Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 72987 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:34 - Dec 4 with 2108 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:29 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Me/mine too.

You two might be reasonable, but on the whole, older folk tend to be the ones with the outdated views surely? Stands to reason...

Here comes another generalisation: people tend to harden in their opinions the older they get, whatever those opinions are. For instance my God-Parents in their 60s started as lovey liberals (like all good people) and are now hard-core Corbynistas who literally can't bare to look at the London skyline cos all they can see is capitalism gone wrong.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 13:36]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 2083 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:34 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

You two might be reasonable, but on the whole, older folk tend to be the ones with the outdated views surely? Stands to reason...

Here comes another generalisation: people tend to harden in their opinions the older they get, whatever those opinions are. For instance my God-Parents in their 60s started as lovey liberals (like all good people) and are now hard-core Corbynistas who literally can't bare to look at the London skyline cos all they can see is capitalism gone wrong.

They have a point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:41 - Dec 4 with 2073 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:38 - Dec 4 by jeera

They have a point.

They do and they don't. Had the debate with them the other day - I see a city full of vibrancy too, that's old but still developing. And in any case, all those new towers going up will be the social housing of the future one day.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 13:42]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 2070 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:10 - Dec 4 by hype313

Racist? Tick
Homophobic? Tick
Islamophobic? Tick
Bigot? Tick
National front fanboy? Tick
The most negative ITFC fan I have ever come across? Tick

What's not to like!

I never once saw him post anything racist. He told me in PMs he was of mixed race background himself. "Little Englander", yes (his "machine gun refugees at the chunnel exit" etc comments.)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:43 - Dec 4 with 2063 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:42 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I never once saw him post anything racist. He told me in PMs he was of mixed race background himself. "Little Englander", yes (his "machine gun refugees at the chunnel exit" etc comments.)

Would he have talked about ltitle white kids coming through that tunnel in the same way?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:43 - Dec 4 with 2062 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:08 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

OG was definitely in the 'silly old buffer category' all the way along. As I've said a couple of times now, So was Benters, until he decided for some reason that Taxi, Arsey and Bergholt were his new role models.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 16:18]

I know I've said this before but I like Bergholt.

No way should he be put in with taxi and crunch.

Bergholt has the occasional crazy anti immigration tactic but asides from that, he's a really decent fella I think.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 2059 viewsSwailsey

Come on now!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 2053 viewsjeera

Give over!

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 2052 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:34 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Element of truth, but yes it's a generalisation - and age-ist!

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:46 - Dec 4 with 2044 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 by jeera

Give over!

Can only say what I saw. Do you have an example of evidence to the contrary?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:46 - Dec 4 with 2040 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:43 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I know I've said this before but I like Bergholt.

No way should he be put in with taxi and crunch.

Bergholt has the occasional crazy anti immigration tactic but asides from that, he's a really decent fella I think.

Bergholt seems to have conflicting views on some things.

If you pin him down he is actually quite ok.

The other nonsense is just, nonsense.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:47 - Dec 4 with 2029 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:46 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Can only say what I saw. Do you have an example of evidence to the contrary?

Only a few hundred when I give a damn to have the time.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:48 - Dec 4 with 2026 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:47 - Dec 4 by jeera

Only a few hundred when I give a damn to have the time.

Please provide when you have the time then, ta.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:48 - Dec 4 with 2012 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:48 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Where have you been the past 4 years?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 2005 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:48 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Sorry Ryorry, but from his comments about Calais, to various comments on terrorists, immigration and other's, he plainly and simply made very provocative racist remarks and was pulled up on it time and time again from various users and more.

I appreciate you genuinely may not have witnessed these, as they quite often would be deleted by admin, but he (whether meant in jest or not) made some very, very disgusting comments and had a clear agenda when discussing race.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:51 - Dec 4 with 2005 viewsblueislander

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Indeed. that is a generalisation. Funnily enough for us oldies the internet is something of a revelation, and has helped to broaden experience.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:51 - Dec 4 with 2001 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:44 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Generalisations are always uncomfortable, but I would thought this one's accurate. Apols.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 1981 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:50 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

Sorry Ryorry, but from his comments about Calais, to various comments on terrorists, immigration and other's, he plainly and simply made very provocative racist remarks and was pulled up on it time and time again from various users and more.

I appreciate you genuinely may not have witnessed these, as they quite often would be deleted by admin, but he (whether meant in jest or not) made some very, very disgusting comments and had a clear agenda when discussing race.

I have openly stated that he was clearly "Little Englander" - his views on immigrants etc - but his unforgiveable "machine gun em" comments also applied to *caucasian immigrants from Europe* - it wasn't to do with the colour of their skin. As I said, he told me was of mixed race descent himself (tho he called it "half-caste" - he thanked me for updating him re contemporary terminology) and had nothing against people because of the colour of their skin. Being anti-immigration is *not* the same as being racist.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 1977 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:50 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

For some bizarre reason some posters want to be seen 'apart from the crowd' because it makes them feel important.

If opinion were to be leaning the other way, they would oppose it for the same reason.

They don't actually read or follow what goes on, they just pluck a few ideas out of the sky.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:59 - Dec 4 with 1979 viewsPJH

Sorry to disagree with you Ryorry but that word beginning with 'r' is one of the first that comes into my head when thinking of Benters.
Perhaps he is not but he certainly gave me the impression on here that he was.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:01 - Dec 4 with 1966 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I have openly stated that he was clearly "Little Englander" - his views on immigrants etc - but his unforgiveable "machine gun em" comments also applied to *caucasian immigrants from Europe* - it wasn't to do with the colour of their skin. As I said, he told me was of mixed race descent himself (tho he called it "half-caste" - he thanked me for updating him re contemporary terminology) and had nothing against people because of the colour of their skin. Being anti-immigration is *not* the same as being racist.

I'm well aware that being anti immigration is not the same as being racist.

But calling certain races certain names, which he is, is.

I'm really not looking for an argument here, but even if you did not witness it, countless others have seen it, reported it, had it deleted etc etc.

We'll have to agree to disagree - but please don't comment on posts of his you obviously haven't seen.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:03 - Dec 4 with 1954 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 by jeera

For some bizarre reason some posters want to be seen 'apart from the crowd' because it makes them feel important.

If opinion were to be leaning the other way, they would oppose it for the same reason.

They don't actually read or follow what goes on, they just pluck a few ideas out of the sky.

What a disgusting comment. Having previously always got on well with you, to say I'm "disappointed" with you for such an unjustified, unjustifiable, bang out of order, plainly untrue comment, would be the understatement of the century.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:04 - Dec 4 with 1944 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:58 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

What an absolute pile of crap.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:09 - Dec 4 with 1931 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:01 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

I'm well aware that being anti immigration is not the same as being racist.

But calling certain races certain names, which he is, is.

I'm really not looking for an argument here, but even if you did not witness it, countless others have seen it, reported it, had it deleted etc etc.

We'll have to agree to disagree - but please don't comment on posts of his you obviously haven't seen.

No, I never saw any such, as I previously made plain, which is why I asked Jeera to post up at least one so that I could see for myself. But instead of him (or anyone) doing so, all he did was downvote me.

I've never been anything other than truthful on here, and have been trained to want to see evidence before judging any person. Really sad if some people seem to think that's a crime, or being egotistical.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:11 - Dec 4 with 2473 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:09 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

No, I never saw any such, as I previously made plain, which is why I asked Jeera to post up at least one so that I could see for myself. But instead of him (or anyone) doing so, all he did was downvote me.

I've never been anything other than truthful on here, and have been trained to want to see evidence before judging any person. Really sad if some people seem to think that's a crime, or being egotistical.

*sigh*

I cannot quote him verbatim, as his profile is no longer here.

I refer you to my previous post.

Calais
The murder of Lee Rigby
National holiday's of various religions
Various comments about SPECIFIC ethnicity when discussing immigration, terrorist attack etc etc.

It doesn't matter now, as he isn't here anymore. You said you never saw him being racist - I and others have said we did. I'm not disputing that you never saw it. There really shouldn't be anything more to it than that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024