Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers 12:56 - Dec 10 with 3195 viewsCurrie10

The main issue for me is the others in the league are clearly going to spend ££££ and strengthen, whereas what are we really likely to do? Perhaps get 2 more in. Clear as day to me we could do with a commanding CB - issue being Chambers is captain / won't be dropped although I'd love someone in to work alongside Webster.....

Leeds + Boro who have just edged us I can see spending. Wendy may well have sacked Carlos by then, they'll be on the warpath. The yellow lot up the road I still feel could click though a big ask for them to make up 10 points.

On the flip side - Do Cardiff / Bristol City / Sheff Utd have staying power? Blades are going through a bit of a sticky patch. I'd say Cardiff will certainly be top 6 with Warnock taking them on their adventure, perhaps Bristol City COULD fall away - but they may well spend if they need to.

I just think it's going to be a bit of an uphill battle second half of the season.

That said, if we can keep Didsy fit for the second half, have better luck with the rest of the squad injury wise then you never know.

January transfers on 12:42 - Dec 11 with 2915 views26_Paz

I don't think we need to bring that much in ... as you say, a bit of cover at the back aside and I don't think we'll find better than we've got in the price range that ME would realistically spend.
What we do need to do is keep everyone and hope for better luck injury wise. As you say with everyone fit we might be able to get a run going and then you just never know ...

The Paz Man

January transfers on 13:06 - Dec 11 with 2857 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I personally feel that if Mick is off in the summer that we wont see any transfer dealings in January as any potential money will be saved for the new manager coming in next summer (what little that will be anyway).

Mick might be able to bring in a loan signing or maybe someone that is out of contract etc but I reckon that will be your lot IMO.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

January transfers on 13:09 - Dec 11 with 2844 viewsHerbivore

There's no point in spending just because others are. For me we need CB cover and, in an ideal world, another wide option. Even without those the squad is fine, we're in touch having spent large chunks of the season missing several first team squad members.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I fully expect Scrooge McEvans to.... on 13:28 - Dec 11 with 2809 viewsBloots

...hold onto his £87 in luncheon vouchers and give them to the next poor sod he talks into being our manager.

Onwards and upwards.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

January transfers on 14:05 - Dec 11 with 2773 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm expecting:

In:

Moore returning
Goldson or similar as CB cover

Out:

Rowe loan

Feb 1st:

Meltdown

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

January transfers on 14:13 - Dec 11 with 2754 viewschicoazul

January transfers on 14:05 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

I'm expecting:

In:

Moore returning
Goldson or similar as CB cover

Out:

Rowe loan

Feb 1st:

Meltdown

Kieffer Moore hasnt scored since Mick said he would be bringing him back in January. I dont see where he would get in the team anyway, be far better for him to stay there the rest of the season and play regularly.
I'd like a CB in in Jan but let's face it, it wont make that much difference. We will still finish about 10th.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

January transfers on 14:33 - Dec 11 with 2729 viewsParisBlue

January transfers on 14:13 - Dec 11 by chicoazul

Kieffer Moore hasnt scored since Mick said he would be bringing him back in January. I dont see where he would get in the team anyway, be far better for him to stay there the rest of the season and play regularly.
I'd like a CB in in Jan but let's face it, it wont make that much difference. We will still finish about 10th.

Moore for sent off and a 3 match ban. I'd like to see him stay at Rotherham or be sold for decent profit. Not convinced he's championship level.

Think he's cup tied as well.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

January transfers on 15:50 - Dec 11 with 2681 views26_Paz

January transfers on 14:33 - Dec 11 by ParisBlue

Moore for sent off and a 3 match ban. I'd like to see him stay at Rotherham or be sold for decent profit. Not convinced he's championship level.

That will rule him out of the one FA Cup game we'll have ... doubt it will have much of a bearing on the decision to bring him back or not!

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

January transfers on 16:18 - Dec 11 with 2634 viewsconnorscontract

If we're within 4 or 5 points of play off places then it would be a worthwhile gamble to spend. 6 or more points away and probably not. Or if we can sign up a good long term prospect for a moderate fee because they are out of contract in the summer, then it might be worth securing them and integrating them ahead of next season.

We've got goals in us. A permanent Right Back is the main priority, or a two footed Wing Back who can play on either side.
January transfers on 16:19 - Dec 11 with 2632 viewshoppy

January transfers on 14:33 - Dec 11 by ParisBlue

But why isn't he scoring during his ban? He can't be that good....

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

January transfers on 16:22 - Dec 11 with 2626 viewsPhilTWTD

January transfers on 15:50 - Dec 11 by 26_Paz

That will rule him out of the one FA Cup game we'll have ... doubt it will have much of a bearing on the decision to bring him back or not!

He's cup-tied. Will play a couple more games for Rotherham after his ban anyway.

Just checked and he's scored twice since Mick said he was planning to bring him back!

McCarthy: League One Top Scorer Moore Likely to Return to Town at Christmas 26th Oct 2017 15:33
Blues boss Mick McCarthy says striker Kieffer Moore is more likely to return to Portman Road at Christmas than continue his loan spell with Rotherham if he continues scoring goals. The 25-year-old is the top scorer in League One having hit the net 11 times in 14 starts and one sub appearance. 24

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=70655
January transfers on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2581 viewsPilgrimblue

January transfers on 16:22 - Dec 11 by PhilTWTD

He's cup-tied. Will play a couple more games for Rotherham after his ban anyway.

Just checked and he's scored twice since Mick said he was planning to bring him back!

McCarthy: League One Top Scorer Moore Likely to Return to Town at Christmas 26th Oct 2017 15:33
Blues boss Mick McCarthy says striker Kieffer Moore is more likely to return to Portman Road at Christmas than continue his loan spell with Rotherham if he continues scoring goals. The 25-year-old is the top scorer in League One having hit the net 11 times in 14 starts and one sub appearance. 24

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=70655

Can't believe we allowed him to be cup tied when we're recalling him. Would be ideal to play him in Cup game but alas!
While Mick may have a look at him, I doubt he'll play much and expect him to return to Rotherham or be sold.
January transfers on 19:07 - Dec 11 with 2487 viewsCurrie10

January transfers on 13:09 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

There's no point in spending just because others are. For me we need CB cover and, in an ideal world, another wide option. Even without those the squad is fine, we're in touch having spent large chunks of the season missing several first team squad members.

CB COVER?! COVER?! We're leaking goals, despite the amount of saves Bart is making at a rate of knots at present. We cannot continue scoring for fun considering the amount of chances we create also I would think.

* 2 at Boro
* 2 H to Forest
* Clean sheet at Derby. Good! Rearguard action worked but they were wasteful.
* 2 at Villa
* 2 H to Wendy
* 2 at Hull!

We've conceded 10 in 6 games, it's utterly ridiculous. Never replaced Berra. Was vocal about it in the summer just gone and thought a leaky defence would ensue. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd score as many as we have this term, but I think if we've any chance of top 6 this season and I'm not convinced we do - a commanding CB is an absolute must.

I like Webster and would like him to play - issue being Chambers is 100% going to start so if we did sign what I'm asking we do - then the new CB / Chambers combination at CB would be the only way to accomodate this unless Chambers goes back to RB!

I'm not suggesting spending for the sake of it - I think we do need some investment with perhaps 2 additions. Not sure as to the other position as K.Moore could hit the ground running so that would be like a new striker and with system I cannot see another out and out winger being signed - I think system issues are Rowe's biggest problem being here.

Just feel others are going to improve/ strengthen so I'm a little concerned by this moving forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024