Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! 15:41 - Dec 11 with 17073 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/dec/10/romesh-ranganathan-christma

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 15:53 - Dec 11 with 7662 viewsJ2BLUE

The turkey covered in bacon bit was gold. Brilliant.

As for the cheese part, perhaps he should consider occasionally buying a small piece of cheese from a supplier with the highest animal welfare standards if he misses it that much.

When I read this bit: 'When I commented on how delicious the vegan sausage rolls were, the colour drained from her face as she explained she had actually been pointing to the hummus selection behind the pork sausage rolls.' I couldn't help wondering if he knew that deep down and thought it was just an excellent opportunity to enjoy a sausage roll without any guilt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:25 - Dec 11 with 7630 viewsReuser_is_God

I always thought he was a d1ck.

The fact that he’s a vegan reinforces this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 7621 viewshoppy

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:25 - Dec 11 by Reuser_is_God

Yet he speaks so highly of you.

As does Joe Pasquale.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:30 - Dec 11 with 7617 viewsStokieBlue

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 15:53 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

The turkey covered in bacon bit was gold. Brilliant.

As for the cheese part, perhaps he should consider occasionally buying a small piece of cheese from a supplier with the highest animal welfare standards if he misses it that much.

When I read this bit: 'When I commented on how delicious the vegan sausage rolls were, the colour drained from her face as she explained she had actually been pointing to the hummus selection behind the pork sausage rolls.' I couldn't help wondering if he knew that deep down and thought it was just an excellent opportunity to enjoy a sausage roll without any guilt.

Course he did.

This bit was the most annoying even it if it likely tongue-in-cheek:

"That’s why it is essential to make it clear what food is vegan, and therefore yours and off-limits to your moral inferiors."

Although the last bit of that sentence has been bandied about on here fairly often.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:55 - Dec 11 with 7589 viewsSwailsey

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:30 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

Course he did.

"That’s why it is essential to make it clear what food is vegan, and therefore yours and off-limits to your moral inferiors."

Although the last bit of that sentence has been bandied about on here fairly often.

SB

Clearly tongue in cheek though isn't it? Even if it isn't particularly funny.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 7568 viewsjeera

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:55 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

I thought it was an amusing enough read.

The guy is self-deprecating and it comes through there too.

His comments are deliberately double-edged aren't they.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:05 - Dec 11 with 7558 viewsJ2BLUE

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:30 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

Course he did.

SB

Sausage rolls are one of the foods I couldn't give up. I don't have one often but I love them. Got my sausage meat from Suffolk Food Hall earlier

Truly impaired.

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:06 - Dec 11 with 7555 viewsStokieBlue

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:55 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

Yep, I said it was tongue-in-cheek.

Hasn't stopped it being used on there before though :).

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 7548 viewsHarry_Palmer

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 16:25 - Dec 11 by Reuser_is_God

Oh come on, that was quite an amusing read and there were plenty of digs at himself and veganism in general. Did you actually read it or is every Vegan just a dick in your eyes?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 17:21]
Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:37 - Dec 11 with 7483 viewsfactual_blue

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:11 - Dec 11 by Harry_Palmer

Oh come on, that was quite an amusing read and there were plenty of digs at himself and veganism in general. Did you actually read it or is every Vegan just a dick in your eyes?

And his stage act is very good.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:26 - Dec 11 with 7440 viewsReuser_is_God

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:11 - Dec 11 by Harry_Palmer

I thought he was a d1ck BEFORE I read that & learnt that he was vegan.

Evans out

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:27 - Dec 11 with 7434 viewsReuser_is_God

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:05 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

Sausage rolls are one of the foods I couldn't give up. I don't have one often but I love them. Got my sausage meat from Suffolk Food Hall earlier

Did you have to take out another mortgage for it?

Evans out

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:28 - Dec 11 with 7431 viewsmonytowbray

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 17:06 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

Yep, I said it was tongue-in-cheek.

Hasn't stopped it being used on there before though :).

SB

I can’t help you help yourself mate, only answer your questions and give you my opinion. Only you can be comfortable with your choices.

Article was proper LOL. I have similar dilemmas any Sunday I go to my parents for a roast. The number of times I’ve cried most stuffing is vegan but my Mother always stuffs it up a dead chicken’s arse and leaves none for stuffing balls. She is getting better though, she always has the L-Mac “beef” and spinach wellington bites in now in case I show up. I seriously recommend them to anyone, they are like sausage rolls x 10 of the joy.

My plan this year for Xmas is show up with as much food as I can. Gonna make a mushroom and potato wellington from scratch, fry shredded sprouts in vegan butter with fakon and the rest is basically just veg and stuffing so easy enough. Yorkies are my challenge though, I need to try a recipe I can eat as I miss them like mad.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:31 - Dec 11 with 7416 viewsJ2BLUE

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:28 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

I can’t help you help yourself mate, only answer your questions and give you my opinion. Only you can be comfortable with your choices.

Article was proper LOL. I have similar dilemmas any Sunday I go to my parents for a roast. The number of times I’ve cried most stuffing is vegan but my Mother always stuffs it up a dead chicken’s arse and leaves none for stuffing balls. She is getting better though, she always has the L-Mac “beef” and spinach wellington bites in now in case I show up. I seriously recommend them to anyone, they are like sausage rolls x 10 of the joy.

My plan this year for Xmas is show up with as much food as I can. Gonna make a mushroom and potato wellington from scratch, fry shredded sprouts in vegan butter with fakon and the rest is basically just veg and stuffing so easy enough. Yorkies are my challenge though, I need to try a recipe I can eat as I miss them like mad.

I respect that you feel strongly enough to eat sprouts cooked in 'vegan butter' with 'fakon'.

Truly impaired.

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:33 - Dec 11 with 7412 viewsmonytowbray

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:31 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

I respect that you feel strongly enough to eat sprouts cooked in 'vegan butter' with 'fakon'.

Sprouts are great if you cook them right.

Whole and boiled = GTFO
Shredded and fried in butter* with meat* = GTFI

*vegan replacement

TWTD never forgets…

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:34 - Dec 11 with 7403 viewsJ2BLUE

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:33 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

Whole and boiled = GTFO

*vegan replacement

How is vegan butter made? What is fakon made of?

Truly impaired.

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:35 - Dec 11 with 7403 viewsStokieBlue

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:28 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

"I can’t help you help yourself mate, only answer your questions and give you my opinion. Only you can be comfortable with your choices."

So you are admitting to saying you are morally superior? I never named any names.

SB
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:36]

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:37 - Dec 11 with 7392 viewsJ2BLUE

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:27 - Dec 11 by Reuser_is_God

Did you have to take out another mortgage for it?

I think it was £4.50 for 450g. I have no idea if that is good value or not.

Truly impaired.

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:38 - Dec 11 with 7388 viewsReuser_is_God

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:37 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

I think it was £4.50 for 450g. I have no idea if that is good value or not.

Butchers on Nacton Rd is 3 tubes for £5.

Evans out

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:39 - Dec 11 with 7386 viewsReuser_is_God

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:33 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

Whole and boiled = GTFO

*vegan replacement

Agreed.

Evans out

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:39 - Dec 11 with 7385 viewsmonytowbray

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:35 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

"I can’t help you help yourself mate, only answer your questions and give you my opinion. Only you can be comfortable with your choices."

So you are admitting to saying you are morally superior? I never named any names.

SB
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 18:36]

Of course you didn’t.

My suggestion is if you have such a moral battle with yourself over eating meat just give it up. If you don’t stop making snide comments in my general direction over my lifestyle choices and you won’t have to listen to me talk about yours ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:40 - Dec 11 with 7380 viewsReuser_is_God

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:34 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

It is actually just bacon.

They call it fakon so they can charge hipsters & extra 25p per rasher.

Evans out

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:40 - Dec 11 with 7381 viewsBlueBadger

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:26 - Dec 11 by Reuser_is_God

I thought he was a d1ck BEFORE I read that & learnt that he was vegan.

You'd have to be a pretty poor human being not to gain even a small measure of satisfaction seeing him make a c*nt of Jimmy Carr here:
https://streamable.com/dpyyl

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:42 - Dec 11 with 7367 viewsgiant_stow

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:39 - Dec 11 by monytowbray

Of course you didn’t.

My suggestion is if you have such a moral battle with yourself over eating meat just give it up. If you don’t stop making snide comments in my general direction over my lifestyle choices and you won’t have to listen to me talk about yours ;)

Vegan terrorism right there! Do as I say and I'll leave you alone. Don't give in to terror stoke.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:42 - Dec 11 with 7367 viewsmonytowbray

Have a very merry vegan winterfest everyone! on 18:34 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

Various types of butter; olive, soy, coconut.

Fakon can be made various ways too. The Cheatin’ stuff in H&B is soy I believe. My preferred method is firm tofu sliced thin and fried till crispy in paprika, salt and liquid smoke.

Tempah is considered a bacon replacement too but I had it once and wasn’t a fan.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024