Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some thoughts on today 20:18 - Dec 9 with 1801 viewscbower

The Riverside is always cold. We were equally as good (or poor if you like) as Boro for the first 44 minutes. In fact, we knocked the ball around in little triangles and across the back line quite a bit to be fair. Indeed, we were comfortable and the game plan was working nicely. We had one or two openings and half chances - the best of which was created by Ward. I think Phil is generous when he says Celina teed up Huws from Ward's cross. Looked to me as if he completely miscontolled a ball he should have brought down and slotted home quite easily for himself. Infact, although he did work hard tracking back, I thought Bersant was poor today. Giving the ball away far too cheaply time and again. The goal on 44 was a shambles. After great work by Huws carrying the ball away from danger along the touchline, he then lost it when he should have got rid down the line. When the ball reached Downing, he outfoxed Knudsen, feigning to cross with his favoured left, Jonas went to block and Downing went the other way onto his right. Huws and Ward were in position to clear but seemed to get in each other's way and Ward headed back across his own six yard box for Braithwaite to slot home. Calamitous.
A change saw Huws withdrawn and Garner back up top. Hope Emyr is ok. He was off the pace a bit today but he changes the dynamic of the team. Bamford slotted home after 51. With Jonas pressing tight to his man, the ball reached Bamford who carried it unchallenged at least 20 yards to the edge of the box. Webster backed off and kindly showed the Boro striker inside onto his favoured left peg. Surely a different body position from Webster should have driven Bamford wide? Still unchallenged 18 yards out, he picked his spot - 2-0. Huff and puff for the remainder of the game from Town but Randolph in the home goal will rarely have had less to do. Disappointing second half is an understatement. Oh how I long for someone like Big Allan Hunter, Terry Butcher, Beattie or even De Vos. They would have seen Bamford off early in the game and he would have been lingering out wide staying out of their way. Instead, he ran the game, along with the much maligned Grant Leadbitter. What Mick would give to have So called Leadboots in our midfield. He dominated proceedings, calm in possession and pulling all the strings. Heyho, what could have been. Pretty much sums up the game. Finally, both refs were useless. Ayala should have gone for violent conduct in our box. A late foul on Jonas by Assombalonga was not spotted by the ref but the linesman flagged and the foul was given. However, as is usual the linesman had no balls as he really should have told the ref that it was at least a booking. The replacement ref was a pedantic pillock and a definite homer. Having said that, we deserved nowt and that's what we got. At least it seems little Seb had a nice day though!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 20:21]

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024