Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 72986 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:14 - Dec 4 with 3814 viewsPJH

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:34 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

You two might be reasonable, but on the whole, older folk tend to be the ones with the outdated views surely? Stands to reason...

Here comes another generalisation: people tend to harden in their opinions the older they get, whatever those opinions are. For instance my God-Parents in their 60s started as lovey liberals (like all good people) and are now hard-core Corbynistas who literally can't bare to look at the London skyline cos all they can see is capitalism gone wrong.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 13:36]

Logically us older folk will hold long standing views but that does not necessarily make them outdated.
I think that you are right that my opinions have hardened and have remained the same on any major subject throughout my life except that at some point in the 1960's I hated Man U more than I hated your team,since then of course I have got that hatred the right way around.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:17 - Dec 4 with 3797 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:14 - Dec 4 by PJH

Logically us older folk will hold long standing views but that does not necessarily make them outdated.
I think that you are right that my opinions have hardened and have remained the same on any major subject throughout my life except that at some point in the 1960's I hated Man U more than I hated your team,since then of course I have got that hatred the right way around.

Good to read! It's not worth hating Man U - they're way past that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:19 - Dec 4 with 3790 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:11 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

*sigh*

I cannot quote him verbatim, as his profile is no longer here.

I refer you to my previous post.

Calais
The murder of Lee Rigby
National holiday's of various religions
Various comments about SPECIFIC ethnicity when discussing immigration, terrorist attack etc etc.

It doesn't matter now, as he isn't here anymore. You said you never saw him being racist - I and others have said we did. I'm not disputing that you never saw it. There really shouldn't be anything more to it than that.

I'm sorry, I was too upset by jeera's attack on me to have thought about "I cannot quote him verbatim, as his profile is no longer here. " !!

I completely agree with your "You said you never saw him being racist - I and others have said we did. I'm not disputing that you never saw it. There really shouldn't be anything more to it than that." - I never said otherwise.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:41 - Dec 4 with 3705 viewsfooters

What a tragedy.

I'll miss his posts about attendance figures.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 3667 viewsJohnny_Boy

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:28 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

"People do seemingly take this message board far too seriously. "

Couldn't disagree more - those are real people behind the screens having vile stuff directed at them - no-one should have to put up with that.

Those people should be banned. But you and I realise that will never happen to certain sections of the Board Mafia. Benters is gone. Who do you think else should join him?
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:54 - Dec 4 with 3659 viewsJohnny_Boy

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:11 - Dec 4 by jeera

Wrong post?

Sorry, what?

Long posts. It clogs up the board.

Oh, I dunno, maybe on your outdated mode it doesn't.

Nope. All good here.

*as I reply to J2*
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:09 - Dec 4 with 3619 viewsJohnny_Boy

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:30 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Another very fair point.

Where did you stand on OG?

(and don't say his head)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 15:24]
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:15 - Dec 4 with 3601 viewsArcher4721

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:19 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I'm sorry, I was too upset by jeera's attack on me to have thought about "I cannot quote him verbatim, as his profile is no longer here. " !!

I completely agree with your "You said you never saw him being racist - I and others have said we did. I'm not disputing that you never saw it. There really shouldn't be anything more to it than that." - I never said otherwise.

Yes you can find it...Here's a snippet.

https://wwww.twtd.co.uk/forum/379422/page:1
Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:47 - Dec 4 with 3541 viewsAxeldalai_lama

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:15 - Dec 4 by Archer4721

That thread sums up the argument with benters.
I read it and say he's clearly being racist etc. Whilst many others I'm sure will point out the technicalities of specific language and that he didn't specifically mention anyones skin colour so therefore isn't a racist.
You could argue I'm jumping the gun and judging him harshly, I'd argue that people seem to be trying too hard to let him off the hook.
Either way his views in many threads were pretty nasty, overtly or not. It's shades of nastiness and splitting hairs.
Not that he was always nasty, far from it, but it can't be forgotten or downplayed either.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:51 - Dec 4 with 3520 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:45 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

Re number three, I think Benters is about the same age as me, so I resent the implication that I might be a product of another era!

You're 94?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:17 - Dec 4 with 3466 viewsBlueBadger

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:51 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

You're 94?

Phil's wearing well, I'll give him that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:22 - Dec 4 with 3449 viewsuncle

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:17 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

Phil's wearing well, I'll give him that.

As the old saying goes..."A hob nob a day keeps the wrinkles away"
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:46 - Dec 4 with 3405 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:47 - Dec 4 by Axeldalai_lama

That thread sums up the argument with benters.
I read it and say he's clearly being racist etc. Whilst many others I'm sure will point out the technicalities of specific language and that he didn't specifically mention anyones skin colour so therefore isn't a racist.
You could argue I'm jumping the gun and judging him harshly, I'd argue that people seem to be trying too hard to let him off the hook.
Either way his views in many threads were pretty nasty, overtly or not. It's shades of nastiness and splitting hairs.
Not that he was always nasty, far from it, but it can't be forgotten or downplayed either.

I'm really not trying to be 'trying too hard' but where is the racism from Benter's in that thread?
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:50 - Dec 4 with 3390 viewswitchdoctor

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 13:13 - Dec 4 by jeera

The nice old boy act by OG?

Racist, unpleasant so & so. Still pops along to stir the pot here and there. He'll be reading this.

I had some old crap where he picked a row then threatened me with his sons when it became unpleasant.

The bloke's a vile coward.

indeedy....another one who seemed to ‘get away with it’ but pleased that you saw through his ‘folksy’ persona.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:04 - Dec 4 with 3337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GB has gone very quiet............maybe they've eloped.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 3323 viewsstickymockwell

Benters agreeing that the death penalty should be brought back for suicide bombers is priceless!!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:25 - Dec 4 with 3281 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:33 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

He asked to be deleted.

Bit of an overreaction to a great display of attacking football from the towen but then he always has been a contrary one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:32 - Dec 4 with 3268 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:09 - Dec 4 by stickymockwell

Benters agreeing that the death penalty should be brought back for suicide bombers is priceless!!

I think certainly made me chuckle rereading that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:33 - Dec 4 with 3268 viewsDesmond

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:04 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Maybe GB and Benters are the same person brother?
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:33 - Dec 4 with 3268 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wouldn't want to defend Benters in any way but where is he being racist in that thread?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:37 - Dec 4 with 3254 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:33 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I wouldn't want to defend Benters in any way but where is he being racist in that thread?

It's the implication that someone whose parentage is Tunisian isn't really French I would imagine. He frequently made suggestions of this kind of nature and the common denominator was always that the person in question was brown and living in a country that Benters viewed as being white.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 17:38]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:38 - Dec 4 with 3251 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:04 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:38 - Dec 4 with 3250 viewsjpring89

Poll: What irritates you more ?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:41 - Dec 4 with 3709 viewsAxeldalai_lama

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 16:46 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

I'm really not trying to be 'trying too hard' but where is the racism from Benter's in that thread?

You can take Benters comments on the specific ethnicity and origin of the attacker as an attempt to look into the precise geo political nature of the ongoing struggles with isis or you can take them as an attempt to say the attacker wasn't a proper "onion selling" frenchman, i.e not his typical view of a Frenchman, namely white, lets be honest.
As I say many people will give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe they're right. Also many will see it the other way and deem him to be bordering on racist/ xenophobic/ a bit nasty.
As I said, not that this was all he was, but it can't be ignored or downplayed imo.
Edit: just to add, not saying this thread was a perfect example of this behaviour, was just the one brought up.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 17:42]
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:44 - Dec 4 with 3696 viewsBluebell

I just had a really stupid thought.................perhaps GB has been working!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024