Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BA by any other name 10:00 - Dec 8 with 2653 viewsNo9

Racism ? Apartheid?
Where will this go?
Should black passengers be downgraded to make way for white?

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/black-motion-passengers-flig
BA by any other name on 10:02 - Dec 8 with 2636 viewsunbelievablue

“We were told they can’t risk to fly us as they are avoiding 9/11. In their eyes we are terrorists the captain said indirectly,” the post continued.

I reckon there's two sides to this one, as that sounds ridiculous.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

BA by any other name on 10:12 - Dec 8 with 2613 viewsNo9

BA by any other name on 10:02 - Dec 8 by unbelievablue

“We were told they can’t risk to fly us as they are avoiding 9/11. In their eyes we are terrorists the captain said indirectly,” the post continued.

White lady complaining about a broken seat does sound a bit much however, the are a sub contractor to BA that explains a lot
BA by any other name on 10:14 - Dec 8 with 2606 viewsunbelievablue

BA by any other name on 10:12 - Dec 8 by No9

White lady complaining about a broken seat does sound a bit much however, the are a sub contractor to BA that explains a lot

BA are going downhill though. My flight to Athens was crap. Iceland Air however are a treat. WiFi, loads of leg room, sexy blondes and a USB charge port.

BA by any other name on 10:17 - Dec 8 with 2600 viewsNo9

BA by any other name on 10:14 - Dec 8 by unbelievablue

BA are going downhill though. My flight to Athens was crap. Iceland Air however are a treat. WiFi, loads of leg room, sexy blondes and a USB charge port.

Most European airlines are streets ahead of BA although BA are OK in first class if effing expensive
BA by any other name on 10:18 - Dec 8 with 2600 viewsStokieBlue

"captain said indirectly".

So he didn't actually say it at all, it's what they wanted to hear.

Does look like a ridiculous decision from Comair though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

BA by any other name on 10:19 - Dec 8 with 2594 viewsStokieBlue

Short haul BA is just Easyjet now but more expensive. No free baggage, no free food.

Rubbish really.

SB

BA by any other name on 10:34 - Dec 8 with 2570 viewsElderGrizzly

BA by any other name on 10:18 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

SB

This happens all the time, normally just hidden from view as it is done before passengers board, or even arrive at the airport. Doing it on the plane is pretty rare.

Comair are a sh!tshow though, but probably the safest airline to fly in Southern Africa with.

Also, not really BA. Literally just use their name as a Franchisee and are really a low cost carrier called Kulula who also operate under their own brand

Business class is literally a bit of cloth on the back of the seat, nothing more.
BA by any other name on 10:39 - Dec 8 with 2550 viewsNo9

BA by any other name on 10:34 - Dec 8 by ElderGrizzly

This happens all the time, normally just hidden from view as it is done before passengers board, or even arrive at the airport. Doing it on the plane is pretty rare.

Comair are a sh!tshow though, but probably the safest airline to fly in Southern Africa with.

Also, not really BA. Literally just use their name as a Franchisee and are really a low cost carrier called Kulula who also operate under their own brand

Business class is literally a bit of cloth on the back of the seat, nothing more.

Shouldn't BA be more careful who they select as partners or subcontractors?
Login to get fewer ads

BA by any other name on 10:42 - Dec 8 with 2543 viewsStokieBlue

BA by any other name on 10:39 - Dec 8 by No9

Shouldn't BA be more careful who they select as partners or subcontractors?

Not sure it matters when you are merged with Iberia, without a doubt the worst long haul airline I've ever been on (and far from alone in that opinion).

SB

BA by any other name on 10:44 - Dec 8 with 2540 viewsNo9

BA by any other name on 10:42 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

Not sure it matters when you are merged with Iberia, without a doubt the worst long haul airline I've ever been on (and far from alone in that opinion).

SB

Yes I suppose as Willie Walsh is the chairman of the group they get who they are given?
I have never flown Iberia LH but in Europe they have always been good when I have beeen on their flights - much better than BA
BA by any other name on 11:41 - Dec 8 with 2484 viewsLord_Lucan

BA by any other name on 10:18 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

SB

The whole story reads like a crock of sh1te to me.

Nothing to see.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BA by any other name on 12:49 - Dec 8 with 2419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed, sounds like its been over simplified and they have tagged it racism when they may not have been the case.

Could have been handled better.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

BA by any other name on 13:17 - Dec 8 with 2378 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree on Iceland Air. We use them for States trips, often with a cheeky stopover in Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon. The blondes are quite sexy, even some of the women.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BA by any other name on 13:24 - Dec 8 with 2363 viewsblue_oyster

If you read the article, you can see it's nothing to do with racism. If there are actual cases of racism reported, it's very hard to filter them out of all the noise of people complaining, such as this one.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

BA by any other name on 14:46 - Dec 8 with 2324 viewsunbelievablue

BA by any other name on 13:17 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Agree on Iceland Air. We use them for States trips, often with a cheeky stopover in Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon. The blondes are quite sexy, even some of the women.

The beer in Reykjavik airport is really nice. Iceland will be my first trip of next year (Skiing in France aside).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024