Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good people of TWTD 15:16 - Dec 10 with 51305 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm thinking of giving up alcohol for a year. Am I mad? Will life not be worth living? Anyone done similar?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good people of TWTD on 11:24 - Dec 11 with 4758 viewsRyorry

Good people of TWTD on 11:17 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

If you don’t know the side effects of cannabis, who is going to look after you if it fries your brain?

I'm the living evidence that using it had no side effects.

It didn't fry my brain, I have proof of that via the several years of OU studies & degree that I got later.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good people of TWTD on 11:25 - Dec 11 with 4754 viewsBackToRussia

Good people of TWTD on 11:24 - Dec 11 by Ryorry

It didn't fry my brain, I have proof of that via the several years of OU studies & degree that I got later.

Good stuff Ryorry. He'll now have to invent some absurd hypothesis as to why degrees have no value whatsoever.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Good people of TWTD on 11:27 - Dec 11 with 4750 viewsRyorry

Good people of TWTD on 11:25 - Dec 11 by BackToRussia

Good stuff Ryorry. He'll now have to invent some absurd hypothesis as to why degrees have no value whatsoever.

Good people of TWTD on 11:27 - Dec 11 with 4750 viewslowhouseblue

the scientific evidence* is that the risk is related to genetics and to age - it is much higher for those under 25.

* i know, i know, who cares about scientists and evidence.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good people of TWTD on 11:31 - Dec 11 with 4740 viewsRyorry

Good people of TWTD on 11:27 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

the scientific evidence* is that the risk is related to genetics and to age - it is much higher for those under 25.

It was when I was 24 that I mostly took it!! But in small doses, and not very frequently, which may have had more to do with it.

Good people of TWTD on 11:33 - Dec 11 with 4730 viewsBackToRussia

All drugs have characteristics like this. The doors of labs should be open rather than slammed shut to all drugs so we can determine their worth or risk properly, and not based on political ideology or stereotypical images of drugs.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Good people of TWTD on 11:37 - Dec 11 with 4717 viewsblue_oyster

Wow, a new scientific approach. In the same way that smokers who don’t have cancer are the living proof that it’s harmless. Really with this drivel?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

wow on 11:42 - Dec 11 with 4701 viewsgiant_stow

wow on 11:19 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

hes right dear. You write off cannabis so quickly as illegal but ignore other legal drugs that cause far more problems (the opiods epidemic in America, or booze here for example). use it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Good people of TWTD on 11:44 - Dec 11 with 4697 viewsBackToRussia

Good people of TWTD on 11:20 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Really? So how come morphine is so readily used?

Yes, really. Morphine is used because it is the only painkiller we have.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Good people of TWTD on 11:46 - Dec 11 with 4685 viewsLord_Lucan

Good people of TWTD on 11:44 - Dec 11 by BackToRussia

Yes, really. Morphine is used because it is the only painkiller we have.

And bloody good it is to. I had to resort to Oramorph for a toothache recently.

Tremendous stuff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

wow on 11:47 - Dec 11 with 4679 viewsblue_oyster

wow on 11:42 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

hes right dear. You write off cannabis so quickly as illegal but ignore other legal drugs that cause far more problems (the opiods epidemic in America, or booze here for example). use it.

He didn’t make a point. This was why it was so dull. I’m sure other legal drugs do cause major issues. But this wasn’t my point.

Good people of TWTD on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 4679 viewsBackToRussia

Good people of TWTD on 11:46 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

And bloody good it is to. I had to resort to Oramorph for a toothache recently.

Tremendous stuff.

Yes, really is a bit of a miracle drug. And from the latex of a poppy flower no less.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Good people of TWTD on 11:52 - Dec 11 with 4667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good people of TWTD on 08:34 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

I know I would really miss wine, especially with my food as it does increase the eating experience (at least for me it does).

I also love ales so would miss that although I've never liked spirits which is where I fear a lot of the problems are encountered.

Luckily I'm not planning on giving up either of the first two anytime soon although I did do a dry January once.

SB

My taste buds changed because of it. I used to drink white wine but can't touch it now unless it has bubbles. I can only drink bottle beer and hate draught.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

wow on 11:58 - Dec 11 with 4650 viewsgiant_stow

wow on 11:47 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

He didn’t make a point. This was why it was so dull. I’m sure other legal drugs do cause major issues. But this wasn’t my point.

For an independent thinker such as yourself, I'm just surprised you define a drug's value by whether its legal or not. That's why bringing in legal drugs is relevant. Also remember this is partly a territory thing too - I believe Cannabis *is* legal for medical uses in many US states.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

wow on 12:04 - Dec 11 with 4634 viewsblue_oyster

wow on 11:58 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

For an independent thinker such as yourself, I'm just surprised you define a drug's value by whether its legal or not. That's why bringing in legal drugs is relevant. Also remember this is partly a territory thing too - I believe Cannabis *is* legal for medical uses in many US states.

It's a very strong indicator on whether it's right or wrong to take it. What you're seeing in the US are the results of powerful drug lobbies trying to open the floodgates to legalise cannabis, for their own selfish profit.

wow on 12:12 - Dec 11 with 4614 viewsBackToRussia

wow on 12:04 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

It's a very strong indicator on whether it's right or wrong to take it. What you're seeing in the US are the results of powerful drug lobbies trying to open the floodgates to legalise cannabis, for their own selfish profit.

Can you explain what rigid scientific reasoning led to psilocybin being reclassified from a Cat C drug to a Cat A drug overnight on 2005? Or the same with cannabis from C to B. Or why the government sacked the head of one of the few scientific studies done on illegal drugs in the last 50 years.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

wow on 12:17 - Dec 11 with 4613 viewsgiant_stow

I can well believe you might be right about powerful drug's companies and their motivations to make more profit, but then can't you see how that'll apply to other legal drugs and keeping those legal too? ie ciggies, booze and Opiates?

I would say everyone has to make their own minds up, with legal matters only being one of the things to consider. For example, i wouldn't grow anything of my own as the paneltiies for getting caught seem oddly stiff. That makes no sense though as allowing the growth of Cannabis for personal use would at a stroke do away with organised crime being involved in that trade.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:18]

Good people of TWTD on 12:52 - Dec 11 with 4570 viewsJohnny_Boy

Good people of TWTD on 10:50 - Dec 11 by Dyland

Same. I don't go to the pub if I'm not drinking. Long walks instead, and writing.

I've found staring into space is actually quite pleasant when sober.

Last week I agreed to help a friend out with some driving duties. Paid gig. Long story, but it involved driving from Berlin to Dortmund. 6hrs each way.

We departed yesterday at 11am. With hindsight, we should have left at 6am.

A huge snowstorm caused accidents on the motorway & we sat in gridlocked traffic for 4hrs.
Our original planned arrival time of 3pm ended up being more like 8pm. The journey ended up taking 16hrs door to door & I didn't get home to Berlin till 4am this morning.

The hire car was decent & I quite enjoyed the drive. Got me thinking if I ever decided to give up the booze - I'd happily drive to every away Town match + take a few others for petrol costs.
The only problem is, I love beer as much as I love footy. I know it's a thouroughly depressing statement, but i don't think I'd enjoy myself unless I had a stack of beers onboard the train, heading up to some far flung jaunt. Pathetic isn't it.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:55]
wow on 13:02 - Dec 11 with 4555 viewsDanTheMan

The powerful drug lobbies trying to legalise something you can grow at home.

Yes, I can see why they'd love that. Definitely their MO.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good people of TWTD on 13:07 - Dec 11 with 4549 viewsHerbivore

Yep, the latest research suggests there's a specific gene that places you at risk of developing mental health problems if you use cannabis in your younger years. If we had an informed approach to such matters we could educate people about this risk (including the prevalence of the gene) and work to avoid young people getting involved with cannabis when they are in those high risk years. Give it a decade or so and we'll probably all have our own genetic passport telling us what we may and may not be predisposed to and then if you have the risky gene you can simply avoid cannabis. Plenty of other good sh!t out there aside from cannabis.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

far from pathetic Johnners on 13:11 - Dec 11 with 4544 viewsDyland

Good people of TWTD on 12:52 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

Last week I agreed to help a friend out with some driving duties. Paid gig. Long story, but it involved driving from Berlin to Dortmund. 6hrs each way.

We departed yesterday at 11am. With hindsight, we should have left at 6am.

A huge snowstorm caused accidents on the motorway & we sat in gridlocked traffic for 4hrs.
Our original planned arrival time of 3pm ended up being more like 8pm. The journey ended up taking 16hrs door to door & I didn't get home to Berlin till 4am this morning.

The hire car was decent & I quite enjoyed the drive. Got me thinking if I ever decided to give up the booze - I'd happily drive to every away Town match + take a few others for petrol costs.
The only problem is, I love beer as much as I love footy. I know it's a thouroughly depressing statement, but i don't think I'd enjoy myself unless I had a stack of beers onboard the train, heading up to some far flung jaunt. Pathetic isn't it.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:55]

Especially bearing in mind we support ITFC ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Good people of TWTD on 13:15 - Dec 11 with 4537 viewsDyland

Good people of TWTD on 11:25 - Dec 11 by BackToRussia

He's a deep thinker for sure.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

wow on 13:17 - Dec 11 with 4536 viewsblue_oyster

wow on 12:12 - Dec 11 by BackToRussia

Can you explain what rigid scientific reasoning led to psilocybin being reclassified from a Cat C drug to a Cat A drug overnight on 2005? Or the same with cannabis from C to B. Or why the government sacked the head of one of the few scientific studies done on illegal drugs in the last 50 years.

'Categories' of untested and harmful drugs are meaningless. There are mainly there for political purposes, which is why they move with no further knowledge on the subject. Drugs either have certain side effects or they don't.

wow on 13:19 - Dec 11 with 4525 viewsblue_oyster

wow on 12:17 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

I can well believe you might be right about powerful drug's companies and their motivations to make more profit, but then can't you see how that'll apply to other legal drugs and keeping those legal too? ie ciggies, booze and Opiates?

I would say everyone has to make their own minds up, with legal matters only being one of the things to consider. For example, i wouldn't grow anything of my own as the paneltiies for getting caught seem oddly stiff. That makes no sense though as allowing the growth of Cannabis for personal use would at a stroke do away with organised crime being involved in that trade.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:18]

Indeed, taking cannabis comes down to morals, which laws are derived from.

wow on 13:21 - Dec 11 with 4518 viewsblue_oyster

wow on 13:02 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

The powerful drug lobbies trying to legalise something you can grow at home.

Yes, I can see why they'd love that. Definitely their MO.

You can grow your own carrots at home, so I suspect that nobody goes out and buys them? Do you have any more stupid arguments?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024