Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wireless HDMI 13:22 - Dec 11 with 2435 viewsGlasgowBlue

In my quest to live in a wire free home I am looking for something that sends an HDMI signal from something like an apple TV box or Sky Box to my TV without the need for an HDMI cable. The internet seems a bit vague about this. Is their such a solution?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wireless HDMI on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 2421 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-full-hd-1080p-wireless-hdmi-video-sender-a82wf

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Wireless HDMI on 13:27 - Dec 11 with 2410 viewsDanTheMan

Is this going into different rooms? Through walls basically. As that'll mean you won't really be able to use certain standards.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Wireless HDMI on 13:29 - Dec 11 with 2407 viewsJohnny_Boy

Hmmm. Not an expert at this, but wouldn't 'Mirroring' be an option?

With the right APP, I can Mirror what's on my iPhone/Android/laptop/etc to my TV using the homeWIFI. Surely, that must be possible to mirror what's coming through on your SKY box, to your TV.

In regards to hardware? No idea. Maybe a Slingbox? Never used one before. Maybe someone on here has one.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 13:31]
Wireless HDMI on 13:45 - Dec 11 with 2350 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wireless HDMI on 13:27 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

Is this going into different rooms? Through walls basically. As that'll mean you won't really be able to use certain standards.

Same room. I have a TV on the wall and a satellite Box and apple TV in the corner of the room. My HDMI cables are behind the skirting boards but when I took them off the last time to hide the power cables for my sonos soundbar I damaged the HDMI cable from the apple TV that was plugged into the TV. Didn't notice this until I'd glued the skirting back on and I really don't want to be pulling the skirting off again as it takes a piece of the wall away every time I do it.

Other than finding a way to fix the HDMI lead (the lead has loads of wires hanging out of it and the part that plugs into the TV has come away) then a wireless solution is the next stage. Newcy's suggestion looks a little pricey though. Is it relatively new tech that may come down in the future?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 13:45]

Iron Lion Zion

Wireless HDMI on 13:46 - Dec 11 with 2343 viewsJohnny_Boy

Wireless HDMI on 13:26 - Dec 11 by NewcyBlue

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-full-hd-1080p-wireless-hdmi-video-sender-a82wf

£200?!?

'Kin ell!
Wireless HDMI on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 2340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wireless HDMI on 13:46 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

£200?!?

'Kin ell!

That's what I thought. The alternative I have found is to buy an HDMI switch at £30 but it's another remote control to have laying about the place.

Iron Lion Zion

Wireless HDMI on 13:59 - Dec 11 with 2318 viewsJohnny_Boy

Wireless HDMI on 13:48 - Dec 11 by GlasgowBlue

That's what I thought. The alternative I have found is to buy an HDMI switch at £30 but it's another remote control to have laying about the place.

I did a bit of research into the Slingbox 500...

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/Slingbox500/Features.aspx

There's a video on there.

Basically, you subscribe to all the channels anyway through SKY, you plug your Slingbox into your Sky Box, download the free Slingbox app onto your TVs + Laptop + Tablet + phone. Then you can stream any of your SKY content onto any of your platforms. Also, if you go abroad, you can log into your account & watch your home SKY box remotely. Plug your Apple TV in there too. You can also put your MP3 collection on there.

$300 new, $150 second hand. Not cheap. But you get a damn sight more for your money than that poxy £200 piece of cable!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 14:05]
Wireless HDMI on 14:07 - Dec 11 with 2300 viewsDanTheMan

Wireless HDMI on 13:45 - Dec 11 by GlasgowBlue

Same room. I have a TV on the wall and a satellite Box and apple TV in the corner of the room. My HDMI cables are behind the skirting boards but when I took them off the last time to hide the power cables for my sonos soundbar I damaged the HDMI cable from the apple TV that was plugged into the TV. Didn't notice this until I'd glued the skirting back on and I really don't want to be pulling the skirting off again as it takes a piece of the wall away every time I do it.

Other than finding a way to fix the HDMI lead (the lead has loads of wires hanging out of it and the part that plugs into the TV has come away) then a wireless solution is the next stage. Newcy's suggestion looks a little pricey though. Is it relatively new tech that may come down in the future?

There's a few, annoyingly different manufacturers decided to make their own standards and nothing has "won" yet. In a bit of a Betamax vs. VHS situation.

Most of the truly wireless solutions are about £200 though, so it depends how much you'd save against just wiring something up. I don't know of any good ones but if you have line of sight between the two sources you'd want one which is WirelessHD standard.

Something like this basically:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Projector-NPCS549UK-Black/

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Wireless HDMI on 14:15 - Dec 11 with 2280 viewsNewcyBlue

Wireless HDMI on 13:45 - Dec 11 by GlasgowBlue

HDMI Adapter signals Terminal Breakout Plastic/Metal Cover Terminal Breakout Board Connector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CR53EP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jlPlAbNEYX53R

Only a little bit of wiring Glassers!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Wireless HDMI on 14:15 - Dec 11 with 2277 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wireless HDMI on 13:59 - Dec 11 by Johnny_Boy

I did a bit of research into the Slingbox 500...

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/Slingbox500/Features.aspx

There's a video on there.

Basically, you subscribe to all the channels anyway through SKY, you plug your Slingbox into your Sky Box, download the free Slingbox app onto your TVs + Laptop + Tablet + phone. Then you can stream any of your SKY content onto any of your platforms. Also, if you go abroad, you can log into your account & watch your home SKY box remotely. Plug your Apple TV in there too. You can also put your MP3 collection on there.

$300 new, $150 second hand. Not cheap. But you get a damn sight more for your money than that poxy £200 piece of cable!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 14:05]

Thanks. But looking at those prices I think the skirting is going to have tom come off one last time.

Iron Lion Zion

Wireless HDMI on 14:16 - Dec 11 with 2274 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wireless HDMI on 14:15 - Dec 11 by NewcyBlue

HDMI Adapter signals Terminal Breakout Plastic/Metal Cover Terminal Breakout Board Connector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CR53EP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jlPlAbNEYX53R

Only a little bit of wiring Glassers!

Cheers Dan.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024