Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73031 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:32 - Dec 5 with 4288 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:22 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

He could easily be racist towards me as I was born in the different country and now live and work here.

I don't know what happened between you or other people and him in private conversations/interactions.

That would be xenophobia, not racism.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:36 - Dec 5 with 4271 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:27 - Dec 5 by Swailsey

*public

Public? As for his political views he's entitled to them as everyone else is. Furthermore people have been bashing him for his footballing views too.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 4243 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:36 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Public? As for his political views he's entitled to them as everyone else is. Furthermore people have been bashing him for his footballing views too.

No, I mean that he was openly offensive to others on a public forum. I'm very happy that he hasn't been mean to you, but just because you haven't experienced it, it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened has it?

I really don't understand how some people can deny this.

I have been an as*hole to people in my life before. If you ask them their opinion of me, it won't be particularly good. If you ask my girlfriend, parents, then it would be better.

People are simply stating their experiences with Benters, which other people seem hellbent on denying happened.

The mind really boggles.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 4244 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 01:09 - Dec 5 by SpruceMoose

It's the best you deserve!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 4240 viewsbluewein

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:36 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

They're not his views.

They're yours and texters views and he just puts "this" on the end. The guy doesn't think for himself and just latches on to people.

It's a shame you can't see this.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:45 - Dec 5 with 4237 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:32 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

That would be xenophobia, not racism.

A xenophobia. A racism. An animosity towards people from different countries.... no matter how it is portrayed. I'm an immigrant, been living in UK over 12 years as I came from Poland so due to that and other reasons related to his former job he could have been racist to me.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:10 - Dec 5 with 4176 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:45 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

A xenophobia. A racism. An animosity towards people from different countries.... no matter how it is portrayed. I'm an immigrant, been living in UK over 12 years as I came from Poland so due to that and other reasons related to his former job he could have been racist to me.

If he attacked you for being foreign that would be xenophobia, not racism. You aren't a different race. Do you understand the difference?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:17 - Dec 5 with 4152 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:10 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

If he attacked you for being foreign that would be xenophobia, not racism. You aren't a different race. Do you understand the difference?

Dolly don't ask me if I understand the difference right? You aren't the person to ask me questions like that. Me and you have had tens of arguments down the years. You despite having been proved wrong on a few occassions never admitted that and the easiest option for you was to leave particular threads. Now you are trying to be a smart arse again. Time and time again. So don't ask me questions like that. Think what you want.
Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:57 - Dec 5 with 4066 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

More keyboard warriors than DPRK's Unit 180 in here!

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:02 - Dec 5 with 4053 viewsPJH

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:47 - Dec 5 by Bigalhunter

I always suspected you shared his vile views.

Benters in a dress.

I think you are wrong in comparing Bluebell with Benters, Mr Hunter.
I do not agree with her defence of him on here because I think that his TWTD "personality" is indefensible but she has met him and her post is(in part) from that point of view.

Bluebell is nothing like him on here or, from my knowledge of her, in real life.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:16 - Dec 5 with 4016 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:17 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Dolly don't ask me if I understand the difference right? You aren't the person to ask me questions like that. Me and you have had tens of arguments down the years. You despite having been proved wrong on a few occassions never admitted that and the easiest option for you was to leave particular threads. Now you are trying to be a smart arse again. Time and time again. So don't ask me questions like that. Think what you want.

It's not about being smart arse, it's about being correct. It's an important distinction, the difference between being xenophobic and being racist. You claiming Benters isn't racist because he's never been racist to you, despite the fact that you aren't a different race, is a stupid argument.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:18 - Dec 5 with 4005 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:02 - Dec 5 by PJH

I think you are wrong in comparing Bluebell with Benters, Mr Hunter.
I do not agree with her defence of him on here because I think that his TWTD "personality" is indefensible but she has met him and her post is(in part) from that point of view.

Bluebell is nothing like him on here or, from my knowledge of her, in real life.

I don't know Bluebell or Benters personally, but the idea that they could be similar in any way is simply not on the radar.

That said, this thread will be remembered for bringing the image of "Benters in a dress" into the collective mind of all who post on this forum.

Sensational.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 13:20]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 3947 viewsNewcyBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:16 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

It's not about being smart arse, it's about being correct. It's an important distinction, the difference between being xenophobic and being racist. You claiming Benters isn't racist because he's never been racist to you, despite the fact that you aren't a different race, is a stupid argument.

The whole thing is a stupid argument Dollers..

As stupid as arguing over whether Haribo or McDonalds is worse for kids.

Don't you see how pathetic the squabbles are?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:55 - Dec 5 with 3939 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:18 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

I don't know Bluebell or Benters personally, but the idea that they could be similar in any way is simply not on the radar.

That said, this thread will be remembered for bringing the image of "Benters in a dress" into the collective mind of all who post on this forum.

Sensational.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 13:20]

Sensational indeed! In fact, more than I could handle. wow.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:57 - Dec 5 with 3926 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:53 - Dec 5 by NewcyBlue

Haribo

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:59 - Dec 5 with 3920 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just when I thought this thread would be nearing the end..

Guaranteed 20 pager now

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:59 - Dec 5 with 3919 viewsJ2BLUE

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:57 - Dec 5 by Swailsey

Haribo

You should always aim for a balanced diet. Have both.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:04 - Dec 5 with 3904 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:59 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

You should always aim for a balanced diet. Have both.

I'm veggie though. Only a few haribo are veggie - there's more for me to have at a Maccy D's.

We should have a debate about veganisim too.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:13 - Dec 5 with 3886 viewsBrixtonBlue

I disagree. Mach is claiming Benters isn't racist because he's been accepting of him, despite the fact that he isn't a different race.

What I took issue with over McDonalds is having it as a main meal every week. With regard to Haribo - most normal people have sweets as a treat now and again, not as a main meal every week.

If you think these points are pathetic, ignore them.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:24 - Dec 5 with 3853 viewsDarkHorse

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:26 - Dec 3 by SomethingBlue

Complete rotter who made this board a much worse place — I wish him no ill at all, but would rather he continued not to post here.

End thread.

Although I think "rotter" is generous.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:26 - Dec 5 with 3841 viewsJosebadleg

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:13 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

I disagree. Mach is claiming Benters isn't racist because he's been accepting of him, despite the fact that he isn't a different race.

What I took issue with over McDonalds is having it as a main meal every week. With regard to Haribo - most normal people have sweets as a treat now and again, not as a main meal every week.

Surely Poland and Polish decedents of Slavic race is different to Saxon/Celt/Roman race?

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:35 - Dec 5 with 3821 viewsNewcyBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:13 - Dec 5 by BrixtonBlue

You misunderstand...

What's pathetic is arguing about somebody that isn't even here. I'd even bet money he is reading this laughing himself stupid.

What's pathetic is arguing about the nutritional benefits of Haribo versus McDonalds.

What's pathetic is all the silly little constant arguments and digs people have at each other.

TWTD is a diverse forum, but there happen to be a lot of people that are right. Always right.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:51 - Dec 5 with 3786 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:35 - Dec 5 by NewcyBlue

You misunderstand...

What's pathetic is arguing about somebody that isn't even here. I'd even bet money he is reading this laughing himself stupid.

What's pathetic is arguing about the nutritional benefits of Haribo versus McDonalds.

What's pathetic is all the silly little constant arguments and digs people have at each other.

TWTD is a diverse forum, but there happen to be a lot of people that are right. Always right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:56 - Dec 5 with 4368 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:26 - Dec 5 by Josebadleg

Surely Poland and Polish decedents of Slavic race is different to Saxon/Celt/Roman race?

I think everyone should go through the process of trying to get to the bottom of what a different race, ethno-linguistic or ethno-religious group, and a different nationality actually is. They'll soon give up and learn that it's much easier to look for similarities between people and just try to get on with everyone instead.

But in answer to your point Poles are geographically and linguistically Slavic people. Slavs are Aryan. Hitler (there you go, I said it) claimed to want a master race of Aryans. But north Africans are strictly aryans, so he probably wanted a race of white aryans. Jews are largely white aryans, so he probably wanted a master race of white, non-Jewish aryans. But he didn't like Slavs either, so he probably just wanted a race of white, non-Jewish Germanic people. If he'd ever looked in the mirror long enough, he'd have come to the conclusion that he was neither tall enough, nor was his hair sufficiently blond for a super sexy master race.

See, if Hitler had given it adequate thought, he'd have given up on his dreams of having a master race and would most likely become an actor doing spoof Chaplin films instead.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 15:08]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:59 - Dec 5 with 4368 viewsBrixtonBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:35 - Dec 5 by NewcyBlue

You misunderstand...

You seem to be ignoring my specific points to make broader ones. But you're right, broadly speaking most of the arguments are pathetic. They do add to the vibrancy of TWTD though! I think this place would be way less popular without the silly squabbles. We love them really!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024