Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself 08:41 - Dec 11 with 2903 viewsNewcyBlue

Posting on behalf of BlueLagos.

Reading Fergal's post about going to Middlesborough on a scoot, and the fact that people wanted it to be true, (I call custard on that one) and were happy to donate to a good cause if it was true, got me thinking.

So I've decided to commit to an attempt to do something similar, for a whole season. I have the time, I love biking and hate scooters, with a passion. Be clear, they are the lowest form of 2 wheeled transport and as such, it would be a serious undertaking if I were to do it. Uncomfortable, slow, everything a proper bike isn't.

So here's your opportunity Twtd. I would be willing to fund a scoot, and give it a go, if you lot raised some serious wedge. I'd fund the bike, petrol, would probably approach a garage for sponsorship / help on the servicing.

I'd also bottle out of trips like yesterday, as in I'd book a hotel and ride back the following day. (My night vision isn't up to safely making long night rides) I'd also insist on a 125cc rather than a 50cc.

I'd insist on the charity supported being FIND the Ipswich based food bank, I have done a small bit of volunteering with them and know they are a good cause / well run.

So before I start looking for a suitable bike, I'd want to know we can raise 5k minimum. It's a lot, and I'd probably rattle a bucket at away days too. But am not doing it for anything less....

Post your comittments below and if we get half way from these...I'll commit and start looking for a bike. If not, never mind.

BlueLagos

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 08:44 - Dec 11 with 2859 viewsLord_Lucan

£5k would be a piece of p1ss IMHO.

I'm in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 08:48 - Dec 11 with 2851 viewsGuthrum

Just had a vision of the car park at Town away games looking like a cross between a Mod rally and an Italian city.

Yes, I'd contribute to that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 08:55 - Dec 11 with 2822 viewsHerbivore

I'd chip in. I'm sure there'd be some interest from the club (maybe the players and staff if not the club itself).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 09:10 - Dec 11 with 2779 viewsStokieBlue

Sounds great.

He should just come back and post it himself though, nice Christmas present for everyone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 09:38 - Dec 11 with 2727 viewsNewcyBlue

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 08:44 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

£5k would be a piece of p1ss IMHO.

I'm in.

Agreed.

I’d chip in £20 a month for the season. That’s £200 I will sponsor him to do it. Being a former mechanic I am also pretty handy on the spanners so will obviously help there if I can.

TWTDers in far flung corners of the U.K. where we have an away day nearby could offer a bed for the night too? Hopefully!

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 10:51 - Dec 11 with 2641 viewsnoggin

Being a single dad I couldn't commit to monthly payments but happily chuck a tenner in.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 10:58 - Dec 11 with 2622 viewsLord_Lucan

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 10:51 - Dec 11 by noggin

Being a single dad I couldn't commit to monthly payments but happily chuck a tenner in.

Ooh, did I skim it and not see a monthly payment bit. I'm not doing a monthly payment but would happily sling a score in every now an then.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 11:04 - Dec 11 with 2601 viewsEdwardStone

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 09:38 - Dec 11 by NewcyBlue

Agreed.

I’d chip in £20 a month for the season. That’s £200 I will sponsor him to do it. Being a former mechanic I am also pretty handy on the spanners so will obviously help there if I can.

TWTDers in far flung corners of the U.K. where we have an away day nearby could offer a bed for the night too? Hopefully!

Send him down to my place near Gloucester.....handy enuff for Cardiff and maybe Brizzle

Assuming those two teams don't get promoted!!
Login to get fewer ads

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 11:11 - Dec 11 with 2576 viewsNewcyBlue

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 10:58 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

Ooh, did I skim it and not see a monthly payment bit. I'm not doing a monthly payment but would happily sling a score in every now an then.

Nah not a monthly payment mate. Just I would donate £20 a month to his cause over the season.

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 11:55 - Dec 11 with 2526 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Would put in £10/month as long as I'm earning and as mentioned have a lovely Honda Melody (50 ) in need of a challenge!
Being a true believer I'm still awaiting Fergal's recovery pictures later today !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 12:20 - Dec 11 with 2480 viewsGlasgowBlue

Count me in.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 22:41 - Dec 11 with 2253 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A BlueLagos challenge, from the great man himself on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 2166 viewsbluejake78

Spread the £ raised to another/other charities and I'm in.
Whilst I appreciate FIND, it is an Ipswich charity but many fans don't live in Ipswich (especially the richer ones )
Maybe a poll to find other(s) to widen the net. Sir Bob's cancer charity springs to mind.I think this effects every ITFC fan and we can do the hard sell on future opponent's fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024