Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73044 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 3514 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:33 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

He asked to be deleted.

I gather the 'Grassy Knoll' division of Moose Logistical Solutions will also do that, albeit on a rather more permanent basis.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 with 3501 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:40 - Dec 4 by JoeSoap

Keno's alright, he's a bit busy and just taken a break from the forum for a while.
I'm meeting up with him in the new year, I'll let him know how much he's missed by everyone.

Yes Joe, I agree. I like Ken

But he did log on yesterday and disappeared.

Pfft.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 with 3503 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:44 - Dec 4 by jeera

It's not complicated mate.

He has seen the attention that deleted posters get and wanted a bite.

But why though? He always said he never cared what people on here thought of him. And I believed him.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:50 - Dec 4 with 3480 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

To make it clear I disagree with a great deal that Benter's posted, moreover the way it was communicated.

To cheaply call him a racist bigot buthole, et al is not the way to encourage debate.

Without different opinions there is no meaningful conversation and how can one be persuaded that their argument is wrong if they are no longer here to communicate with?

To agree with another poster here, that doesn't even add up.

Bentley is the ultimate example of someone who doesn't 'do' discussion.

He is Mr Dismissive to anything that slants from his ridiculous views*.

*Views. Surely to hold a view you have to at least make some effort to understand what it is you have a view about.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:51 - Dec 4 with 3466 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:41 - Dec 4 by jeera

What?

You don't think you'd get the same air-time if you were to disappear?

I shan't flatter myself. No one would notice unless there was space missing having a go at J2 or Rommers on some cooking thread.

E.Clacton received his rightful send-off of course, but we hope he will reappear.

We are all just a bundle of opinions and behaviours. When we go, our opinions and behaviours are just expressed and played out by others.

I would like my leaving (of this forum and of my life) to be as unremarkable as I am in the general scheme of things.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 with 3460 viewsblue_oyster

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:43 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Seems strange for him to just randomly ask to be deleted. He hasn't had any arguments recently as far as I saw. Especially for someone who posted daily on her.

Since Taxi and Cruncher were kicked, I felt I got on alright with Benters and often chatted during the early hours. As much as some of his views I disagreed with, I'm suprised with myself in that I genuinely hope he returns. He's alright when not with his mates.

I think he got bored with the constant bile directed at him from people who didn’t agree with his opinions, much of this plain to see on this thread. Very sad.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 with 3456 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:51 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

We are all just a bundle of opinions and behaviours. When we go, our opinions and behaviours are just expressed and played out by others.

I would like my leaving (of this forum and of my life) to be as unremarkable as I am in the general scheme of things.

A bundle?

I'll have you know I am a complex system thingy that can feed, and on some days, even dress itself.

I made bread yesterday. It wasn't brilliant, but was ok.

I've looked at what's left today and I would fancy my chances fighting off any burglar with it.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:58 - Dec 4 with 3435 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 by jeera

A bundle?

I'll have you know I am a complex system thingy that can feed, and on some days, even dress itself.

I've looked at what's left today and I would fancy my chances fighting off any burglar with it.

To ourselves we are probably more, but to each other, you and I are just a bundle of opinions and posting behaviours.

But I still like you.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 10:01]

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:01 - Dec 4 with 3429 viewsJoeSoap

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 by jeera

Yes Joe, I agree. I like Ken

But he did log on yesterday and disappeared.

Pfft.

He's such a tease.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:04 - Dec 4 with 3402 viewschicoazul

He'll be back. They always come back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:06 - Dec 4 with 3399 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 by blue_oyster

I think he got bored with the constant bile directed at him from people who didn’t agree with his opinions, much of this plain to see on this thread. Very sad.

Rubbish.

Absolute deliberate attempt at trouble making, rubbish.

You used to be fun, and interesting.

Someone's hacked your account.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:08 - Dec 4 with 3390 viewsBlueLikeJazz

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 by blue_oyster

Much like your good self, Benters NEVER argued in good faith, and thought he was entitled to his own facts.

No great loss, especially when you're still here to fulfil that role.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:09 - Dec 4 with 3383 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

But why though? He always said he never cared what people on here thought of him. And I believed him.

You just answered your own post.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:09 - Dec 4 with 3385 viewshype313

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:06 - Dec 4 by jeera

Rubbish.

Oyster in troll shocker.

Used to be mildy amusing, bit like any act that repeats the same gag over and over, after time, the masses get bored, which then in turn makes the trolling redundant (hopefully)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:10 - Dec 4 with 3369 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Crikey, it's like reading the comments section on an obituary page in the Daily Mail following the death of right-wing hate figure.

Fortunately, Benters has almost certainly not passed away, and anyone who dedicates the time to this place that he does is unlikely to vanish in an instant for ever.

And we will always have his balls.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:11 - Dec 4 with 3368 viewsstickymockwell

He'll be back.
But you wont recognise him. He's gone to a Buddhist commune in Kathmandu to cleanse his soul and come back as Nagarjuna_Blue.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:11 - Dec 4 with 3361 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:54 - Dec 4 by jeera

A bundle?

Lavenham too crowded yesterday to get to the Co-Op for a loaf?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:12 - Dec 4 with 3358 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:06 - Dec 4 by jeera

Rubbish.

Funny how even friends have different views. I actually prefer the "hacked" version of Oyster.

I hope this won't affect our friendship adversely.

#toxic

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:13 - Dec 4 with 3354 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:11 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

Lavenham too crowded yesterday to get to the Co-Op for a loaf?

I did look but the bread they offer isn't great tbf.

No. I'd rather sort my own if possible.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:19 - Dec 4 with 3335 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:12 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Funny how even friends have different views. I actually prefer the "hacked" version of Oyster.

I hope this won't affect our friendship adversely.

There is a huge gap between taking on an alternative view, and being daft for the sake of it.

I quietly read and try to take on board much of what many posters put on here, because I like to learn. And if I don't understand I am not afraid to ask.

I will speak up sometimes if I can see that someone is deliberately being a 'youknowwhat'.

I may not have a great education, but I have been around the block a few times and can see when someone is taking the piss.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:24 - Dec 4 with 3306 viewsRoyKeanesDog

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

He cared, just not in the way normal people do.

Poll: Best Football Song

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:28 - Dec 4 with 3297 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:19 - Dec 4 by jeera

There is a huge gap between taking on an alternative view, and being daft for the sake of it.

I quietly read and try to take on board much of what many posters put on here, because I like to learn. And if I don't understand I am not afraid to ask.

I will speak up sometimes if I can see that someone is deliberately being a 'youknowwhat'.

I may not have a great education, but I have been around the block a few times and can see when someone is taking the piss.

I think the majority of the most active posters on this site ARE taking the piss. They should be spending more time with their families or doing the work they're paid to be doing. That includes me.

#toxic

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:31 - Dec 4 with 3277 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:28 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

I think the majority of the most active posters on this site ARE taking the piss. They should be spending more time with their families or doing the work they're paid to be doing. That includes me.

I want your advice on something sometime incidentally.

I'll be in touch.

Edit: If that's ok.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 10:36]

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:33 - Dec 4 with 3277 viewsuncle

That's a shame. A controversial 'character', but i'd chatted with him about an issue we had both mutually faced, and he is great. Never met the fella, but I've nothing but good thing to say about him.

As for the baiting on here, it just passes me by really.

Hope you're ok Benter.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:37 - Dec 4 with 3252 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:31 - Dec 4 by jeera

I want your advice on something sometime incidentally.

I'll be in touch.

Edit: If that's ok.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 10:36]

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024