Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree 08:21 - Dec 11 with 11606 viewsSteve_M

How are they going to work if the moment something is agreed half the cabinet decide to brief to the press saying nothing is agreed and we'll renege on the bits we don't like?

Do they not realise that the rest of the World can read English? It hardly represents the UK as the outward-facing trading nation that everyone will be desperate to sign deals with.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 3484 viewsBlueBadger

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 09:00 - Dec 11 by No9

The real issue here is that the Brexiteers live in a bubble
Bit like rich kids at an exclusive private school

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/09/global-powers-lobby-to-stop-spe

Meanwhile, in other news, Tory rebels are planning to do something which you totally assured us wasn't going to happen.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/09/theresa-may-faces-first-brexit-

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 10:36 - Dec 11 with 3474 viewsGuthrum

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 10:04 - Dec 11 by factual_blue

I think I'm right in saying that slavery was actually only illegal in the UK after about 1997. Before then it was assumed not to exist, but the rise of human trafficking brought about the legislation.

The 1833 Act covered the whole Empire (apart from East India Company territory), so would include the UK itself. Altho it was really a non-issue within the country between the early middle ages and modern times.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 12:55 - Dec 11 with 3425 viewsSwansea_Blue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 08:52 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

Coal, steam engines, wool. We used to be great at all of those, before the EU.

Iron bridges, sailing ships, bonnets!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:02 - Dec 11 with 3418 viewsSwansea_Blue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 09:30 - Dec 11 by factual_blue

The triangular trade.

Yep, musical instruments. We can make those too.

We're sorted then. We just need to trade with a nation of bonnet-wearing, triangle players who need lots of bridges that we can ship to them on our majestic sailing vessels! In an ideal world they'd like marmite and curry too.

Excuse my flippancy, but I find some of these Guardian updates somewhat desperate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:30 - Dec 11 with 3399 viewsNo9

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 10:29 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

Meanwhile, in other news, Tory rebels are planning to do something which you totally assured us wasn't going to happen.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/09/theresa-may-faces-first-brexit-

It hasn't been done yet.
The only people who will benefit from this mess are the ADR practitioners.
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:33 - Dec 11 with 3391 viewsNo9

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 09:20 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Wasn't quite a lot of the trade directed through Liverpool at one point?

For geographical reasons
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 3387 viewseireblue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 09:31 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Just for once, read the article and think.

I think I have spotted a member of the thought police that some people have been cautioning about.
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 3369 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:35 - Dec 11 by eireblue

I think I have spotted a member of the thought police that some people have been cautioning about.

Ha! Alas, if there only was a world where you were encouraged to think, it would be very different. Propaganda would be worthless.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Login to get fewer ads

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:53 - Dec 11 with 3358 viewsHerbivore

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:48 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Ha! Alas, if there only was a world where you were encouraged to think, it would be very different. Propaganda would be worthless.

Says the man who thinks laws should be slavishly obeyed regardless of their merit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:55 - Dec 11 with 3357 viewsDyland

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:48 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Your comments about the law and drugs on that other thread makes a bit of a mockery of the idea you are some kind of free thinker.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:56 - Dec 11 with 3349 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:53 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Says the man who thinks laws should be slavishly obeyed regardless of their merit.

Want to pick and chose the ones you should obey, eh? We have an anarchist on our hands, I fancy.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:57 - Dec 11 with 3347 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:55 - Dec 11 by Dyland

Your comments about the law and drugs on that other thread makes a bit of a mockery of the idea you are some kind of free thinker.

Really, why? See if you can add something.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:58 - Dec 11 with 3341 viewsHerbivore

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:56 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Want to pick and chose the ones you should obey, eh? We have an anarchist on our hands, I fancy.

So your incredible intellect has led you to believe in unthinking obedience to all laws? Interesting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 3341 viewsDyland

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:57 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Really, why? See if you can add something.

If you don't understand why it's closed minded and quite the opposite of "free thinking" to judge things, any things, based on their legality then there's really no point discussing this with you.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 3333 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:58 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

So your incredible intellect has led you to believe in unthinking obedience to all laws? Interesting.

A lawful society is the only way you can a have peaceful, prosperous and happy society. Anyone who desires otherwise does so for their own selfish benefit.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 3333 viewsleitrimblue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 13:56 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

I submit that an individual who brakes a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr
And? on 14:04 - Dec 11 with 3331 viewsDyland

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

A lawful society is the only way you can a have peaceful, prosperous and happy society. Anyone who desires otherwise does so for their own selfish benefit.

Straw man.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:05 - Dec 11 with 3324 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 by Dyland

If you don't understand why it's closed minded and quite the opposite of "free thinking" to judge things, any things, based on their legality then there's really no point discussing this with you.

It’s quicker to type ‘I have nothing to add’.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:09 - Dec 11 with 3315 viewsgiant_stow

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 by leitrimblue

I submit that an individual who brakes a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr

blown out of the water. sky high. into little tiny pieces.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:10 - Dec 11 with 3311 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:02 - Dec 11 by leitrimblue

Martin Luther King Jr

You’d have thought that someone would have corrected his spelling mistake after all these years.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:13 - Dec 11 with 3296 viewsleitrimblue

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:10 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

You’d have thought that someone would have corrected his spelling mistake after all these years.

Believe he was very, very stoned when he wrote it
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:14 - Dec 11 with 3295 viewsblue_oyster

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:09 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

blown out of the water. sky high. into little tiny pieces.

Indeed, until the next thug mugs your granny in ‘respect’ for the law.

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:16 - Dec 11 with 3284 viewsblueislander

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:05 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

It’s quicker to type ‘I have nothing to add’.

The law is constantly evolving which shows that it is being challenged. Under your thought process, slavery would still be legal, and women would not have a vote for example.
All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:17 - Dec 11 with 3283 viewsgiant_stow

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:14 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Indeed, until the next thug mugs your granny in ‘respect’ for the law.

1/10 (if we're playing silly rules)

Out of interest, how to did you feel about the change of law regarding gay marriage? Or for that matter any change in the law?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All these new post-Brexit trade deals we're going to agree on 14:18 - Dec 11 with 3278 viewsNo9

If there is one person who has been persuaded by propaganda 'tis you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024