Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying 17:17 - Dec 9 with 1930 viewspointofblue

Yet again we seem to have a side's measure, make stupid mistake/s and then end up flat on our backs. We should be capable of tightening up, if only we could manage it....

Today was always going to be tough; it's just a shame to throw it away in that manner.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 17:29 - Dec 9 with 1892 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yep, Derby was a one off unfortunately.

Generally speaking we just aren't good enough at the back. We concede an average of nearly 2 goals per game away from home which makes it very hard to pick up results.

We play with two holding midfielders and generally set up in quite a defensive shape, so its disappointing that we concede so many

it just seems to be silly mistakes that cost us again and again, the only conclusion you can reach is that the individuals just aren't good enough.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 9:13]
It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 17:31 - Dec 9 with 1887 viewsIllinoisblue

might have been a different game if we'd kept it 0-0 at half-time. poor goal to concede; Knudsen got jizzed on by Downing and then we made a hash of the clearance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 1825 viewspointofblue

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 17:29 - Dec 9 by Harry_Palmer

Generally speaking we just aren't good enough at the back. We concede an average of nearly 2 goals per game away from home which makes it very hard to pick up results.

We play with two holding midfielders and generally set up in quite a defensive shape, so its disappointing that we concede so many

it just seems to be silly mistakes that cost us again and again, the only conclusion you can reach is that the individuals just aren't good enough.

The strange thing being we are the second top scorers in the league (well, up to today, not sure if anything's changed) when we play a back four and two holding midfielders - it seems to help us offensively against some sides yet our defence is still ponderous. Very odd.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 10:35 - Dec 10 with 1670 viewsHerbivore

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 17:29 - Dec 9 by Harry_Palmer

We don't set up defensively, we picked the same side and shape that put 4 goals past Forest last week. Playing away from home is tough in this league, especially against sides like Boro with the players they have at their disposal, and we're not going to go there and dominate. The frustration is that we nullified them pretty well and then gifted another very soft goal just before half time. It's not the set up that's the issue, it's the poor individual errors we keep making that lead to goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 10:54 - Dec 10 with 1649 viewsmarchy

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 10:35 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

We don't set up defensively, we picked the same side and shape that put 4 goals past Forest last week. Playing away from home is tough in this league, especially against sides like Boro with the players they have at their disposal, and we're not going to go there and dominate. The frustration is that we nullified them pretty well and then gifted another very soft goal just before half time. It's not the set up that's the issue, it's the poor individual errors we keep making that lead to goals.

Or, to summarise, "it just seems to be silly mistakes that cost us again and again, the only conclusion you can reach is that the individuals just aren't good enough."
It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 13:12 - Dec 10 with 1589 viewsHarry_Palmer

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 10:35 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

We play with two holding midfielders and one up front, whilst not parking the bus I'd still say that is a fairly defensive shape.

Other than that it looks like we are in agreement that the main issue is individuals not being good enough and making mistakes. I appreciate how tough away games are in this league and certainly don't expect us to win them all but I do think we should have perhaps ground out a few more draws on the road.
It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 14:06 - Dec 10 with 1558 viewsHerbivore

It's the never-ending mistakes which are becoming annoying on 13:12 - Dec 10 by Harry_Palmer

We play with two holding midfielders and one up front, whilst not parking the bus I'd still say that is a fairly defensive shape.

Other than that it looks like we are in agreement that the main issue is individuals not being good enough and making mistakes. I appreciate how tough away games are in this league and certainly don't expect us to win them all but I do think we should have perhaps ground out a few more draws on the road.

But it's the same shape and line up that scored 4 goals in their last game so I don't think that's the issue. The main difference is playing away from home against a quality side, their strikers cost £25m combined which is not far off ten times the cost of our entire squad. That said, I'd like to see us grinding out a few more draws and even wins like the one at Derby, the issue has been really poor individual errors and I fear they will cost us having a good season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024