Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose Mourinho 22:13 - Dec 10 with 6179 viewsnshearman1

What a total prat. It's always someone else's fault, generally the ref's. The bitter excuses of this charmless man.
Jose Mourinho on 22:16 - Dec 10 with 6161 viewsJ2BLUE

Klopp's interview was disgusting as well. If English managers acted like that we'd think they were idiots. When foreign managers do it we think they're winners and consider it part of their charm. It's tedious. Conte, Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola and Wenger are all children when their teams don't win.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jose Mourinho on 22:46 - Dec 10 with 6091 viewsfactual_blue

Jose Mourinho on 22:16 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

Klopp's interview was disgusting as well. If English managers acted like that we'd think they were idiots. When foreign managers do it we think they're winners and consider it part of their charm. It's tedious. Conte, Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola and Wenger are all children when their teams don't win.

Am I right in thinking Sam Allardyce has always been perfectly sanguine about penalty decisions ?

*Searches for his post-match interview after the play-off semi-final*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jose Mourinho on 00:47 - Dec 11 with 6012 viewsIllinoisblue

I like Klopp but he was a tw@t in that interview. His failure to win was all on him and his ridiculous “rotation” of his best players. Soft penalty yes, but Lovren didn’t need to put his hand on the Everton player. Klopp should be more annoyed with Mane’s selfish stupid play that cost them going 2-0 ahead.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jose Mourinho on 06:57 - Dec 11 with 5924 viewsbluewein

Agreed to a point, but when the guy asking the questions turns round and says “we can’t change anything in an interview” it makes you wonder what the point of the interviews are after a game.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Jose Mourinho on 07:27 - Dec 11 with 5873 viewschristiand

Jose Mourinho on 00:47 - Dec 11 by Illinoisblue

I like Klopp but he was a tw@t in that interview. His failure to win was all on him and his ridiculous “rotation” of his best players. Soft penalty yes, but Lovren didn’t need to put his hand on the Everton player. Klopp should be more annoyed with Mane’s selfish stupid play that cost them going 2-0 ahead.

This is the part of modern football that really grates me. Klopp needs to look more at the failings of his own players rather than the match officials for the reason his side drew that game. The fact Lovren has put his hands on the Everton striker, who was going nowhere, completely idiotic from an international defender and asking for the referee to make a decision - that was poor from his own player! Then you have Mourinho having the audacity to complain about Man City players diving and then saying that Oliver (who officiated the game really well IMO) should've awarded a penalty for Herrera's atrocious dive when you can see he has deliberately left his foot in so he can manufacture a penalty. That's ok then?! Mourinho has spent millions on that side and they looked bang average, play long ball rubbish and they were a distant second to City. Nothing to do with how the team was managed for that defeat then? Just a complete lack of class.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 7:56]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Jose Mourinho on 07:59 - Dec 11 with 5812 viewsbournemouthblue

Jose Mourinho on 00:47 - Dec 11 by Illinoisblue

Two people free and he blazed it wide. It was harder do that than either score or square it
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 7:59]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jose Mourinho on 08:01 - Dec 11 with 5805 viewsHerbivore

Jose Mourinho on 07:27 - Dec 11 by christiand

This is the part of modern football that really grates me. Klopp needs to look more at the failings of his own players rather than the match officials for the reason his side drew that game. The fact Lovren has put his hands on the Everton striker, who was going nowhere, completely idiotic from an international defender and asking for the referee to make a decision - that was poor from his own player! Then you have Mourinho having the audacity to complain about Man City players diving and then saying that Oliver (who officiated the game really well IMO) should've awarded a penalty for Herrera's atrocious dive when you can see he has deliberately left his foot in so he can manufacture a penalty. That's ok then?! Mourinho has spent millions on that side and they looked bang average, play long ball rubbish and they were a distant second to City. Nothing to do with how the team was managed for that defeat then? Just a complete lack of class.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 7:56]

Completely agree. Mourinho blaming the ref for not giving a penalty when it was never a penalty in a million years was plain ridiculous. City won because they are light years ahead of United despite their spending being similar since Pep and Jose came to Manchester, he can't handle the way that Pep is able to get his sides winning by playing such expansive record and he hates that his park the bus anti-football doesn't really work against Pep. He's utterly classless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jose Mourinho on 08:11 - Dec 11 with 5789 viewsJohnny_Boy

Considering he is standing where he is today after being schooled everything he knows about the game from his important time with Sir Bobby Robson, one trait he never got from the great-man was humility in defeat. Being gracious after a defeat. Being able to give an honest appraisal when you've personally been beaten by the better team.

Now, he may have once had it - but time has jaded that completely from him.

A real shame.
Login to get fewer ads

Jose Mourinho on 08:37 - Dec 11 with 5728 viewsNo9

Jose Mourinho on 22:46 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

Am I right in thinking Sam Allardyce has always been perfectly sanguine about penalty decisions ?

*Searches for his post-match interview after the play-off semi-final*

Difficult not to see the standard of ref's in the Eglish game is very low
Wonder if the clubs would all be preparred to lose a £million of TV fees by donation to set up a Ref's uni?
Jose Mourinho on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 5725 viewsGuthrum

Jose Mourinho on 08:11 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

Considering he is standing where he is today after being schooled everything he knows about the game from his important time with Sir Bobby Robson, one trait he never got from the great-man was humility in defeat. Being gracious after a defeat. Being able to give an honest appraisal when you've personally been beaten by the better team.

Now, he may have once had it - but time has jaded that completely from him.

A real shame.

Robson knew he had the freedom to do that, because back then - and especially with the Cobbolds as owners - he wasn't going to lose his job over it.

Plus extreme self-belief and chutzpah are Mourinho's main talents as a manger.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jose Mourinho on 08:50 - Dec 11 with 5711 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jose Mourinho on 08:42 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Robson knew he had the freedom to do that, because back then - and especially with the Cobbolds as owners - he wasn't going to lose his job over it.

Plus extreme self-belief and chutzpah are Mourinho's main talents as a manger.

You can't tell me Robson enjoyed losing. He hated it. He had pressures during his managerial career like every manager has had. He could have simply blamed Maradona for the 86 exit. He didn't.
Jose Mourinho on 08:54 - Dec 11 with 5698 viewschristiand

Jose Mourinho on 08:50 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

You can't tell me Robson enjoyed losing. He hated it. He had pressures during his managerial career like every manager has had. He could have simply blamed Maradona for the 86 exit. He didn't.

Robson could also blame that unbelievable clearance off the line by the Argentine defender when we all thought Gary Lineker had missed the header with the score 2-1 in the dying minutes of the match - a terrific bit of defending which is often forgotten.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Jose Mourinho on 09:00 - Dec 11 with 5692 viewsGuthrum

Jose Mourinho on 08:50 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

Not at all. And he always seemed genuinely humble in a way Mourinho is unlikely to ever be.

My point was more that the ManU boss is afeared of losing his job and that the flip side of an arrogant certainty of winning is an abrogation of blame when it doesn't work.

Jose Mourinho on 09:22 - Dec 11 with 5659 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jose Mourinho on 09:00 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Not at all. And he always seemed genuinely humble in a way Mourinho is unlikely to ever be.

My point was more that the ManU boss is afeared of losing his job and that the flip side of an arrogant certainty of winning is an abrogation of blame when it doesn't work.

But he's been doing this 'act' at Chelsea (twice), Inter & Real. You think he seriously bowed down to pressure at any of those clubs? I don't think he has. Which, whilst being successful in the short-term, can't be ingrained for the long haul.

I think the only real job he feared about losing was during his time at Porto.
Yes, he had a seige mentality, but I don't think it was anything like he has now.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 9:30]
Jose Mourinho on 09:25 - Dec 11 with 5651 viewsfactual_blue

Jose Mourinho on 08:37 - Dec 11 by No9

Difficult not to see the standard of ref's in the Eglish game is very low
Wonder if the clubs would all be preparred to lose a £million of TV fees by donation to set up a Ref's uni?

The standard of referees in the English game is very high. What managers say they want - consistency - is unachievable. Partly, of course, because what they really mean is 'we don't want any decisions given against us'.

(The other main reason is the 'perfection' they seek is impossible)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jose Mourinho on 09:34 - Dec 11 with 5636 viewsHerbivore

Jose Mourinho on 09:25 - Dec 11 by factual_blue

The standard of referees in the English game is very high. What managers say they want - consistency - is unachievable. Partly, of course, because what they really mean is 'we don't want any decisions given against us'.

(The other main reason is the 'perfection' they seek is impossible)

Michael Oliver had a good game, he probably should have booked de Jesus for a dive but otherwise he didn't get a lot wrong and that was hardly a major error.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jose Mourinho on 10:05 - Dec 11 with 5589 viewsGuthrum

Jose Mourinho on 09:22 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

But he's been doing this 'act' at Chelsea (twice), Inter & Real. You think he seriously bowed down to pressure at any of those clubs? I don't think he has. Which, whilst being successful in the short-term, can't be ingrained for the long haul.

I think the only real job he feared about losing was during his time at Porto.
Yes, he had a seige mentality, but I don't think it was anything like he has now.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 9:30]

I get the impression that Abramovich is a hard task-master in demanding success.

Jose Mourinho on 10:39 - Dec 11 with 5548 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jose Mourinho on 10:05 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

I get the impression that Abramovich is a hard task-master in demanding success.

Yes. His manager sacking ratio certainly acknowledges that.
To be fair to him, it's worked - if you look at the silverware & Chelsea's history books of stuff won.

I still don't think Jose conformed to that in either of his spells.
Jose Mourinho on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 5424 viewsBlueNomad

Pochetinno is by far the classiest foreign manager. I do like Klopp's enthusiasm too.
Jose Mourinho on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 5315 viewsVaughan8

Mourinho being a sore loser? I can't believe it.

The fact his team were in the ref's face at every foul/free kick is awful. I think he's just annoyed that, that tactic didn't work. Man City should have probably won by more and dominated the game. He is just a sore loser really.

As for Klopp, just looking for someone to blame. Despite his team selection, they should have been out of sight anyway. But if you change a lot of the team and don't win, you are open to criticism unfortunately.
Jose Mourinho on 14:49 - Dec 11 with 5282 viewsGarv

I didn't mind Klopp's. The interviewer annoyed me by sitting on the fence and just trying to get a sound bite from Klopp. If you think it's a penalty just say it and debate it.

I don't think it was a penalty, by the way.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jose Mourinho on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 5245 viewsPendejo

Jose Mourinho on 10:39 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

Yes. His manager sacking ratio certainly acknowledges that.
To be fair to him, it's worked - if you look at the silverware & Chelsea's history books of stuff won.

I still don't think Jose conformed to that in either of his spells.

Took what Robson gave him and "added" to it, that's my take on it.

Manure have been in the face of referees at least since Fergie rocked up, with Captain Wheelchair [Bryan Robson], Ince, Keane etc. trying to influence the decisions.

Another aspect is that by attracting attention it diverts from the players.

Win by all means eh?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024