Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. 09:39 - Dec 10 with 7167 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s not like that doesn’t happen at virtually every away game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:07 - Dec 10 with 5770 viewsHerbivore

That's an accurate description of about three of our away games, that's a bit of a distance away from being virtually every away game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:11 - Dec 10 with 5763 viewshampstead_blue

it's the soft goals which worries me

If Chambers was 'the chosen one' then we would be stronger at the back.

As a former 'no thrills' defender you would have thought he could pass on some skills and organise them. Even Wet Sham kept a clean sheet yesterday!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:33 - Dec 10 with 5696 viewsITFC_Forever

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:07 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

That's an accurate description of about three of our away games, that's a bit of a distance away from being virtually every away game.

Pretty much every one since Millwall is more than three games.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:35 - Dec 10 with 5696 viewsbritbiker

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:11 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

it's the soft goals which worries me

If Chambers was 'the chosen one' then we would be stronger at the back.

As a former 'no thrills' defender you would have thought he could pass on some skills and organise them. Even Wet Sham kept a clean sheet yesterday!

Really hoping we can use some funds a Xmas to strengthen the defence as we have been conceding poor goals for a couple of seasons now.
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:46 - Dec 10 with 5680 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:33 - Dec 10 by ITFC_Forever

Pretty much every one since Millwall is more than three games.

Yeah, that's not really accurate though.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:52 - Dec 10 with 5676 viewsBluefish

Do you see that you never ever miss an opportunity to criticise when we lose a game? Can you see why people might question whether you enjoy it more when we lose? If you expect perfect youbhave the wrong team or at least the wrong era. For me the lows make the highs better and this season is doing ok

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:48 - Dec 10 with 5614 viewsITFC_Forever

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:52 - Dec 10 by Bluefish

Do you see that you never ever miss an opportunity to criticise when we lose a game? Can you see why people might question whether you enjoy it more when we lose? If you expect perfect youbhave the wrong team or at least the wrong era. For me the lows make the highs better and this season is doing ok

I know you won’t agree, but I think I’m generally fair.

I enjoyed the Forest game, Derby was a good three points, PNE at home was decent enough in the second half.

I’m more than happy to give praise where it’s due... but that’s not very often at the moment.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 5608 viewsBluefish

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:48 - Dec 10 by ITFC_Forever

I enjoyed the Forest game, Derby was a good three points, PNE at home was decent enough in the second half.

I’m more than happy to give praise where it’s due... but that’s not very often at the moment.

The key to my point is you where you said praise is not due very often. We are too 10 and exceeding expectations surely the glass is more half full than half empty

Login to get fewer ads

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:15 - Dec 10 with 5528 viewsdalianwasexciting

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:51 - Dec 10 by Bluefish

The key to my point is you where you said praise is not due very often. We are too 10 and exceeding expectations surely the glass is more half full than half empty

Yesterday felt like we had set up for a 0-0, and when Boro got their first (thanks to shambolic defending) there was never going to be a way back. At Hull we were poor but actually looked capable of scoring, as we did twice. First half at Barnsley was very much the same as above and the performance at Villa Park was also of a similar ilk. Burton was terrible but we nicked it thanks to Celina, Sheff Utd we did have a great effort from Waggy but huffed and puffed. I have not been to any others yet this season.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 00:06 - Dec 11 with 5412 viewsbournemouthblue

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:15 - Dec 10 by dalianwasexciting

Yesterday felt like we had set up for a 0-0, and when Boro got their first (thanks to shambolic defending) there was never going to be a way back. At Hull we were poor but actually looked capable of scoring, as we did twice. First half at Barnsley was very much the same as above and the performance at Villa Park was also of a similar ilk. Burton was terrible but we nicked it thanks to Celina, Sheff Utd we did have a great effort from Waggy but huffed and puffed. I have not been to any others yet this season.

Boro apparently haven't lost a game this season once taking a lead so it was always going to be an uphill struggle

They were briiliant at holding leads under Karanka

We are far too flimsy at the back to mount a serious play-off push. Let's hope for a decent January for once!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:03 - Dec 11 with 5338 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:48 - Dec 10 by ITFC_Forever

It's not very often at the moment, yet you've listed three of our last 6 games as being worthy of praise. We were very good against Wednesday too, stupid goals aside.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:40 - Dec 11 with 5319 viewsNo9

Letting the opposition boss the mifield makes it much easier for their attackers to push the game high into Town territory.
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 09:10 - Dec 11 with 5285 viewsITFC_Forever

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:03 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

It's not very often at the moment, yet you've listed three of our last 6 games as being worthy of praise. We were very good against Wednesday too, stupid goals aside.

By at the moment, I mean the last couple of years....

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 09:21 - Dec 11 with 5279 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 09:10 - Dec 11 by ITFC_Forever

By at the moment, I mean the last couple of years....

That's a long moment. Remind me never to meet up with you for a drink in a while, I might die before you get there.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 09:45 - Dec 11 with 5263 viewschicoazul

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 11:52 - Dec 10 by Bluefish

Do you think anything he said was wrong though?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:18 - Dec 11 with 5238 viewsBluefish

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 09:45 - Dec 11 by chicoazul

Do you think anything he said was wrong though?

Do I think we are not a perfect football team they doesn't have failings or make mistakes?

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:10 - Dec 11 with 5126 viewsOsborneOneNil

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:03 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Very good against Wednesday? Generous. I'd say we were 'ok' against a very poor side.

If we were very good, we'd have won that game.
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:18 - Dec 11 with 5119 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:10 - Dec 11 by OsborneOneNil

Very good against Wednesday? Generous. I'd say we were 'ok' against a very poor side.

If we were very good, we'd have won that game.

I disagree. We played well, created a lot of chances in both halves and were mugged following two poor bits of defensive play. They had two shots on target the whole game and scored them both whilst Westwood was kept busy throughout. It was frustrating that we didn't win, we should have done as we dominated and created plenty of chances.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 23:17 - Dec 11 with 5064 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:07 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

You really need to update yourself as there is many more than three away games in which we offered no attacking threat.

And knowing McCarthy there is more to come.
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:22 - Dec 12 with 5003 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 23:17 - Dec 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

You really need to update yourself as there is many more than three away games in which we offered no attacking threat.

We all know your views, mate.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:24 - Dec 12 with 5001 viewstrncbluearmy

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:22 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

you really need to take off those blue tinted glasses
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:27 - Dec 12 with 4997 viewsHerbivore

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:24 - Dec 12 by trncbluearmy

you really need to take off those blue tinted glasses

Or you need to stop being so negative maybe.

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 10:34 - Dec 12 with 4971 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 08:22 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Just the facts. Talking about facts unlike yourself so stop talking nonsense. There have been many more than three away matches in which we offered no or very little threat.
Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 12:39 - Dec 12 with 4924 viewsJimmyJazz

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 23:17 - Dec 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

I wonder if there was much difference in how we approached the Derby and Middlesbrough games? It works wonders when we actually manage to take the lead, but can come unstuck if the opposition score first

This has been Mick's approach to away games, probably since he arrived. There have been numerous games we have pulled off an unexpected away win, but it doesn't always happen hence the unexpected nature

MM will point out the number of times it's worked

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 13:04 - Dec 12 with 4908 viewsOsborneOneNil

Next to no attacking threat and soft goals conceded. Who’d have thought it. on 15:18 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

I disagree. We played well, created a lot of chances in both halves and were mugged following two poor bits of defensive play. They had two shots on target the whole game and scored them both whilst Westwood was kept busy throughout. It was frustrating that we didn't win, we should have done as we dominated and created plenty of chances.

Your opinion. I'd suggest that the reason Wednesday had just 2 shots on target was down to them being extremely poor, rather than us being very good. Not saying that for a row, it's a fair comment that they were bad.

We should have won, 100%. We played better than we have done, granted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024