Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' 16:47 - Dec 4 with 4432 viewsNo9

Is it the reporters or the politicians playing games?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ireland-border-deal-uk-latest-upda
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:27 - Dec 4 with 4383 viewsBlueBadger

On the reading of it, it appears to be the DUP acting like dicks.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:32 - Dec 4 with 4378 viewsNo9

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:27 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

On the reading of it, it appears to be the DUP acting like dicks.

The DUP are supporting the tories in the English parliament.
If this means want to be treated the same way as England they have a point.
These points should have been considerd when offering the referendum on a single issue
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:35 - Dec 4 with 4376 viewsBlueBadger

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:32 - Dec 4 by No9

The DUP are supporting the tories in the English parliament.
If this means want to be treated the same way as England they have a point.
These points should have been considerd when offering the referendum on a single issue

I fail to see how 'supporting the Tories' doesn't also square with 'acting like dicks'....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:42 - Dec 4 with 4361 viewsNo9

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:35 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

I fail to see how 'supporting the Tories' doesn't also square with 'acting like dicks'....

More like the government acting like dicks taking decisoins that their partners would not agree too = incompetence
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:53 - Dec 4 with 4333 viewsbluejacko

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:42 - Dec 4 by No9

More like the government acting like dicks taking decisoins that their partners would not agree too = incompetence

I did not think i would agree with you on anything but on this one you are spot on!
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 4326 viewsvapour_trail

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:35 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

The DUP are unionists. Why on earth would they sanction a deal that weakens their position. There is no workable solution to this issue. As Gordon observed earlier, someone is going to get shafted.

Very little noise from the brexiteers on this.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 4301 viewsPinewoodblue

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:55 - Dec 4 by vapour_trail

The DUP are unionists. Why on earth would they sanction a deal that weakens their position. There is no workable solution to this issue. As Gordon observed earlier, someone is going to get shafted.

think it is May who has been shafted. Not by the DUP but by whichever of her advisors, political or otherwise( civil service for exampled) convinced her that the DUP would accept such a deal.

Thought it has always been clear that the DUP wouldn't accept a softer border between NI and the Republic than the the border between the EU & UK

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 4285 viewsHerbivore

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 18:14 - Dec 4 by Pinewoodblue

think it is May who has been shafted. Not by the DUP but by whichever of her advisors, political or otherwise( civil service for exampled) convinced her that the DUP would accept such a deal.

Thought it has always been clear that the DUP wouldn't accept a softer border between NI and the Republic than the the border between the EU & UK

Which is fair enough in many respects, however it does also highlight just how weak the PM's hand is in these negotiations and that's not good for anyone other than the EU.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 20:00 - Dec 4 with 4230 viewsJ2BLUE

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 17:55 - Dec 4 by vapour_trail

We're watching and waiting for it to be revealed that we're the ones getting shafted.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 4210 viewsgordon

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 18:14 - Dec 4 by Pinewoodblue

The story from channel 4 news was that the DUP had agreed in advance with what was being agreed. But when people began pointing out that it looked like the DUP had been shafted and Northern Ireland would be operating under different rules to the rest of the UK, possibly staying inside the customs union, the DUP panicked and Arlene Foster made a press statement saying she wasn't having that, pulling the rug from under our poor leader, Mrs May.
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 21:05 - Dec 4 with 4169 viewsPinewoodblue

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 20:26 - Dec 4 by gordon

The story from channel 4 news was that the DUP had agreed in advance with what was being agreed. But when people began pointing out that it looked like the DUP had been shafted and Northern Ireland would be operating under different rules to the rest of the UK, possibly staying inside the customs union, the DUP panicked and Arlene Foster made a press statement saying she wasn't having that, pulling the rug from under our poor leader, Mrs May.

Poor leader as in worthless.?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:03 - Dec 4 with 4117 viewsjaykay

i do not understand the border issue. apart that d.u.p. dont want what they have now. also didnt northern island vote remain. so can't see why they kicking up

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:35 - Dec 4 with 4087 viewsgiant_stow

With the massive proviso that I'm almost certainly wrong for some reason that's way over my head, I've solved this problem! Woo.

So the dup don't want any regulatory divergence 'from the rest of the UK'.. What if the rest of the UK was *all* divergent, with jockland, Wales and London also part of the ni-style customs / single market? Wouldn't that meet the dup's need both semantically and in the real world too?

Does everyone not then get what they want, with soft brexiteers free to pursue something like normality while hard maniacs can try and turn the north into some kind of tax haven economic zone? The Irish border stays soft as per today's rejected deal as do the other new borders and this flexibility keeps the union together both geographically and politically.

I'm probably laying bare my simple nature hey?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 23:39]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:40 - Dec 4 with 4079 viewsJohnTy

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:35 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

With the massive proviso that I'm almost certainly wrong for some reason that's way over my head, I've solved this problem! Woo.

So the dup don't want any regulatory divergence 'from the rest of the UK'.. What if the rest of the UK was *all* divergent, with jockland, Wales and London also part of the ni-style customs / single market? Wouldn't that meet the dup's need both semantically and in the real world too?

Does everyone not then get what they want, with soft brexiteers free to pursue something like normality while hard maniacs can try and turn the north into some kind of tax haven economic zone? The Irish border stays soft as per today's rejected deal as do the other new borders and this flexibility keeps the union together both geographically and politically.

are we going to have customs checks and controls on free movement around London then?
EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:47 - Dec 4 with 4065 viewsgiant_stow

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:40 - Dec 4 by JohnTy

are we going to have customs checks and controls on free movement around London then?

Oh wait.... There'd be a proper border in today's plan between England and ni? For some reason I had it in my mind that that would be softish too. I'll leave my posts on this to shame me away from future drunken nonsense.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 23:48]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 00:03 - Dec 5 with 4046 viewsSwansea_Blue

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:40 - Dec 4 by JohnTy

Might as well - it takes an hour to cross the M25 anyway

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 07:12 - Dec 5 with 3976 viewsBlueBadger

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:03 - Dec 4 by jaykay

i do not understand the border issue. apart that d.u.p. dont want what they have now. also didnt northern island vote remain. so can't see why they kicking up

Because they are dreadful, dreadful people.

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 07:28 - Dec 5 with 3967 viewsvapour_trail

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:03 - Dec 4 by jaykay

Because it creates difference between the province and the rest of the UK. From a unionist perspective, it undermines them. A border is created in the Irish Sea. Regardless of your views of the DUP, it’s impossible to imagine they could endorse that.

This is an issue that a minority government will not resolve satisfactorily.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 07:30 - Dec 5 with 3959 viewsSteve_M

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 20:26 - Dec 4 by gordon

Although the DUP are quite happy for divergence when it comes to such issues as gay marriage and abortion; that precedent has been well and truly set.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 08:29 - Dec 5 with 3928 viewsNo9

EU, so after all that they now say there's 'No deal' on 23:35 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

The rules for the EU are simple.
The leavers have never understood what leaving actually means
They expected the 27 other nations in the EU to change all the rules just to accommodate the UK when it left.
It is now dawning on them the other 27 don't want to do that
On top of that the UK is in the European courts for sending substandrd, illegally marked goods into the EU that means cunstoms points between the UK & EU are likely to be reinforced - if the UK caan't play by the rules when a member etc.
The politicians should have thought about the border between N.I. & the R.o.I.
The tories bribing the DUP to support them always looked a bit dodgy becaue most of N.I. voted remain

In simple terms, it's a fcuk up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024