Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Clattenburgs comments 15:10 - Dec 5 with 2152 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone seen them?

Said he went into that Spurs Chelsea match when Leicester won the title with a game plan to not send any Spurs player off. So that if Spurs lost and therefore could no longer win the title, the headlines wouldn't be 'Clattenburg costs Spurs the title'.

He said that on a normal day, he'd have sent three Spurs players off. I remember watching the game at the time and thinking that Spurs were just intent in kicking Chelsea to bits. 9 yellows they got that day.

But with him saying that he was never gonna send one off and had a 'gameplan' surely that's an issue? Say Spurs had won that game and then the league, is that not deliberate cheating and could have cost Leicester the league.

If he hadn't moved to Saudi Arabia, I reckon he'd be getting into trouble for his comments and that performance.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 15:20 - Dec 5 with 2118 viewsmonty_radio

Is he perhaps dressing up what actually went on in his mind to grab a headline? I wonder if rather, he went there knowing that things had potential to combust and made a mental note not to flash a red at an early stage. Then, when the players themselves unravelled before his eyes, he determined to keep the red in his pocket for as long as was debatably possible so that he himself couldn't be fingered for Spurs failure.

To make it sound like a premeditated plan was sure to sound more arresting for an attention-seeking headline, and was calculated get ex-referees' backs up, as of course, it has. Does he have a book to sell soon?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 16:16 - Dec 5 with 2010 viewsStokieBlue

"Say Spurs had won that game and then the league".

They didn't so I wouldn't worry too much about it. He's looking for publicity, just ignore him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 17:11 - Dec 5 with 1927 viewschicoazul

What do you expect from a man his age who sports that haircut and fake tan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 17:47 - Dec 5 with 1860 viewsmonty_radio

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 17:11 - Dec 5 by chicoazul

What do you expect from a man his age who sports that haircut and fake tan.

Is the panel qualified to assess whether a tan is fake, or not?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 18:15 - Dec 5 with 1825 viewsEastTownBlue

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 17:47 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

Is the panel qualified to assess whether a tan is fake, or not?

The tan is certainly less likely to be fake than the hair.
Mark Clattenburgs comments on 18:23 - Dec 5 with 1800 viewsBackToRussia

Mark Clattenburgs comments on 15:20 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

Is he perhaps dressing up what actually went on in his mind to grab a headline? I wonder if rather, he went there knowing that things had potential to combust and made a mental note not to flash a red at an early stage. Then, when the players themselves unravelled before his eyes, he determined to keep the red in his pocket for as long as was debatably possible so that he himself couldn't be fingered for Spurs failure.

To make it sound like a premeditated plan was sure to sound more arresting for an attention-seeking headline, and was calculated get ex-referees' backs up, as of course, it has. Does he have a book to sell soon?

Spot on. He's just an egotist. I think what Clattenburg did, all refs do, in a conscious or unconscious way - it's just he is coming out to make it all about him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024