his appalling, vitriolic bile.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:15 - Dec 5 with 3765 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 00:09 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Benters a racist, Benters this, Benters that.... some are hilariously obsessed with the man. An amount of posts about him from some members is staggering. 12 pages already ! Some are really obsessed.

Benters a racist? Crikey !!! He knows where I come from, he's known that for years and never ever have I got any unpleasant comments from him regarding that. Despite that I'm one of those who is 'taking his jobs' he's always been genuinely nice bloke and that's the been case every time I've spoken to him over PM's or have met him during the Ipswich matches.

Whether it's a political or footballing view he's a target for some just because he has the different opinion than them.
He ain't a leftie and that's his personal choice. I'm not a leftie either !
Same when it comes to football. If he dislikes McCarthy and Evans that's his choice.

If someone doesn't like his opinions there is an easy option. Put him on ignore !!! Is it that difficult?

It's all bad when he's a 'racist' but some think it's fine to throw insults at him like they do in this thread for example. The 'ambassadors' of decency and morality my arse ! TWTD must be blessed to have such 'angels'.

As I've said personally he's a nice bloke and always a pleasure to see and speak to during the Town matches.

Benters your foreign mate hopes you'll be back !
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 9:39]

Are you of a different race? If not, why would Benters be racist towards you?

I've met him in real life - shook his hand and wished him well with his cancer battle.

His response on here was to take the piss out of me in a thread where I admitted to being suicidal.

That's how much of a "nice bloke" he is.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:17 - Dec 5 with 3750 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:14 - Dec 5 by Bigalhunter

'he always speaks the truth'

That doesn't sound like she disagrees with his appalling, vitriolic bile.

She amended that later to "he always speaks the truth as he sees it". Big difference.

(with it being such a long thread tho, I appreciate you may not have seen that).
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 11:18]

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:20 - Dec 5 with 3732 viewsBigalhunter

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:17 - Dec 5 by Ryorry

She amended that later to "he always speaks the truth as he sees it". Big difference.

(with it being such a long thread tho, I appreciate you may not have seen that).
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 11:18]

I was too outraged by her defence of him to read any further.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:21 - Dec 5 with 3723 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:15 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

I've met him in real life - shook his hand and wished him well with his cancer battle.

His response on here was to take the piss out of me in a thread where I admitted to being suicidal.

Yes.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:22 - Dec 5 with 3723 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:15 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

He could easily be racist towards me as I was born in the different country and now live and work here.

I don't know what happened between you or other people and him in private conversations/interactions.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:27 - Dec 5 with 4169 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:22 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

He could easily be racist towards me as I was born in the different country and now live and work here.

I don't know what happened between you or other people and him in private conversations/interactions.

*public

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:31 - Dec 5 with 4155 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:22 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

In fairness Mach, Dollys example was exactly what happened.

On open forum. In front of everyone.

It was not a good watch from an outsiders/neutral perspective like myself

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024