Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is a shrug your shoulders result 16:52 - Dec 9 with 5361 viewsgtsb1966

Rarely get anything up there, never expected anything, got nothing. Move on.
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:53 - Dec 9 with 5351 viewsBlueBadger

'Balls'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:56 - Dec 9 with 5319 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, and two good results before it mean it doesn't matter.

Rarely pulling anything unexpected out though will probably be why we fall short of the play-offs.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:56 - Dec 9 with 5311 viewsCurrie10

CAN do that.

Saw the first half online, I can tolerate with defeat.

I find watching 11 men behind the ball, absolutely suck the hell into the opposition with offering zero threat at the other end hard to watch.

Boro offered very little - lots of possession, tentative, slow.

IF we'd had a go, I think we MAY have gotten a result today.

Direby 3-0, now further off. Looks a big ask to me, but you never know.....
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:57 - Dec 9 with 5305 viewsHerbivore

Agree, it's disappointing to have conceded a poor goal before half time as we might have got something but you look at Boro's team and it was always going to be a tough fixture. Not going to lose any sleep over this one, although we need to win our upcoming home games if we're going to keep in touch with the top 6.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:03 - Dec 9 with 5271 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. Although disappointing nevertheless.

We looked to have them (and the crowd) in a good position just before half time. We might even have snatched an undeserved goal ourselves then Boro went up the other end and got the break/defensive mistake they were looking for.

Whoever said the first goal would win it couldn't have been more right. For the first twenty minutes of the second half Boro were well on top and the crowd came right back into it especially after the second goal.

It was a missed opportunity today. But we just didn't play well enough or defend well enough when it mattered.

Pronouns: He/Him

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:13 - Dec 9 with 5238 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:56 - Dec 9 by Currie10

CAN do that.

Saw the first half online, I can tolerate with defeat.

I find watching 11 men behind the ball, absolutely suck the hell into the opposition with offering zero threat at the other end hard to watch.

Boro offered very little - lots of possession, tentative, slow.

IF we'd had a go, I think we MAY have gotten a result today.

Direby 3-0, now further off. Looks a big ask to me, but you never know.....

I can't see the point of us defending with 11 men behind the ball as invariably we are not able to stop teams from scoring against us, apart from the odd exception. The amounts of goals we have conceded already we simply aren't that great at defending, therefore we might as well have a go at teams.

Wasn't expecting much from today, but it sounds like we haven't even turned up!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:14 - Dec 9 with 5233 viewsWoodsFriesRice

That's bllx.
At least go down TRYING to win.
What would be the difference?
We'd have no points, granted, but we'd maybe have entertained in what is, ultimately, a game, not a business.

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:20 - Dec 9 with 5212 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:14 - Dec 9 by WoodsFriesRice

That's bllx.
We'd have no points, granted, but we'd maybe have entertained in what is, ultimately, a game, not a business.

There was no lack of effort and we tried to get things going. Thought Bishop looked very good today and did more than Huws.

Nothing really seemed to stick today— Boro put away their chances, we didn't make anything of our threatening positions.

Login to get fewer ads

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:24 - Dec 9 with 5174 viewsgtsb1966

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:14 - Dec 9 by WoodsFriesRice

That's bllx.

What's bollox then? We rarely get anything at Boro, I didn't expect anything and we got nothing. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:48 - Dec 9 with 5102 viewsSwansea_Blue

You're probably right but it's a missed opportunity as they've been crap lately.

Ho hum.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 5092 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:13 - Dec 9 by christiand

I can't see the point of us defending with 11 men behind the ball as invariably we are not able to stop teams from scoring against us, apart from the odd exception. The amounts of goals we have conceded already we simply aren't that great at defending, therefore we might as well have a go at teams.

Where's this 11 behind the ball come from? Nothing like that at all.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 5081 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:50 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

Where's this 11 behind the ball come from? Nothing like that at all.

Bottom line is we can't defend, us trying to play defensively is pointless.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:58 - Dec 9 with 5074 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:55 - Dec 9 by christiand

Bottom line is we can't defend, us trying to play defensively is pointless.

We didn't play defensively though.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:02 - Dec 9 with 5055 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:58 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

We didn't play defensively though.

That's more of a worry then, that we couldn't even trouble them with a shot on goal. I can't understand how we have 4 defenders and 2 holding midfielders and still concede the rate of goals we do? Therefore we have 7 players (including Bart) whose job is mainly defensive and we have conceded 32 goals in 21 games!

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:07 - Dec 9 with 5044 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:02 - Dec 9 by christiand

That's more of a worry then, that we couldn't even trouble them with a shot on goal. I can't understand how we have 4 defenders and 2 holding midfielders and still concede the rate of goals we do? Therefore we have 7 players (including Bart) whose job is mainly defensive and we have conceded 32 goals in 21 games!

Both full backs got forward and there was little defensive about Skuse-Connolly today.

For an away side looking to take points, we had the right instincts today. We just didn't play well enough, especially when it mattered in and around both penalty areas.

You're p!ssing up the wrong tree if you think we've got a defensive set up or instructions from MM.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:14 - Dec 9 with 5022 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:07 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

Both full backs got forward and there was little defensive about Skuse-Connolly today.

For an away side looking to take points, we had the right instincts today. We just didn't play well enough, especially when it mattered in and around both penalty areas.

You're p!ssing up the wrong tree if you think we've got a defensive set up or instructions from MM.

The fact we continually make defensive mistakes is a problem, has been all season and there is no getting away from that fact. MM likes to try and keep it tight away from home- look at how the first half played out today. I just can't understand this approach, we are a mistake waiting to happen at the back, might as well attack from the start, put them on the back foot. Instead of going behind and try and get ourselves back in the game.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:26 - Dec 9 with 5000 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:14 - Dec 9 by christiand

The fact we continually make defensive mistakes is a problem, has been all season and there is no getting away from that fact. MM likes to try and keep it tight away from home- look at how the first half played out today. I just can't understand this approach, we are a mistake waiting to happen at the back, might as well attack from the start, put them on the back foot. Instead of going behind and try and get ourselves back in the game.

You make it sound like the 1-0 was waiting to happen. It wasn't.

Making this about our approach (rather than us not being good enough today across the park) is showing a little too much of your prejudiced agenda.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:50 - Dec 9 with 4958 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:26 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

You make it sound like the 1-0 was waiting to happen. It wasn't.

Making this about our approach (rather than us not being good enough today across the park) is showing a little too much of your prejudiced agenda.

Not at all. The fact Middlesboro have been far from convincing this season particularly of late and yet we still fail to really trouble them. I had a Middlesboro friend who was at the game today and he was far from impressed from both sides, although not surprised by his own team. It is like we are scared to attack the 'bigger' sides or even have a go at them, I just don't think we can afford to sit back as we aren't good enough defensively to keep teams out.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:52 - Dec 9 with 4951 viewsDarth_Koont

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:50 - Dec 9 by christiand

Not at all. The fact Middlesboro have been far from convincing this season particularly of late and yet we still fail to really trouble them. I had a Middlesboro friend who was at the game today and he was far from impressed from both sides, although not surprised by his own team. It is like we are scared to attack the 'bigger' sides or even have a go at them, I just don't think we can afford to sit back as we aren't good enough defensively to keep teams out.

We didn't sit back once!

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 19:47 - Dec 9 with 4881 viewschristiand

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 18:52 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

We didn't sit back once!

One shot on target in the whole game? Then something is not right if we didn't sit back and we have that stat because Middlesboro were 'pretty woeful' by all accounts and that was from one of their own supporters.

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 20:00 - Dec 9 with 4866 viewsJohnny_Boy

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:24 - Dec 9 by gtsb1966

What's bollox then? We rarely get anything at Boro, I didn't expect anything and we got nothing. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

We've hardly picked points from anyone above us.
Shall we rest all our key players for any games with teams above us?
Then concentrate on beating those clubs below us.

Of course, our rise up to the play offs would be dictated on all those clubs to drop points.
Dicey.
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 20:11 - Dec 9 with 4841 viewsjas0999

So, ignore another boring dull performance, but expect everyone to jump around as if we won the PL when we win?
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 20:29 - Dec 9 with 4816 viewsbournemouthblue

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 16:56 - Dec 9 by Steve_M

Yeah, and two good results before it mean it doesn't matter.

Rarely pulling anything unexpected out though will probably be why we fall short of the play-offs.

We lose too many games currently

We have improved but seem very flimsy at at the back. If we can get some consistency together we can certainly push as time goes on but that is looking more like next season.

We need a good January if we are going to push on this season and when was the last time we had one of those?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 00:13 - Dec 10 with 4710 viewsVaughan8

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 20:11 - Dec 9 by jas0999

So, ignore another boring dull performance, but expect everyone to jump around as if we won the PL when we win?

Haha it seems some people are like that.

The sad thing is, despite the good game last week, we only got out of jail due to a Forest being even worse at the back. We didn’t look great defensively last week and it seems we weren’t that good this week. 5 out of the last 6 games we have conceded 2goals each game. That isn’t going to bode well. Still seem to struggle against the good/bigger teams.
Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 13:01 - Dec 10 with 4573 viewsCurrie10

Today is a shrug your shoulders result on 17:13 - Dec 9 by christiand

I CAN see the point in doing so with a 14/15 kind of team / a horrible midfield biting at your ankles with an inform Murphy bullying the living hell into you. I didn't especially like 90% of our general play that season, but given the spend in the league ... kudos to Mick for installing the team spirit etc for us to come top 6 that year.

Yesterday really irritated me though. Like you've said, we DON'T have the defence at present to have faith in a clean sheet and nick one. Boro were there to be got at, a lot of their play first half was tepid, slow and they didn't have a lot of ideas. That's despite Waghorn being so damn isolated and 10 behind the ball with him having no support.

Boro were really there to be had a go at. We were the second top scorers in the league for heavens sake, that isn't by chance. I think the shackles off, have a go and if we'd lost 2-0 by doing so I don't think people could really say a lot given Boro's spending. They were in poor form before the game and clearly very nervous first half.

I'll be at Wolves and despite being a firm Mick IN - and will remain so ( I'm 99% sure he's off in the summer ) I can well foresee being on the stands irritated at our game plan / how we set up.

I'd understand Boro a bit more should we say be hosting Birmingham or someone like that on Tuesday where three points would have been more likely, however we have NO fixture midweek.........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024