Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5x people types that I'll never get on with 09:14 - Dec 9 with 26536 viewsartsbossbeard

1. People, who on entering a bar, grab themselves a beer without offering other parties members a drink "I could see from the bar you had over a half pint left".
2. People who don't like sport. I can understand footy but not all sports.
3. People who fully valet their cars every weekend.
4. People who wear black shoes with jeans.
5. People with tattoos above the neck line.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 19:13 - Dec 9 with 2689 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 17:30 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

Worst. Return. Journey. Ever.

How on earth you convinced us all to give up the serenity of the ferry inc. room, bed, restaurant & bar for that cattle-class journey amazes me to this day.

Did I lose my phone or passport on the train only to find it in the seat pouch thingy after a bit of a hoo ha?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 19:58 - Dec 9 with 2650 viewsTIB

Funny you started this as I did question starting a thread this week of “Things that really bug you”...

Black shoes with blue jeans gets me every time.

Folk who accept a free beer but never return the favour. A lad in my office is renowned for this and I now don’t buy him drinks as his argument was that I earn more than him and don’t have a child to pay for. I pointed out that he shouldn’t have slept with the village hippocrocopig and should work harder then he’d be included in my rounds.

People who buy old Range Rovers and add sh*tty tinted windows and alloys. Why?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 20:43 - Dec 9 with 2631 viewsjeera

People who, on a group night out, scoff everything they can on the menu, the announce the bill should be shared equally.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 10:08 - Dec 10 with 2532 viewshampstead_blue

People who...
1 - ...say "I'm crazy"
2 - ...talk over you whilst you are talking.
3 ..... when you have shared an experience, come back with 'well, I did that/it happened to me too and....'
4 - .... who cannot tolerate a different opinion (on anything).
5 - .....who put salt on a meal without tasting it first

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 10:44 - Dec 10 with 2520 viewsSuperfrans

6. People who leave all of their trash at the cinema seat they’ve just used, or coffee shop table - take your rubbish with you and put it in the bin.
7. The cinemas who *encourage* this behaviour, asking customers to leave their trash where they sit. NO! Don’t train people to take zero responsibility for their rubbish.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 12:12 - Dec 10 with 2485 viewsBrixtonBlue

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 10:44 - Dec 10 by Superfrans

6. People who leave all of their trash at the cinema seat they’ve just used, or coffee shop table - take your rubbish with you and put it in the bin.
7. The cinemas who *encourage* this behaviour, asking customers to leave their trash where they sit. NO! Don’t train people to take zero responsibility for their rubbish.

Cinemas actually do that?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

5x people types that I'll never get on wit on 14:20 - Dec 10 with 2444 viewsSuperfrans

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 12:12 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

Cinemas actually do that?!

I’m pretty sure the Odeon or maybe Vue tell all customers to leave their trash at their seats. Why? It encourages people to be lazy, untidy and take no responsibility for their rubbish. Makes me really mad.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 21:20 - Dec 10 with 2378 viewsartsbossbeard

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 19:13 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Did I lose my phone or passport on the train only to find it in the seat pouch thingy after a bit of a hoo ha?

Phone and a hoo-ha, yes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:06 - Dec 10 with 2343 viewstcblue

Judgemental people
5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:17 - Dec 10 with 2333 viewscatch74

Following on from your 1 - From the other side of the bar (all been covered on here I’m pretty sure and not groundbreaking)
1. Customers ordering Guinness at the end of the round
2. People putting money on the bar rather than into hand whilst paying.
3. Anyone waving money to get attention at the bar
4. Groups of people ordering food and paying separately
5. Parents whose kids trash my garden whilst they’re blissfully unaware.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:30 - Dec 10 with 2315 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:17 - Dec 10 by catch74

Following on from your 1 - From the other side of the bar (all been covered on here I’m pretty sure and not groundbreaking)

All of those things wind me up - as a customer.

But from my side of the bar

1/ Bar staff who mess about with their phones rather than serve you.
2/ Bar staff who do not attempt to monitor who is next to be served
3/ Bar staff who work the ends and not the middle - and vice verca

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:37 - Dec 10 with 2307 viewscatch74

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:30 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

All of those things wind me up - as a customer.

But from my side of the bar

1/ Bar staff who mess about with their phones rather than serve you.
2/ Bar staff who do not attempt to monitor who is next to be served
3/ Bar staff who work the ends and not the middle - and vice verca

With you on all of them. I’ve picked up a lot of customers from a nearby village pub because their staff are allowed on their phones whilst working.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:51 - Dec 10 with 2294 viewsLord_Lucan

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:17 - Dec 10 by catch74

On a serious note, is it acceptable to stand at the bar with a note popping out of your hand (non waving)

How otherwise do staff know we need a beer?

It's ok to say that they will note that the customers pint is empty but not all bar staff are that attentive.

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 07:49 - Dec 11 with 2231 viewscatch74

5x people types that I'll never get on with on 23:51 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

On a serious note, is it acceptable to stand at the bar with a note popping out of your hand (non waving)

How otherwise do staff know we need a beer?

It's ok to say that they will note that the customers pint is empty but not all bar staff are that attentive.

It’s more when it’s busy, you’re trying to serve in turn and someone is thrusting money in your face.
I once took a note from someone doing this, said thanks carries on serving in order.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024