Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah 21:54 - Dec 9 with 2935 viewsBrixtonBlue

To me, this bit (at 7:00 mins) that isn't in the original song, really sounds like;

No more
No more
Hallelujah baby
Until you are nothing
Hallelujah baby
Until sea is everywhere,
Hallelujah,
‘Till together you are somewhere...

Rather poignant for a man who went for a swim in the sea, fully clothed, even wearing his boots, never to return...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:12 - Dec 9 with 2905 viewsJoeSoap

At the risk of sounding pedantic and ruining your moment of poignancy, he actually drowned in Wolf River Harbour 300kms from the sea.

Now if he'd sung about the river being everywhere........

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:21 - Dec 9 with 2895 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:12 - Dec 9 by JoeSoap

At the risk of sounding pedantic and ruining your moment of poignancy, he actually drowned in Wolf River Harbour 300kms from the sea.

Now if he'd sung about the river being everywhere........

Hmm. Well I guess the water in a harbour river is still sea water...?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:24 - Dec 9 with 2887 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is it poignant?

Pronouns: He/Him

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:37 - Dec 9 with 2872 viewsJoeSoap

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:21 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Hmm. Well I guess the water in a harbour river is still sea water...?

Nah sorry, it's a tributary of the Mississippi River which is a fresh water river (silty but not salty) running south and draining into the Gulf of Mexico.

Sorry, I've sort of ruined the magic for you now.

Great song though by a master song writer, Cohen reckoned he'd written as many as 80 different verses.

The English singer and songwriter Kathryn Williams once introduced her version of Hallelujah in a live show by saying, "I really, really, really want to shag Leonard Cohen."

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:08 - Dec 9 with 2842 viewsfactual_blue

A coincidence.

Just as it's a coincidence that John Denver wrote the song 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' and later died in a plane crash.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:36 - Dec 9 with 2822 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:24 - Dec 9 by Darth_Koont

Why is it poignant?

eh?

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:40 - Dec 9 with 2814 viewshoppy

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:36 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

eh?

Irrelevant to this thread, but we’re currently in your vicinity, having been to see The Charlatans at the Academy... know of anywhere decent to get some bangers and mash?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:14 - Dec 10 with 2782 viewsDarth_Koont

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:36 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

eh?

I asked, Why is it poignant?

Login to get fewer ads

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:22 - Dec 10 with 2774 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:40 - Dec 9 by hoppy

Irrelevant to this thread, but we’re currently in your vicinity, having been to see The Charlatans at the Academy... know of anywhere decent to get some bangers and mash?

I don't really know in Brixton. I'm currently in Essex!

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:28 - Dec 10 with 2767 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 23:40 - Dec 9 by hoppy

Are you supposed to be reveling in average sex by now?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:29 - Dec 10 with 2769 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:14 - Dec 10 by Darth_Koont

I asked, Why is it poignant?

Yes, I can read.

I don't understand your question. Do you not understand the meaning of the word "poignant"? Or did you miss the bit about him singing, "Until sea's everywhere" before drowning?

I realise you're trying to be clever, as usual, but I can't quite figure out how. Even a child can see the poignancy in what he seemingly sang before what actually happened.

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:38 - Dec 10 with 2757 viewshoppy

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:28 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

Are you supposed to be reveling in average sex by now?

Well, we didn’t make it for average sex earlier, so hopefully when we get back...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 01:02 - Dec 10 with 2743 viewsDarth_Koont

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:29 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, I can read.

I don't understand your question. Do you not understand the meaning of the word "poignant"? Or did you miss the bit about him singing, "Until sea's everywhere" before drowning?

I realise you're trying to be clever, as usual, but I can't quite figure out how. Even a child can see the poignancy in what he seemingly sang before what actually happened.

No, I just don't get why something unconnected has poignancy.

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 01:15 - Dec 10 with 2711 viewsStokieBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 22:37 - Dec 9 by JoeSoap

Nah sorry, it's a tributary of the Mississippi River which is a fresh water river (silty but not salty) running south and draining into the Gulf of Mexico.

Sorry, I've sort of ruined the magic for you now.

Great song though by a master song writer, Cohen reckoned he'd written as many as 80 different verses.

The English singer and songwriter Kathryn Williams once introduced her version of Hallelujah in a live show by saying, "I really, really, really want to shag Leonard Cohen."

The term you are looking for is brackish water..

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 01:17 - Dec 10 with 2704 viewsStokieBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 00:29 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, I can read.

It's only poignant if you are trying very, very, very hard I'm afraid.

Which you are.

Better off grabbing an ale and moving on to another song I would say.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 02:15 - Dec 10 with 2676 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 08:03 - Dec 10 with 2603 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 01:02 - Dec 10 by Darth_Koont

No, I just don't get why something unconnected has poignancy.

It's the romantic notion that they might be connected. Sheesh.

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 08:06 - Dec 10 with 2598 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just been watching this old clip of Jeff Buckley singing the glorious Hallelujah on 01:17 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

It's only poignant if you are trying very, very, very hard I'm afraid.

Which you are.

Better off grabbing an ale and moving on to another song I would say.

SB

I'm not fixated on it. I just heard it, thought, "Ooh, that sounds like...", bit spooky, that's it. No big deal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024