Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree 08:21 - Dec 11 with 11562 viewsSteve_M

How are they going to work if the moment something is agreed half the cabinet decide to brief to the press saying nothing is agreed and we'll renege on the bits we don't like?

Do they not realise that the rest of the World can read English? It hardly represents the UK as the outward-facing trading nation that everyone will be desperate to sign deals with.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:19 - Dec 11 with 3132 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:17 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

1/10 (if we're playing silly rules)

Out of interest, how to did you feel about the change of law regarding gay marriage? Or for that matter any change in the law?

Out of interest eh? *Loses one argument, tries to start another...*

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:20 - Dec 11 with 3126 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:18 - Dec 11 by No9

If there is one person who has been persuaded by propaganda 'tis you.

Got a cold?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 3127 viewsgiant_stow

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:19 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Out of interest eh? *Loses one argument, tries to start another...*

Absolutely the opposite - I'm almost feeling sorry for you you're taking such a hammering, but don't want to let you off as I have feeling* you weren't too happy about that law change? Yet you say the law is untouchable and must always be respected....

*forgive me if I'm wrong.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 3120 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:21 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

Absolutely the opposite - I'm almost feeling sorry for you you're taking such a hammering, but don't want to let you off as I have feeling* you weren't too happy about that law change? Yet you say the law is untouchable and must always be respected....

*forgive me if I'm wrong.

Yawn. Go and patronise someone else.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:22 - Dec 11 with 3113 viewsgiant_stow

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:21 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Yawn. Go and patronise someone else.

lost the argument?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:24 - Dec 11 with 3107 viewsSpruceMoose

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:22 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

lost the argument?

I don't think he was ever in the running to win.

It makes me chuckle when his trolling only results in winding himself up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:26 - Dec 11 with 3105 viewsgiant_stow

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:24 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

I don't think he was ever in the running to win.

It makes me chuckle when his trolling only results in winding himself up.

I got a 'yawn' so think I might be in the dog house.

Which is a shame as I actually think my Oyster brings a lot this place, but I will struggle on with my new burden.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:30 - Dec 11 with 3093 viewsSpruceMoose

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:26 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

I got a 'yawn' so think I might be in the dog house.

Which is a shame as I actually think my Oyster brings a lot this place, but I will struggle on with my new burden.

I just think he's a silken tongue Benters. Adds nothing at all, would be forgotten within seconds of departing. He's a one trick pony without a trick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:31 - Dec 11 with 3093 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:16 - Dec 11 by blueislander

The law is constantly evolving which shows that it is being challenged. Under your thought process, slavery would still be legal, and women would not have a vote for example.

I don’t see how. Care to explain?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:35 - Dec 11 with 3081 viewsHerbivore

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

A lawful society is the only way you can a have peaceful, prosperous and happy society. Anyone who desires otherwise does so for their own selfish benefit.

Have you been reading Hobbes? It's not the 17th century any more, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:40 - Dec 11 with 3065 viewsblueislander

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:31 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

I don’t see how. Care to explain?

If that needs clarification in the mind of any other posters I will explain it to you. If no one else asks for clarification I would assume that either you are incapable or unwilling to understand what I posted.
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:41 - Dec 11 with 3063 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:35 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Have you been reading Hobbes? It's not the 17th century any more, mate.

Ah, let’s us not forget Father Time who waves his magical hand of assumed morality.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:42 - Dec 11 with 3061 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:40 - Dec 11 by blueislander

If that needs clarification in the mind of any other posters I will explain it to you. If no one else asks for clarification I would assume that either you are incapable or unwilling to understand what I posted.

Or you didn’t understand what you actually wrote. But we will see.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:44 - Dec 11 with 3054 viewsHerbivore

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:41 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Ah, let’s us not forget Father Time who waves his magical hand of assumed morality.

17th century a little too progressive for you maybe? I imagine you view the Enlightenment as being foolhardy heresy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:45 - Dec 11 with 3053 viewsSpruceMoose

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:40 - Dec 11 by blueislander

For the record, I understood what you meant perfectly. A very good point indeed.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:49 - Dec 11 with 3051 viewsDyland

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:09 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

blown out of the water. sky high. into little tiny pieces.

You're just the kind of guy who drinks alcohol with his elbows all up in the air. Disgraceful.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:51 - Dec 11 with 3044 viewsblueislander

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:45 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

For the record, I understood what you meant perfectly. A very good point indeed.

Thanks for that endorsement. Usual price £15.99 + VAT?
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:52 - Dec 11 with 3040 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:44 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

17th century a little too progressive for you maybe? I imagine you view the Enlightenment as being foolhardy heresy.

Haha, the warning is in the name.

See: The Democratic Republic of Congo

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 15:04 - Dec 11 with 3021 viewsSpruceMoose

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:51 - Dec 11 by blueislander

Thanks for that endorsement. Usual price £15.99 + VAT?

On the house!

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 15:10 - Dec 11 with 3009 viewsblueislander

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 15:04 - Dec 11 by SpruceMoose

On the house!

Your generosity is exceeded only by your beauty.!
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 17:25 - Dec 11 with 2967 viewseireblue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:48 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Ha! Alas, if there only was a world where you were encouraged to think, it would be very different. Propaganda would be worthless.

Indeed. Som people need to first start with learning about logically fallacious arguments.
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 17:30 - Dec 11 with 2964 viewsSpruceMoose

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 15:10 - Dec 11 by blueislander

Your generosity is exceeded only by your beauty.!

You meant 'booty' right?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 18:18 - Dec 11 with 2950 viewshochiblue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 10:02 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Bristol, yes. Liverpool much less so (more cheese), as the slave trade was outlawed before the port really began to boom.

And my statement was correct. We were talking about exports: British people were not shipped abroad as slaves in any sizeable numbers after about the 5th century (tho a surprising number were being captured in slave raids on England by North African pirates as late as the 17th century).

Interesting. There is a well documented case of Algerian corsairs sailing into Baltimore Harbour (West of Ireland) and grabbing hundreds of people. Merchants, who could borrow money and buy their freedom: trades people who could buy their freedom through skills transfer; artisans who were stuck with being artisans; and children to be brought up in the ways of Allah!
Came across a tablet in the churchyard of the old English church in Algiers dedicated to the people of Baltimore. Best pub on the Baltimore harbourside? The Algiers Inn!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024