Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21:07 - Dec 4 with 12935 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:23 - Dec 4 with 8739 viewsgiant_stow

Lovely place. I went too long ago to remember much to recommend except the obvious - Charles Bridge (I think) and the huge castle over the other side. If you're staying in the centre, might be worth venturing to the outskirts just to see the massive communist era blocks where the real folk live.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

on 21:28 - Dec 4 with 8721 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:23 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Lovely place. I went too long ago to remember much to recommend except the obvious - Charles Bridge (I think) and the huge castle over the other side. If you're staying in the centre, might be worth venturing to the outskirts just to see the massive communist era blocks where the real folk live.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:30 - Dec 4 with 8716 viewsBlueStreak

I was there last month. Fantastic city. You will have a great time.
I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 8707 viewsartsbossbeard

There's a decent walk through the park on the same side of the bridge as the castle - if you look on a map, the park I'm talking about is south of the castle.

Anyhoo, they've got a tram thing, which you can take to the top of the hill in the park and look back down on Prague centre. Lovely.

If you're facing Prague centre, look at the pathways to your left and you'll see some exits that take you down some little side roads with lovely little bars and you'll wind your way to the castle and Charles Bridge.

Not sure if it's still there but the Ice Hockey player Jaromir Jagr had a sports bar on Wenceles Square which is/was worth a visit.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 8701 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:30 - Dec 4 by BlueStreak

I was there last month. Fantastic city. You will have a great time.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 8702 viewscatch74

My sister lived there for 7 years so if you want any specific info give me a shout. Went early 90’s and then a few times since, fantastic place.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:35 - Dec 4 with 8703 viewsblueconscience

Was there last weekend. Plenty to see and do around the old town. Shame I didn’t have time to take it all in due to the reason I went.

I wanted to feel young again

[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 21:53]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

on 21:37 - Dec 4 with 8689 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:34 - Dec 4 by catch74

My sister lived there for 7 years so if you want any specific info give me a shout. Went early 90’s and then a few times since, fantastic place.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 8685 viewsstickymockwell

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:23 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

I went when we participated in the UEFA cup .

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:42 - Dec 4 with 8659 viewsgiant_stow

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:38 - Dec 4 by stickymockwell

I went when we participated in the UEFA cup .

Meanie!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 8645 viewsIllinoisblue

cough goldfingers cough

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:48 - Dec 4 with 8653 viewsfactual_blue

"I went to Prague last year with the wife, she said after two days 'Are you enjoying yourself?', I said 'Yeah, I've just paid £15 for two coffees'."

There's a Tesco in the city centre if you get bored.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:49 - Dec 4 with 8632 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:46 - Dec 4 by Illinoisblue

cough goldfingers cough

What a night!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 21:49 - Dec 4 with 8632 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:48 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

"I went to Prague last year with the wife, she said after two days 'Are you enjoying yourself?', I said 'Yeah, I've just paid £15 for two coffees'."

There's a Tesco in the city centre if you get bored.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:52 - Dec 4 with 8623 viewsfactual_blue

on 21:49 - Dec 4 by _

Micky Flanagan. The Tesco bit is my very own contribution.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:12 - Dec 4 with 8571 viewsWD19

Just sit in the main square by the funky clock and drink specialty beers and eat ice cream.

If you get bored wander around and watch folk getting their feet chewed by fish in massage parlour windows.
I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:21 - Dec 4 with 8544 viewsblueconscience

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:12 - Dec 4 by WD19

Just sit in the main square by the funky clock and drink specialty beers and eat ice cream.

If you get bored wander around and watch folk getting their feet chewed by fish in massage parlour windows.

The Chocolate beer was interesting

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:22 - Dec 4 with 8548 viewsstickymockwell

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:46 - Dec 4 by Illinoisblue

cough goldfingers cough

I went with my sister. She didn't want to go to goldfingers.
That bar in Liberic was unreal. They didn't turn the taps off

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 23:54 - Dec 4 with 8457 viewsKBsSocks

Wear posh clothes and go into posh shops:
look at the architecture of said shops.
Travel as much as possible on the Underground.
Drink Becherovka after a few good pints.
Enjoy.

Go back for longer.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 08:55 - Dec 5 with 8299 viewsGuthrum

on 21:37 - Dec 4 by _

There's a cafe one street down from the bottom end of Wenceslas Square, going towards the Old Town Square, which sells proper local food (at proper local prices).

The Charles Bridge is worth seeing any time, but Fri/Sat night especially.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 05:41 - Dec 7 with 8102 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 08:55 - Dec 5 by Guthrum

There's a cafe one street down from the bottom end of Wenceslas Square, going towards the Old Town Square, which sells proper local food (at proper local prices).

The Charles Bridge is worth seeing any time, but Fri/Sat night especially.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 06:59 - Dec 7 with 8070 viewsTractorWood

Wander, see the clock, eat and drink. Done.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 07:10 - Dec 7 with 8065 viewschicoazul

Big Sisters.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 07:20 - Dec 7 with 8055 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 07:10 - Dec 7 by chicoazul

Big Sisters.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 08:02 - Dec 7 with 8026 viewsHerbivore

Go for coffee at the Cafe Imperial (downstairs in the Hotel Imperial), the interior is out of this world and you get a free doughnut. There are also occasional doughnut fights, although sadly I didn't see any myself.

There's a hill to the East of Prague with a big old communist era monument on it, I think it might be a mausoleum. It's impressive in itself but also offers a great and different view of the city to the other hill by the castle.

I'd avoid drinking on the main squares, it's generally a bit of a rip off and you only have to go one or two streets away to find better and cheaper places to go.

It's a great city to just walk around to be honest, but the metro is worth a go too as someone else mentioned.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024