Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5x people types that I'll never get on with 09:14 - Dec 9 with 26582 viewsartsbossbeard

1. People, who on entering a bar, grab themselves a beer without offering other parties members a drink "I could see from the bar you had over a half pint left".
2. People who don't like sport. I can understand footy but not all sports.
3. People who fully valet their cars every weekend.
4. People who wear black shoes with jeans.
5. People with tattoos above the neck line.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:25 - Dec 9 with 3844 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:20 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

If there are loads of spare seats, fair do's but I'm talking about those who are clearly aware that lots of people are getting on and seats are limited but leave their bag on the seat and do a hard stare out of the window so that you have to ask them 'is somebody sitting here ?' I just find that discourteous and selfish. The difference here is that you're clearly being open to moving it for someone whereas others are trying to subliminally giving out the signal don't sit next to me and 'protect their space'.

Virgin have the best policy. They won't allow anyone to put a bag on a seat no matter how empty the train is. All luggage has to go in the luggage rails.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:27 - Dec 9 with 3835 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:25 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Virgin have the best policy. They won't allow anyone to put a bag on a seat no matter how empty the train is. All luggage has to go in the luggage rails.

Another thing - people who insist on sitting in the correct seats when the train is practically empty. Halfwits.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:29 - Dec 9 with 3826 viewsnoggin

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:27 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Another thing - people who insist on sitting in the correct seats when the train is practically empty. Halfwits.

What, the seats they booked in advance?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:29 - Dec 9 with 3826 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:24 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think otherwise. You never stipulated that caveat originally.

Yes I did. I clearly said people who "Wear" backpacks on a tube.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:32 - Dec 9 with 3807 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:29 - Dec 9 by noggin

What, the seats they booked in advance?

Yes. If there are hundreds of identical ones, unreserved, just sit wherever. Why would you insist on 'your' seat?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 3795 viewsSarge

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:32 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Yes. If there are hundreds of identical ones, unreserved, just sit wherever. Why would you insist on 'your' seat?

Equally it must be asked if there are hundreds of empty seats, why sit in one that's been reserved?
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 3795 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:29 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Yes I did. I clearly said people who "Wear" backpacks on a tube.

Fair point, missed that. Although I'll keep my backpack on if the carriage is virtually empty.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 3789 viewsnoggin

Erm, if there are hundreds of unreserved seats and you don’t have a reservation, why would you sit in a reserved seat? Halfwit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:34 - Dec 9 with 3782 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:33 - Dec 9 by Sarge

Equally it must be asked if there are hundreds of empty seats, why sit in one that's been reserved?

Who said anyone did?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:35 - Dec 9 with 3781 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:18 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

If it's 10 items max then I agree. Also agree on the plane clappers.

Don't see how a book's bothering you, unless they shove it in your face.

Tescos self service is 10 max. I assumed all supermarkets had the same rule?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 3773 viewsSarge

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:34 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Who said anyone did?

Presumably if someone is asking for their seat it's because someone else has sat in it?
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 3770 viewsJ2BLUE

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:35 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Is it? I've often taken massive baskets through there and no one has ever said anything.

Sure you don't mean basket tills?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:38 - Dec 9 with 3749 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:36 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

Is it? I've often taken massive baskets through there and no one has ever said anything.

Sure you don't mean basket tills?

Naa my local Tescos has a sign up saying 'maximum 10 items'.

Not all like that then?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:38 - Dec 9 with 3745 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:35 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Hadn't really thought about it to be honest.

Thought you just meant people with more stuff than you.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 16:40]

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:39 - Dec 9 with 3732 viewsJ2BLUE

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:38 - Dec 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Naa my local Tescos has a sign up saying 'maximum 10 items'.

Not all like that then?

No such signs in my local Tesco stores thankfully. I always use self service as I despise queuing.

Truly impaired.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:41 - Dec 9 with 3717 viewsbrogansnose

Agree. Strictly speaking you have the right to ask them to move but with loads of spare seats it gets silly and petty. Life's too short for this sort of daftness.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:41 - Dec 9 with 3714 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:33 - Dec 9 by noggin

Erm, if there are hundreds of unreserved seats and you don’t have a reservation, why would you sit in a reserved seat? Halfwit.

Again, who said I did? Halfwit.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:43 - Dec 9 with 3703 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:38 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Hadn't really thought about it to be honest.

Thought you just meant people with more stuff than you.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 16:40]

Blimey I'm not that inpatient!

Just seem to be unlucky in having people take 30 items through the self service when I've literally popped in for a packet of cookies or something. If they're gonna have that many items, they should go to the normal tills imo

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:43 - Dec 9 with 3700 viewsJ2BLUE

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:41 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

Agree. Strictly speaking you have the right to ask them to move but with loads of spare seats it gets silly and petty. Life's too short for this sort of daftness.

CCTV shows him being perfectly pleasant

Truly impaired.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:43 - Dec 9 with 3699 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:36 - Dec 9 by Sarge

Presumably if someone is asking for their seat it's because someone else has sat in it?

i didn't say anyone was asking for it. It's people going along the aisle, checking the numbers, looking at their ticket, going back, going forth, looking at their ticket again, when there are loads of unreserved and identical seats.

Halfwits!

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:45 - Dec 9 with 3685 viewsSarge

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:43 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

i didn't say anyone was asking for it. It's people going along the aisle, checking the numbers, looking at their ticket, going back, going forth, looking at their ticket again, when there are loads of unreserved and identical seats.

Halfwits!

Well in that case then yes it's pointless. I can't remember the last time I was on a train with seat reservations, would cause complete chaos on commuter trains.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:52 - Dec 9 with 3659 viewsbrogansnose

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:43 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

CCTV shows him being perfectly pleasant

It can't be Dolly, there's no backpack on the seat beside him.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 17:02 - Dec 9 with 3636 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:45 - Dec 9 by Sarge

Well in that case then yes it's pointless. I can't remember the last time I was on a train with seat reservations, would cause complete chaos on commuter trains.

You obviously don't travel to away games by train.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 17:05 - Dec 9 with 3630 viewsSarge

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 17:02 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

You obviously don't travel to away games by train.

Away....games?

I'm sorry I'm not familiar.
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 17:30 - Dec 9 with 3584 viewsartsbossbeard

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 16:13 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

I was coming back from The Dam with ABB once and we stupidly had decided to come back on the train rather than the perfectly serviceable boat with a bar and a bed - I confess this may have been my idea.

Lets just say we had had a heavy couple of nights and we boarded the train (not knowing what we were letting ourselves in for) at Amsterdam. I then realised that we had to change trains somewhere in Belgium and go through border control so I had to whack down a load of narcotics in a hurry that I thought were going to last until UK.

The train change was a nightmare but eventually we arrived at St Panc but had no forwarding tickets.

What then happened was I swear one of the worst episodes of my life. We were in the train ticket queue from hell and EVERY TIME some idiot finally got round to operating the machine they then had to get their wallet out and open about 20 compartments before finding their card.

Is it not beyond the wit of man to realise that you will need your card and get it ready?

Oh, finally. We had tickets booked for the 19.30 out of Liverpool St but we were in such a torrid state that we got the 18.30 - only to be fined by The Stasi for being on the wrong train.

Gravy train ABB paid, I was not capable of communication.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 16:15]

Worst. Return. Journey. Ever.

How on earth you convinced us all to give up the serenity of the ferry inc. room, bed, restaurant & bar for that cattle-class journey amazes me to this day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024