Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Planet 2 20:26 - Dec 5 with 2096 viewsJohnny_Boy

Just got around to watching it. Jaw-dropping photography. Mind totally blown with some of those shots they were somehow able to capture. The sea-lions all teaming-up to get the yellow tailed tuna was just an incredible spectacle - with the overhead drone pictures.
Blue Planet 2 on 20:48 - Dec 5 with 2070 viewsRyorry

Thank Nature ('god' is so 20th C!) for a likeable thread - welcome relief!

Yes, brilliant isn't it. Have you seen the "Dolphins meet Whales" ep yet? Squeaky bum time that was! I enjoy the 10 mins on the making of it as much as the actual prgramme - wondrous stuff.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blue Planet 2 on 21:08 - Dec 5 with 2055 viewsJohnny_Boy

Blue Planet 2 on 20:48 - Dec 5 by Ryorry

Thank Nature ('god' is so 20th C!) for a likeable thread - welcome relief!

Yes, brilliant isn't it. Have you seen the "Dolphins meet Whales" ep yet? Squeaky bum time that was! I enjoy the 10 mins on the making of it as much as the actual prgramme - wondrous stuff.

It's one of those programs - along with Planet Earth 2 - you can only fully enjoy watching it if you have a whacking great HD TV. Each shot more beautiful than the last. A 10min piece on the pack of dolphins chasing after a bait ball of fish took 2yrs to film, because El Niño hit 2 days after they'd taken the original film. Unreal.

Seeing all those animals trapped in floating plastic debris - and as a filming spectator, you aren't really supposed to interfere. That must be one of the hardest jobs.
David Attenborough's voice on 21:14 - Dec 5 with 2045 viewsPendejo

Blue Planet 2 on 21:08 - Dec 5 by Johnny_Boy

It's one of those programs - along with Planet Earth 2 - you can only fully enjoy watching it if you have a whacking great HD TV. Each shot more beautiful than the last. A 10min piece on the pack of dolphins chasing after a bait ball of fish took 2yrs to film, because El Niño hit 2 days after they'd taken the original film. Unreal.

Seeing all those animals trapped in floating plastic debris - and as a filming spectator, you aren't really supposed to interfere. That must be one of the hardest jobs.

A colleague maintains his voice is so authoritative and soothing that if he described paint dry it would be both interesting and relaxing

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Blue Planet 2 on 07:23 - Dec 6 with 1927 viewsSteve_M

I've found that most of this series I've wanted to watch a second time because there is just too much information to take in and think about the first time.

Agree on the HDTV point, I definitely feel the need to upgrade mine watching it!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blue Planet 2 on 07:36 - Dec 6 with 1920 viewsSaleAway

Its so good. Finally persuaded the wife that it was worth her time, she's not usually into nature documentaries, but she's completely absorbed. The stuff they have found, and the patience, time and money needed to film it is beyond belief.

I bought an HD projector a few months ago, and blasted up to a 7 foot image, its absolutely stunning.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Blue Planet 2 on 08:31 - Dec 6 with 1891 viewschristiand

Blue Planet 2 on 21:08 - Dec 5 by Johnny_Boy

Find I'm reminding my wife and kids which bag is for what for recycling. Blue Planet is a terrific watch and so well put together by the BBC!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Blue Planet 2 on 12:51 - Dec 6 with 1852 viewsPortwoman

Check out the Wildlife Cameramen programme on BBC2 Mondays at 7.30 (series of 3, I think, started last Monday). Shows a lot of stuff done on David Attenborough's documentaries. These guys are truly amazing - or weird, not sure which!
Blue Planet 2 on 13:26 - Dec 6 with 1833 viewsDeano69

Its brilliant. I really love the last bit of the programme explaining who and how it was filmed.

Shove that up your a*** Sky!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024