Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couldn't work out what to eat last night. 15:23 - Dec 8 with 8138 viewsLord_Lucan

Fancied Peri Peri chicken but Ipswich is poorly served in the Peri Peri area and Nandos don't deliver so I had a Mizu

I don't think there is a tastier and fresher delivery option anywhere for the price, it is always spot on.

Family Lucan all had a main and RKD and I ordered an extra Curry Mee but couldn't eat it. We split it into two bowls for later consumption and the portion would actually serve two as a main meal.

If you haven't had Curry Mee from Mizu TWTDers then get yourself in gear - it is phenomenal - a curried noodle soup with meats and veg.

I'm just about to eat mine now.

Super stuff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:41 - Dec 8 with 5831 viewsJakeITFC

I’d agree with that - it’s like a cheaper, nicer, larger-portion-sized Wagamama.
Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:44 - Dec 8 with 5825 viewsunbelievablue

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:41 - Dec 8 by JakeITFC

I’d agree with that - it’s like a cheaper, nicer, larger-portion-sized Wagamama.

Where is it? Does it serve booze?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:48 - Dec 8 with 5810 viewsSpruceMoose

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:44 - Dec 8 by unbelievablue

Cornhill. Next to where the Golden Lion was. It does indeed serve booze.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:51 - Dec 8 with 5802 viewsunbelievablue

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:48 - Dec 8 by SpruceMoose

Cornhill. Next to where the Golden Lion was. It does indeed serve booze.

@JJJJ / @WarkTheWark - Sat 22nd for that lunch?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 with 5798 viewsLord_Lucan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:44 - Dec 8 by unbelievablue

Can't believe you haven't been there, it's not exactly new!

Next to Mannings (Golden Lion), It's owned by Aqua 8 but IMHO far tastier and a fraction of the price.

Yes to beer

I know everyone has personal tastes but for me the crispy stir fried pork and the curry mee are positively addictive. If you went into a top restaurant and paid £30+ for one of those curry mee things you would think it a fantastic meal for a great price.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 with 5799 viewsartsbossbeard

I ate here last evening:

http://www.amigosbury.com/

Decent food, I thought. Lots of it and I nowhere near finished mine. Free tequila shots too.

The seriously spicy Gazza Wings starter were seriously spicy and are still causing disturbances in the force now.

7.879898/10

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:55 - Dec 8 with 5789 viewshype313

Not tried the place on Whersted Road?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:55 - Dec 8 with 5786 viewsunbelievablue

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Next to Mannings (Golden Lion), It's owned by Aqua 8 but IMHO far tastier and a fraction of the price.

Yes to beer

I know everyone has personal tastes but for me the crispy stir fried pork and the curry mee are positively addictive. If you went into a top restaurant and paid £30+ for one of those curry mee things you would think it a fantastic meal for a great price.

How new? I've been in Ipswich town centre perhaps three times this year.

Login to get fewer ads

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:57 - Dec 8 with 5782 viewsartsbossbeard

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:55 - Dec 8 by hype313

Not tried the place on Whersted Road?

Aroma?

Really good food from there and they deliver too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:57 - Dec 8 with 5778 viewsLord_Lucan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 by artsbossbeard

I ate here last evening:

Decent food, I thought. Lots of it and I nowhere near finished mine. Free tequila shots too.

The seriously spicy Gazza Wings starter were seriously spicy and are still causing disturbances in the force now.

7.879898/10

That doesn't look like a chain - surprised you went in.

I'm not really a fan of Mexican food, glad you had a good evening though - although to be fair your spice tolerance isn't the greatest is it.

Did NC quibble the tip?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:58 - Dec 8 with 5775 viewsitfcjoe

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Yes to beer

Mizu Combo Noodles is still the best

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:58 - Dec 8 with 5769 viewsitfcjoe

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:55 - Dec 8 by unbelievablue

About 15 years old......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:58 - Dec 8 with 5768 viewsSpruceMoose

About a decade at least.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:00 - Dec 8 with 5766 viewsLord_Lucan

It's been there for years.

There is one in Brentwood as well on the A12 / M25 junction where BK used to be - although the Ipswich one is better.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:00 - Dec 8 with 5762 viewsunbelievablue

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:58 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

About 15 years old......

Oh, well I look a tit now.

My palette used to be dreadful to be frank, so I probably avoided it.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 16:02]

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:01 - Dec 8 with 5762 viewshype313

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:57 - Dec 8 by artsbossbeard

Aroma?

Really good food from there and they deliver too.

Papa's Piri Piri

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 5751 viewsartsbossbeard

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:01 - Dec 8 by hype313

Papa's Piri Piri

Gotcha.

Don't think they deliver.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:10 - Dec 8 with 5733 viewsLord_Lucan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:01 - Dec 8 by hype313

Papa's Piri Piri

I am never that way when they are open otherwise I would pop in, it looks rather homely. Their delivery reviews are worse than woeful though - 2 hour + waits, cold / wrong food, surly attitude etc.

Have you either eaten in or had a delivery from there?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:11 - Dec 8 with 5728 viewshype313

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:10 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

I am never that way when they are open otherwise I would pop in, it looks rather homely. Their delivery reviews are worse than woeful though - 2 hour + waits, cold / wrong food, surly attitude etc.

Have you either eaten in or had a delivery from there?

I've only eaten in there, not had delivered, but it's very tasty and if you like big portions you won't go hungry, lovely food and people too.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:21 - Dec 8 with 5712 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:53 - Dec 8 by artsbossbeard

I ate here last evening:

7.879898/10

Big fan of Amigos - at the front door it looks like the venue for a 10 year olds birthday party but the restaurant itself is fine and the food very good. This poster recommends the Chicken Mole Poblano very highly

Chilli beer, tequila and good selection of cocktails too which isn’t to be sniffed at either. Just need to get rid of the cheesy sombreros and it would be spot on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:30 - Dec 8 with 5692 viewsartsbossbeard

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 15:57 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

That doesn't look like a chain - surprised you went in.

I'm not really a fan of Mexican food, glad you had a good evening though - although to be fair your spice tolerance isn't the greatest is it.

Did NC quibble the tip?

Ha!

No, I called it plus also we had one of my high roller ex school mates with us too, so nobody wanted to look a tight ar5e. There was no quibbling.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:41 - Dec 8 with 5672 viewsLord_Lucan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:30 - Dec 8 by artsbossbeard

Ha!

No, I called it plus also we had one of my high roller ex school mates with us too, so nobody wanted to look a tight ar5e. There was no quibbling.

You, NC and a high roller ex school mate?

Mmmmm

The gravy train thickens.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:46 - Dec 8 with 5662 viewsartsbossbeard

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:41 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

You, NC and a high roller ex school mate?

Mmmmm

The gravy train thickens.

Ex Nacton Heath like myself who heads up a mahussive multi-national company and his house backs onto Ascot racecourse.

I've a funny story about him that involves a team bonding evening, alcohol, claims of sexual harassment, court case & him being re-deployed to the Amsterdam office.

Remind me next time we're out.

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 5656 viewsLord_Lucan

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:46 - Dec 8 by artsbossbeard

Ex Nacton Heath like myself who heads up a mahussive multi-national company and his house backs onto Ascot racecourse.

I've a funny story about him that involves a team bonding evening, alcohol, claims of sexual harassment, court case & him being re-deployed to the Amsterdam office.

Remind me next time we're out.

Is he my ex neighbour at no 30?

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:54 - Dec 8 with 5642 viewsartsbossbeard

Couldn't work out what to eat last night. on 16:47 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Is he my ex neighbour at no 30?

No, but he did used to live in the same road on the same side but much further to the left if you're looking into JR's bedroom direction from yours.

No 30 is also ex Nacton Heath and currently an MD for a large company too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024