Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss Benters and his news updates. 12:23 - Dec 10 with 12477 viewsnoggin

I happened across Sky News reporting that 84% of convictions for gang rape of young girls, were men of Asian origin. In the good old days I would have read it here first. Come back Benters!!!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 3649 viewsSwansea_Blue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 19:30 - Dec 10 by giant_stow

Interesting that no one's had the gonads to address the non-benters subject matter there. Not sure I fancy it either (!) but I think I heard on the radio that this report was produced by the quilliam foundation?

The people lacking the balls are those authorities who have known about this problem for years and done very little about it. Rotherham obviously springs to mind as that's where the majority of cases have cropped up and police and local authority incompetence has been greatest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 3649 viewsHerbivore

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 12:30 - Dec 11 by Darth_Koont

BTW it's 84% of convictions for being members of grooming gangs not gang rape.

Which is a pretty specific sort of crime. On the surface, there seems to be cultural issues at play but not sure what conclusions can be drawn exactly when all ethnicities and backgrounds are represented in the wider picture of sexual offences against children and youths. For example, from the same study, the group offenders who abuse children because of long-standing paedophilic interest are 100% white.

I think there are some cultural issues at play for sure, and as you say there are other categories of sexual offence where white Brits predominate and other ethnicities are not represented at all and perhaps there are some cultural issues there that need unpicking too. I do wonder if some of the link between particular British Asian communities and this specific type of offending is also down to access as well as culture, in some of the high profile cases there have been links to taxi drivers and take away owners and they may be more likely to come into contact with vulnerable teenage girls and they are also types of work where British Asians are quite strongly represented. In any case it's an issue that needs addressing and it requires proper understanding of what leads to this behaviour in order to address it and that shouldn't mean being frightened of questioning the extent to which culture plays a part.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 13:01 - Dec 11 with 3608 viewseireblue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 11:31 - Dec 11 by GlasgowBlue

You raise a very good point mate. Everyone on this thread ha been quick to stick the boot into Benters but no one is actually addressing the subject. Hardly surprising considering the op described the Cologne New Year rapes as a "right wing conspiracy" and " just a bit of bum pinching".

The Quilliam Foundation are a widely respected organisation and the report was co authored by a British Asian, Haras Rafiq.

It is deeply disturbing that 84% of all people convicted since 2005 for the specific crime of gang grooming were Asian whilst the the overall percentage of British Asians are just 6%. There is a problem that needs to be discussed. Unfortunately people are frightened to start this conversation. Labour MP Sarah Champion tried to start the conversation and was sacked from the shadow cabinet for it.

If, like me, you believe that immigration is positive for the country both culturally and economically then I think you also have to address some of the negative elements, especially those of sexism, homophobia and anti semitism. If we don't have this conversation then we can't change this pattern of behaviour, the resentment will fester and we will end up with a Trump in this country.

"Everyone"?

All child abuse is abhorrent and should be policed properly. All children should be protected.

Identifying patterns of abuse and addressing those of course should be addressed. and providing better protection for all children should be paramount.

It was quite encouraging to see the papers reporting all aspects of the report, and referencing other similar reports.

However I do think statistics should be used more carefully, and always used to help understand a problem, and not to be misused in ways to frame arguments, that can then go on to actually inform policy or peoples thoughts.
I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:20 - Dec 11 with 3543 viewsSpruceMoose

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 18:03 - Dec 10 by blue_oyster

Independent thought is not allowed on here. The Thought Police are in regular patrol.

Pipe down, Thicky, the grown ups are talking.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:43 - Dec 11 with 3543 viewsnoggin

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 19:30 - Dec 10 by giant_stow

Interesting that no one's had the gonads to address the non-benters subject matter there. Not sure I fancy it either (!) but I think I heard on the radio that this report was produced by the quilliam foundation?

To be honest, my post was more about benters than the subject matter.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:47 - Dec 11 with 3537 viewsHerbivore

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:43 - Dec 11 by noggin

That was how it came across, which is why the majority of responses were also about Benters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:21 - Dec 11 with 3459 viewsGlasgowBlue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:43 - Dec 11 by noggin

So you thought you would use the subject of sexual assault against children to score an internet point over a bloke that no longer posts on here?

I think that says more about you than it does Benters tbh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:27 - Dec 11 with 3483 viewshype313

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:21 - Dec 11 by GlasgowBlue

So you thought you would use the subject of sexual assault against children to score an internet point over a bloke that no longer posts on here?

I think that says more about you than it does Benters tbh.

Disgraceful.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:50 - Dec 11 with 3443 viewsjeera

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 14:47 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

That was how it came across, which is why the majority of responses were also about Benters.

That's GB for you isn't it?

He loves a bit of playground stirring.

Following me about since we fell out. I stick him on ignore, and he responds by following me about down-voting my posts and rallying support.

GB. You've been on ignore for awhile. Take the hint. Go away.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:52 - Dec 11 with 3453 viewsnoggin

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:50 - Dec 11 by jeera

Following me about since we fell out. I stick him on ignore, and he responds by following me about down-voting my posts and rallying support.

It's great with him on ignore. He gets so frustrated.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:53 - Dec 11 with 3434 viewsjeera

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:52 - Dec 11 by noggin

It's great with him on ignore. He gets so frustrated.

Best place for him.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 3422 viewsGlasgowBlue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:50 - Dec 11 by jeera

Oh dear.

Iron Lion Zion

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:55 - Dec 11 with 3416 viewsGlasgowBlue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:53 - Dec 11 by jeera

Best place for him.

Has me on ignore. Can't stop talking about me.

Very sad.

Iron Lion Zion

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:55 - Dec 11 with 3435 viewsnoggin

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:53 - Dec 11 by jeera

Best place for him.

I'm told he still replies to my posts, even though he knows I can't read it. Make of that what you will.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:59 - Dec 11 with 3408 viewsjeera

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 15:55 - Dec 11 by noggin

I'm told he still replies to my posts, even though he knows I can't read it. Make of that what you will.

It's his board you know.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 16:29 - Dec 11 with 3383 viewsBlueLikeJazz

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 11:22 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Many threats have been issued. Usually under the banner of people being 'offended' by an opinion. Which we all know is how your censor what someone has to say.

*No-one* has censored you or attempted to censor you. They have pointed out when you've been talking blatant bollox, but that's not the same thing.
I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:05 - Dec 11 with 3328 viewsblue_oyster

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 16:29 - Dec 11 by BlueLikeJazz

*No-one* has censored you or attempted to censor you. They have pointed out when you've been talking blatant bollox, but that's not the same thing.

No, of course it's not. Not subjective at all, that.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 3309 viewsBlueLikeJazz

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:05 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

No, of course it's not. Not subjective at all, that.

2+2=5 is objectively wrong. Like most of your posts.
I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:32 - Dec 11 with 3291 viewsSpruceMoose

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:29 - Dec 11 by BlueLikeJazz

Go easy, he's a little thin skinned when it comes to criticism.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 23:27 - Dec 11 with 3219 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 18:29 - Dec 10 by Darth_Koont

Stop blubbing. If you post crap be prepared to be called out on it.

Proper debate, my @rse.

says the man who called me racist. GFY.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 23:55 - Dec 11 with 3194 viewsDarth_Koont

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 23:27 - Dec 11 by Jonnosdreadlocks

says the man who called me racist. GFY.

No.

And I'll keep saying it as long as you keep coming out with your tripe. You've earned it.

Pronouns: He/Him

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 00:19 - Dec 12 with 3178 viewsblue_oyster

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 17:29 - Dec 11 by BlueLikeJazz

Give examples.

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 00:33 - Dec 12 with 3166 viewseireblue

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 00:19 - Dec 12 by blue_oyster

Give examples.

Trying to prove a positive assertion with negative statements.

Logical fallacy. Objectively wrong.
I miss Benters and his news updates. on 07:06 - Dec 12 with 3113 viewsblue_oyster

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 00:33 - Dec 12 by eireblue

Trying to prove a positive assertion with negative statements.

Logical fallacy. Objectively wrong.

Where?

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 08:15 - Dec 12 with 3087 viewsBlueLikeJazz

I miss Benters and his news updates. on 07:06 - Dec 12 by blue_oyster

Where?

Do you really think everyone is going to go on playing your tragic little game forever so you can frot yourself silly and claim you 'won the internet' with this pathetic behaviour? Seriously, get help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024