Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take back Control plan F 14:36 - Dec 5 with 4822 viewsgordon

We're now planning to implement regulations from the EU, while having no say at all in the drafting of said regulations.

Not one of our better brexit ideas. Wonder what the plan will be tomorrow.
Take back Control plan F on 14:38 - Dec 5 with 4312 viewshype313

All together now "Theresa May's strong and stable"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Take back Control plan F on 14:48 - Dec 5 with 4297 viewsSwansea_Blue

On the plus side this is all superb source material for satirists

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take back Control plan F on 14:55 - Dec 5 with 4291 viewsStokieBlue

Totally stupid unless your objective is to have a brexit which is exactly the same as everything was before brexit.

In that case it's inspired.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Take back Control plan F on 14:56 - Dec 5 with 4284 viewsfactual_blue

As there haven't been plans A, B, C, D, or E, Plan F is unlikely to exist either.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Take back Control plan F on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 4278 viewsSwansea_Blue

His statement today doesn't make any sense.

"The presumption of the discussion was that everything we talked about applied to the whole United Kingdom. I re-iterate: alignment isn’t harmonisation, it isn’t having exactly the same rules. It is sometimes having mutually recognised rules, mutually recognised inspection, all of that sort of thing as well. And that is what we are aiming for."

But the NI deal was being talked about in terms of an economic alignment, with access to the single market, which would require having the same rules.

Take back Control plan F on 15:04 - Dec 5 with 4271 viewsStirlingArcher

Take back Control plan F on 14:48 - Dec 5 by Swansea_Blue

On the plus side this is all superb source material for satirists

unlike the rest of Brexit and everything Theresa May and her government have done since she's been in power you mean? ;)
Take back Control plan F on 15:05 - Dec 5 with 4263 viewsSwansea_Blue

Take back Control plan F on 15:04 - Dec 5 by StirlingArcher

unlike the rest of Brexit and everything Theresa May and her government have done since she's been in power you mean? ;)

Fair point!

Take back Control plan F on 15:05 - Dec 5 with 4265 viewscaught-in-limbo

Take back Control plan F on 14:55 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

Totally stupid unless your objective is to have a brexit which is exactly the same as everything was before brexit.

In that case it's inspired.

SB

Here is my post from July 5th:

"Putty Brexit - The solution to Brexit.

(It won't please everybody, but it will satisfy at least 75% of the population)

The Government, after lengthy negotiations with all manner of heads of state, should declare that Brexit is going ahead and it'll be called "Putty Brexit".

The mainstream press should report it at length with lots of tables and graphs no one will ever read let alone understand - the underlying message will be that it is the best form of Brexit for Britain - it will be hailed a triumph of democracy.

"Putty Brexit" will be interpreted by the ignorant electorate in either of two ways:
a) somewhere between hard Brexit and soft Brexit, or
b) Soft at first, but becoming rock hard over time.

In reality, nothing will have changed which will please the remainers. And half the Brexiteers will be happy because the news will report that it's a masterstroke of political manoeuvring, cost-saving and democracy."

Guardian: Is Brexit an error? Now even Vote Leave’s chief is having doubts by giant_stow 5 Jul 2017 15:13
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/brexit-error-vote-leave-dominic-cummings

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/879666084739256320

Any thoughts on this Brexiters? Not looking for a bust up - just wondering....

Are people beginning to catch on now?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Take back Control plan F on 15:08 - Dec 5 with 4254 viewsStokieBlue

Take back Control plan F on 15:05 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

The Government, after lengthy negotiations with all manner of heads of state, should declare that Brexit is going ahead and it'll be called "Putty Brexit".

The mainstream press should report it at length with lots of tables and graphs no one will ever read let alone understand - the underlying message will be that it is the best form of Brexit for Britain - it will be hailed a triumph of democracy.

"Putty Brexit" will be interpreted by the ignorant electorate in either of two ways:

In reality, nothing will have changed which will please the remainers. And half the Brexiteers will be happy because the news will report that it's a masterstroke of political manoeuvring, cost-saving and democracy."

Guardian: Is Brexit an error? Now even Vote Leave’s chief is having doubts by giant_stow 5 Jul 2017 15:13
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/brexit-error-vote-leave-dominic-cummings

We know you said that, you take every opportunity to tell us.

Many people have said brexit will look pretty much like no brexit.

SB

Take back Control plan F on 15:11 - Dec 5 with 4249 viewsfactual_blue

Take back Control plan F on 15:01 - Dec 5 by Swansea_Blue

His statement today doesn't make any sense.

"The presumption of the discussion was that everything we talked about applied to the whole United Kingdom. I re-iterate: alignment isn’t harmonisation, it isn’t having exactly the same rules. It is sometimes having mutually recognised rules, mutually recognised inspection, all of that sort of thing as well. And that is what we are aiming for."

But the NI deal was being talked about in terms of an economic alignment, with access to the single market, which would require having the same rules.

Send the DUP woman and her Shankill Butcher mates into do the negotiations. After all, it seems their views are all that matters.

Tail. Dog.

Take back Control plan F on 15:15 - Dec 5 with 4235 viewsgordon

I wouldn't congratulate yourself too much just yet!
Take back Control plan F on 15:16 - Dec 5 with 4229 viewsfactual_blue

Take back Control plan F on 15:04 - Dec 5 by StirlingArcher

Their work to improve social mobility is without equal, and the Social Mobility Board has decided it's work is done.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 15:20]

Take back Control plan F on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 4219 viewsBrianTablet

Hoof Brexit long, Chambo?

Run Brexit into the corners until March 2019, Searsie?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Take back Control plan F on 15:22 - Dec 5 with 4206 viewsunstableblue

What's wrong with 99.5% of EU regulation anyway?!?!

Or are we focusing on the 'straight cucumbers' type stories, as would scum Farage.

Basically most EU regulations are good for us, we live in a small densely packed continent, and we need to start sharing responsibility for it, not going all isolationist mentalism.

I think the awful truth of plastic in our seas, is just yet another example of the world needing to come together and share legislation and the burden. Not Trumpesque climate deinal bollox.

Brexit is unravelling, and I love how the Leave Campaign made light of issues such as Northern Ireland.

The economy will tank in approximately 6 months, and it will tank BIG. Uncertaintly means zero investment, plus our job market is a mes.s.

etc etc etc etc rant rant.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Take back Control plan F on 15:48 - Dec 5 with 4158 viewscaught-in-limbo

Take back Control plan F on 15:15 - Dec 5 by gordon

I wouldn't congratulate yourself too much just yet!

I'm sure no one will congratulate me at all even when I am right.

But it's not about being right. It's about people not understanding the forces behind our democracy and the people who head up the EU parliament.

The masses hand their thinking over to the minds of their favourite rags and their national TV broadcaster.

Most people feel the need to hold a majority opinion, and they relish the shouting down, the ridiculing and falsely labelling any dissenters. The mass media plays to this and the masses are the victims having played along to the ridiculous narratives which our politicians have fed to the media to pass on to us.

Of course people will never acknowledge they were fooled and the media certainly won't entertain the idea of telling us.

It's very sad.

#toxic

Take back Control plan F on 15:52 - Dec 5 with 4150 viewscaught-in-limbo

Take back Control plan F on 15:08 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

We know you said that, you take every opportunity to tell us.

Many people have said brexit will look pretty much like no brexit.

SB

I'd love to know which newspapers have described brexit as "no brexit" and when they started to call it such.

A good "free press" from a credible democracy would have been highlighting the glaring inconsistencies of Brexit from the moment campaigning began.

#toxic

Take back Control plan F on 15:54 - Dec 5 with 4149 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Was that before or after your prediction that Brexit wouldn’t actually happen at all?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Take back Control plan F on 15:56 - Dec 5 with 4144 viewscaught-in-limbo

Take back Control plan F on 15:54 - Dec 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was that before or after your prediction that Brexit wouldn’t actually happen at all?

I have always maintained that Brexit wouldn't happen regardless of the result of the referendum.

#toxic

Take back Control plan F on 16:15 - Dec 5 with 4125 viewsBlueBadger

In the meantime, I see that Facters has been topping up his pension by doing some moonlighting at the FO.
http://www.thejournal.ie/boris-johnson-irish-officials-told-to-ignore-3725689-No

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Take back Control plan F on 16:15 - Dec 5 with 4131 viewsStokieBlue

Take back Control plan F on 15:22 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

What's wrong with 99.5% of EU regulation anyway?!?!

Or are we focusing on the 'straight cucumbers' type stories, as would scum Farage.

Basically most EU regulations are good for us, we live in a small densely packed continent, and we need to start sharing responsibility for it, not going all isolationist mentalism.

I think the awful truth of plastic in our seas, is just yet another example of the world needing to come together and share legislation and the burden. Not Trumpesque climate deinal bollox.

Brexit is unravelling, and I love how the Leave Campaign made light of issues such as Northern Ireland.

The economy will tank in approximately 6 months, and it will tank BIG. Uncertaintly means zero investment, plus our job market is a mes.s.

etc etc etc etc rant rant.

"The economy will tank in approximately 6 months, and it will tank BIG. Uncertainty means zero investment, plus our job market is a mes.s."

A Labour government also means less (not zero but a lot less) investment according to the IFS and MS. McDonnells re-appropriation of industrial at whatever cost he decides will also stall any investment.

So what do we do? Investment is screwed with uncertainty, we are likely all screwed with Brexit, investment is screwed under Labour and the Tories are unable to effectively govern in any sensible manner.

Desperate times.

SB

Take back Control plan F on 16:17 - Dec 5 with 4119 viewsblue_oyster

Take back Control plan F on 15:56 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

I have always maintained that Brexit wouldn't happen regardless of the result of the referendum.

You might be right. But I think it is more likely we will remain in the EEA as the only comprimise, which was my prediction.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Take back Control plan F on 16:19 - Dec 5 with 4117 viewsBlueBadger

Take back Control plan F on 15:11 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

Send the DUP woman and her Shankill Butcher mates into do the negotiations. After all, it seems their views are all that matters.

Tail. Dog.

I liked the bit where they insisted they should have all the same post-Brexit laws as the rest of the UK apart that whole access to abortions and gay rights stuff.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Take back Control plan F on 16:45 - Dec 5 with 4066 viewsfactual_blue

Take back Control plan F on 16:19 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

I liked the bit where they insisted they should have all the same post-Brexit laws as the rest of the UK apart that whole access to abortions and gay rights stuff.

These are views the Vatican would be proud of.

Oh...

Take back Control plan F on 16:46 - Dec 5 with 4061 viewsfactual_blue

Take back Control plan F on 16:15 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

In the meantime, I see that Facters has been topping up his pension by doing some moonlighting at the FO.
http://www.thejournal.ie/boris-johnson-irish-officials-told-to-ignore-3725689-No

I'm surprised anybody needs to be told to ignore him.

Take back Control plan F on 16:51 - Dec 5 with 4048 viewsfactual_blue

Take back Control plan F on 16:46 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

I'm surprised anybody needs to be told to ignore him.

And for future reference, it's a solid gold pension with an iridium damascene filigree overlay.

Thank you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024