Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5x people types that I'll never get on with 09:14 - Dec 9 with 26586 viewsartsbossbeard

1. People, who on entering a bar, grab themselves a beer without offering other parties members a drink "I could see from the bar you had over a half pint left".
2. People who don't like sport. I can understand footy but not all sports.
3. People who fully valet their cars every weekend.
4. People who wear black shoes with jeans.
5. People with tattoos above the neck line.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 14:56 - Dec 9 with 3479 viewsBiGDonnie

1/5

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:07 - Dec 9 with 3466 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 09:27 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

Face or neck?

I'd still buy you a beer though. Probably.

You probably know each other.

GTSB used to know Nick.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 15:08]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:35 - Dec 9 with 3445 viewslloydy84

Is number 1 bad really? I always do this, don't consider myself to be tight, generally always put the most money in for birthday / leaving collections at work etc.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:38 - Dec 9 with 3441 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:35 - Dec 9 by lloydy84

Is number 1 bad really? I always do this, don't consider myself to be tight, generally always put the most money in for birthday / leaving collections at work etc.

It’s very bad form.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:45 - Dec 9 with 3437 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 11:17 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

1) People who preach vegetarianism/veganism.

2) People who, no matter how packed the train is, can't survive without pulling out a Bl00dy massive book for 15 minutes.

3) People who take their whole weekly shop to the self service checkout AND don't let you then go in front even if you only have a packet of barstard donuts and a poxy packet of cookies. Inconsiderate ARSEH0LES

Haven't got a problem with any of these.

1. People can talk to me about the benefits of those if they want. Then I'll go and have a steak.

2. How big IS this book? And how often has this been a problem for you? Reading should be encouraged, even if it's for 15 minutes.

3. If someone offers to let me in front, I'm delighted (happened to me the other day). But they're not obliged to. Again, how often is this actually a problem? Someone's not an ARSEHOLE just for minding their own business doing their shopping and not noticing you buying crap.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:46 - Dec 9 with 3437 viewsbrogansnose

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:35 - Dec 9 by lloydy84

Yes, its a gross breach of pub / bar etiquette. Always give the person who is in the place first the option of refusing the offer.

No one knows if and how much you put into collections but the world knows about this serious offence and you just look tight.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:50 - Dec 9 with 3431 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 12:07 - Dec 9 by BlueBadger

Nonsense, there's 10. Those that understand how binary works and those that don't.

That joke's been posted on here 101 times.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:52 - Dec 9 with 3419 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 12:20 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

People that put their bags on the train seat beside them in the hope that you go and sit elsewhere. Has your bag paid for a ticket you discourteous, ignorant, selfish mofo ?

I'll put my bag on the seat next to me if there's loads of other seats and will happily move it if someone heads toward said seat. What's discourteous, ignorant and selfish?

Login to get fewer ads

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 3416 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:45 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

1. People can talk to me about the benefits of those if they want. Then I'll go and have a steak.

2. How big IS this book? And how often has this been a problem for you? Reading should be encouraged, even if it's for 15 minutes.

3. If someone offers to let me in front, I'm delighted (happened to me the other day). But they're not obliged to. Again, how often is this actually a problem? Someone's not an ARSEHOLE just for minding their own business doing their shopping and not noticing you buying crap.

7/ People who wear backpacks on the tube.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 3416 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:45 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

1) Naaa some people preach at every oppprtunity.

2) it's a packed train. Only a kn0b would get a book out.

3) It's a self service checkout. Maximum 10 items. And yet some decide to bring a bloody trolley full.

I've just thought of my number 4... those kn0bheads who clap when the plane lands.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:56 - Dec 9 with 3409 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

3) It's a self service checkout. Maximum 10 items. And yet some decide to bring a bloody trolley full.

I've just thought of my number 4... those kn0bheads who clap when the plane lands.

4/ You mean Americans?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:59 - Dec 9 with 3401 viewsSarge

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:50 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

That joke's been posted on here 101 times.

Nah I've seen it on here way more than 5 times.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:59 - Dec 9 with 3400 viewsnoggin

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Women (usually) who wait until the all items are scanned, and the cashier has stated the price, before they start looking in their bags for their purse. They then often count all their loose change to see if it helps.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:03 - Dec 9 with 3387 viewsReuser_is_God

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 09:34 - Dec 9 by m14_blue

6. People who go on a night out or away day and actually keep track on who owes who money for rounds etc... life's too short.

People who don’t stand their round are also annoying.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 16:03]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:13 - Dec 9 with 3359 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:59 - Dec 9 by noggin

Women (usually) who wait until the all items are scanned, and the cashier has stated the price, before they start looking in their bags for their purse. They then often count all their loose change to see if it helps.

I was coming back from The Dam with ABB once and we stupidly had decided to come back on the train rather than the perfectly serviceable boat with a bar and a bed - I confess this may have been my idea.

Lets just say we had had a heavy couple of nights and we boarded the train (not knowing what we were letting ourselves in for) at Amsterdam. I then realised that we had to change trains somewhere in Belgium and go through border control so I had to whack down a load of narcotics in a hurry that I thought were going to last until UK.

The train change was a nightmare but eventually we arrived at St Panc but had no forwarding tickets.

What then happened was I swear one of the worst episodes of my life. We were in the train ticket queue from hell and EVERY TIME some idiot finally got round to operating the machine they then had to get their wallet out and open about 20 compartments before finding their card.

Is it not beyond the wit of man to realise that you will need your card and get it ready?

Oh, finally. We had tickets booked for the 19.30 out of Liverpool St but we were in such a torrid state that we got the 18.30 - only to be fined by The Stasi for being on the wrong train.

Gravy train ABB paid, I was not capable of communication.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 16:15]

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:13 - Dec 9 with 3359 viewsgreyhound

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

People who dive in front of you to get on the tube or train first when they were standing no where near the bl00dy doors. They often ignore the rule about the yellow line and have suitcases and/or shopping trolleys to batter you out the way with. Anyone using the Cambridge to Ipswich service will know this pain.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:14 - Dec 9 with 3353 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:46 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

Yes, its a gross breach of pub / bar etiquette. Always give the person who is in the place first the option of refusing the offer.

No one knows if and how much you put into collections but the world knows about this serious offence and you just look tight.

Indeed. I always offer... and if they've got half a pint I'll usually say, "C'mon, you're nearly done!"

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:16 - Dec 9 with 3341 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:53 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Which kind of bag is acceptable?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 3332 viewsBrixtonBlue

If it's 10 items max then I agree. Also agree on the plane clappers.

Don't see how a book's bothering you, unless they shove it in your face.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 3330 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:16 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Which kind of bag is acceptable?

Backpacks are acceptable as long as they are hand held for the tube operation.

I quite like you Dollers but if you think otherwise then you are a muppet.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:20 - Dec 9 with 3319 viewsbrogansnose

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 15:52 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

I'll put my bag on the seat next to me if there's loads of other seats and will happily move it if someone heads toward said seat. What's discourteous, ignorant and selfish?

If there are loads of spare seats, fair do's but I'm talking about those who are clearly aware that lots of people are getting on and seats are limited but leave their bag on the seat and do a hard stare out of the window so that you have to ask them 'is somebody sitting here ?' I just find that discourteous and selfish. The difference here is that you're clearly being open to moving it for someone whereas others are trying to subliminally giving out the signal don't sit next to me and 'protect their space'.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:20 - Dec 9 with 3320 viewsJ2BLUE

1. People who fold up the new plastic notes and make them really irritating for everyone else down the line.
2. Arrogant people who think they are above everyone else
3. People who sit right in the middle of the road when it splits into two lanes blocking everyone behind them due to their own stupidity.
4. People who think it's funny to be thick and play up to it
5. People who let their kids run riot and don't care what they are up to as long as they are away from them.

Bonus: Retired people who go to supermarkets at weekends and get in everyone else's way by moving around at about 0.1 MPH.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:20 - Dec 9 with 3320 viewsnoggin

English football fans who try to copy European ultras. Leave it to the Germans who know how to do it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:22 - Dec 9 with 3311 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:20 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

If there are loads of spare seats, fair do's but I'm talking about those who are clearly aware that lots of people are getting on and seats are limited but leave their bag on the seat and do a hard stare out of the window so that you have to ask them 'is somebody sitting here ?' I just find that discourteous and selfish. The difference here is that you're clearly being open to moving it for someone whereas others are trying to subliminally giving out the signal don't sit next to me and 'protect their space'.

Yep, fair point.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:24 - Dec 9 with 3300 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:18 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Backpacks are acceptable as long as they are hand held for the tube operation.

I quite like you Dollers but if you think otherwise then you are a muppet.

I don't think otherwise. You never stipulated that caveat originally.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024