Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide 18:30 - Dec 11 with 13980 viewsBlueinBrum

I'm as bored of Brexit as anyone but I'm going to keep sharing this sort of stuff because i think it's vitally important that we keep talking about the dangers and implications of Brexit for the country.

I found a good comment beneath the following article which concisely sums up my fears for the UK economy as a result of Brexit. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/11/brexit-city-of-london-jobs-ey-d

"Seeing banking jobs and manufacturing jobs relocate to rEU is only the start of it. What will kill the UK is the loss of tax revenue and foreign exchange earnings that will occur as a result of the relocation to Ireland and the Continent of financial services, as well as car making, aerospace, pharmaceuticals (all areas in which the UK excels — don’t believe the pundits who say “we don’t make anything anymore”. It is not true). No Government of any party will be politically able to make spending cuts or tax rises of the magnitude necessary to balance the books, so they will borrow and print money. This relies as Mark Carney once said on the kindness of strangers who will only lend for so long as they believe in the viability of the UK economy. Once investors see the economy fail, as exports tumble while imports continue to rise and the ability to earn vital foreign exchange declines, they will either stop lending altogether or demand extortionate interest rates which will only make the situation worse. An old fashioned Sterling crisis will follow.
How will the UK Government respond? Expect another IMF bailout, just like the 1970s. Expect also exchange controls to come back, preventing UK nationals for taking their money abroad, and expect new rules on pensions requiring significant proportions of savings to be “invested” with the UK Government in the form of bonds. Needless to say this will sold to the public as reducing “risk” to them from volatile investments, but the interest rates will be very unfavourable as they always are for any compulsory investments. Ultimately expect these loans to the Government to be turned into life time annuities so hard earned savings never have to be paid back at all. Anyone arguing against all this will be deemed "unpatriotic".
Expect benefits to be cut. The poor will suffer as they always do, but the middle classes used to a lifestyle of foreign holidays and German cars will be hardest hit of all. Read up about Britain in the 1970s, or Argentina 20 years ago, where living standards fell by half, people, were not able to access their bank accounts and US Dollar accounts were compulsory changed to worthless Pesos. The state will always survive, and they will happily destroy their people to protect the state. The current disregard for the interests of the economy by the current crop of politicians just goes to prove my point."
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:40 - Dec 11 with 7106 viewsblue_oyster

As nobody actually knows what ‘Brexit’ means, it seems unlikely that these firms will have made plans for something that is not defined.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:47 - Dec 11 with 7098 viewsjaykay

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:40 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

As nobody actually knows what ‘Brexit’ means, it seems unlikely that these firms will have made plans for something that is not defined.

so thats why dodgy davis didn't do any impact studies

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:56 - Dec 11 with 7072 viewsCurrie10

Ah the Guardian - typical mumbo jumbo left wing rubbish!

Articles like this are when I really do miss Benters.

My thoughts on Brexit in a nutshell - yes I realise it isn't as simple as this, nothing ever is and there will be differences / agreements they have that we don't etc.

However, my 'words of wisdom' in a nutshell - if the EU was so damn efficient, then why the hell are Norway/ Switzerland - two of the smartest European nations not in it.

Short-term pain for long term gain.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:58 - Dec 11 with 7056 viewsblue_oyster

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:47 - Dec 11 by jaykay

so thats why dodgy davis didn't do any impact studies

They could do impact studies (subjective predictions) until the cows come home. Or they could just hurry up and get started. Nearly a year left, and they’ve still no clue.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:18 - Dec 11 with 7024 viewsBlueBadger

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:56 - Dec 11 by Currie10

Ah the Guardian - typical mumbo jumbo left wing rubbish!

Articles like this are when I really do miss Benters.

My thoughts on Brexit in a nutshell - yes I realise it isn't as simple as this, nothing ever is and there will be differences / agreements they have that we don't etc.

However, my 'words of wisdom' in a nutshell - if the EU was so damn efficient, then why the hell are Norway/ Switzerland - two of the smartest European nations not in it.

Short-term pain for long term gain.

Norway and Switzerland of course, have quite comprehensive trade and diplomatic links to the EU. Just without the say. We'll likely a similar arrangements when we 'take back control'. Namely, that we'll still end up following EU rules, but have no say in what these rules should be. With the added bonus that we'll probably do some ludicrous trade deal wit the US which acts like TTIP on speed regarding the selling-off of public sector services to the Efficient Private Sector.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 19:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:26 - Dec 11 with 7013 viewsnoggin

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:18 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

Norway and Switzerland of course, have quite comprehensive trade and diplomatic links to the EU. Just without the say. We'll likely a similar arrangements when we 'take back control'. Namely, that we'll still end up following EU rules, but have no say in what these rules should be. With the added bonus that we'll probably do some ludicrous trade deal wit the US which acts like TTIP on speed regarding the selling-off of public sector services to the Efficient Private Sector.

Indeed. Norway pays into the EU and abides by the EU rules, including freedom of movement.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:27 - Dec 11 with 7009 viewsfactual_blue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:18 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

spheres

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:38 - Dec 11 with 6993 viewsBlueBadger

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:27 - Dec 11 by factual_blue

spheres

That's an 'expert' word isn't it? *Reaches for pitchfork*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 6968 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I can't see Jezza signing up to TTIP.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 20:24 - Dec 11 with 6938 viewsJohnTy

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:26 - Dec 11 by noggin

Indeed. Norway pays into the EU and abides by the EU rules, including freedom of movement.

Norway is also in the Schengen area, which the UK isn't.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 20:37 - Dec 11 with 6912 viewsBlueBadger

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:53 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

It'll be too late for him in 5 years' time. Prime Minster Gove will have already signed off on it.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 20:58 - Dec 11 with 6899 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:53 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

He won't have to. The Europe of the future will a bunch of federalised states and decisions of a TTIP nature will be made at EU level by unelected former Goldman Sachs employees. The UK, although "outside" the EU will be bound to EU law anyway.

#RuleBritannia

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:29 - Dec 11 with 6869 viewsBlueBadger

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 20:58 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

He won't have to. The Europe of the future will a bunch of federalised states and decisions of a TTIP nature will be made at EU level by unelected former Goldman Sachs employees. The UK, although "outside" the EU will be bound to EU law anyway.

#RuleBritannia

...and our government will have managed to sign us up to something even worse.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:55 - Dec 11 with 6843 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:29 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

The Brexit referendum was just a polarising distraction for the people. The result was always going to be the same: a significant step towards a United States of Europe with an EU army, EU police, EU laws and an EU treasury. This entity will do the bidding of the world's bankers. It doesn't matter if we move closer to the US or closer to the EU, the result is the same in the end, the sovereign state's day is numbered and we move towards a world government.

Anybody pointing this out over the last 5 years has been branded "conspiracy theorist" by clever people like you who watch the BBC and read the Guardian.

"World Order" - Henry Kissinger

"Henry Kissinger offers in World Order a deep meditation on the roots of international harmony and global disorder. Drawing on his experience as one of the foremost statesmen of the modern era–advising presidents, traveling the world, observing and shaping the central foreign policy events of recent decades–Kissinger now reveals his analysis of the ultimate challenge for the twenty-first century: how to build a shared international order in a world of divergent historical perspectives, violent conflict, proliferating technology, and ideological extremism."
source: https://www.amazon.com/World-Order-Henry-Kissinger/dp/0143127713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

#toxic

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:09 - Dec 11 with 6822 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:55 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

The Brexit referendum was just a polarising distraction for the people. The result was always going to be the same: a significant step towards a United States of Europe with an EU army, EU police, EU laws and an EU treasury. This entity will do the bidding of the world's bankers. It doesn't matter if we move closer to the US or closer to the EU, the result is the same in the end, the sovereign state's day is numbered and we move towards a world government.

Anybody pointing this out over the last 5 years has been branded "conspiracy theorist" by clever people like you who watch the BBC and read the Guardian.

"World Order" - Henry Kissinger

"Henry Kissinger offers in World Order a deep meditation on the roots of international harmony and global disorder. Drawing on his experience as one of the foremost statesmen of the modern era–advising presidents, traveling the world, observing and shaping the central foreign policy events of recent decades–Kissinger now reveals his analysis of the ultimate challenge for the twenty-first century: how to build a shared international order in a world of divergent historical perspectives, violent conflict, proliferating technology, and ideological extremism."
source: https://www.amazon.com/World-Order-Henry-Kissinger/dp/0143127713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

and your evidence for this take over by the 'world's bankers' is an amazon puff for a paperback? hmmm.

your attempts to squeeze brexit into your world view are good fun though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:16 - Dec 11 with 6814 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:29 - Dec 11 by BlueBadger

All these votes for the lesser of two evils.......ain't democracy great !

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:17 - Dec 11 with 6807 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:09 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

and your evidence for this take over by the 'world's bankers' is an amazon puff for a paperback? hmmm.

The evidence is everywhere, even in the Independent you so often quote from:

“Some even believe [the Rockefellers] are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterising my family and me as ‘internationalists’ conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I’m proud of it.” - David Rockefeller

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/being-a-rockefeller-aint-what-it-used-to-be-

#toxic

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:21 - Dec 11 with 6802 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:09 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

......or the evidence of your own eyes if you have a care to look. Imposed technocrats in Greece and Italy with banking backgrounds for starters.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 22:22]

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:23 - Dec 11 with 6798 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:40 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

Firms are making plans. Firms in the aeronautical, space and defence and the automotive industries are. They're always making plans, about everything.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the finance sector isn't too, but don't know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 6785 viewssparks

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:17 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

“Some even believe [the Rockefellers] are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterising my family and me as ‘internationalists’ conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I’m proud of it.” - David Rockefeller

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/being-a-rockefeller-aint-what-it-used-to-be-

LOLLERSKATES.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:37 - Dec 11 with 6768 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GREECE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15643454
ITALY
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monti_Cabinet

.......the 'old boys' network......all in plain view !
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 22:38]

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:37 - Dec 11 with 6767 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:28 - Dec 11 by sparks

LOLLERSKATES.

TWTD's very own legal expert has spoken.

Would you care to address the point made in David Rockefeller's quote with something more fitting of your debating skills or are you going to settle for the childish approach?

#toxic

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:43 - Dec 11 with 6752 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:17 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

i very rarely quote the independent. since it has been online only it's gone even further down hill.

you try to make these quotes work far too hard. people can say "build a more integrated global political and economic structure" and not mean anything like what you are implying. you are trying to make their words carry a meaning which simply isn't intended. trade and international treaties make the world more integrated economically and politically. there is nothing malign in these quotes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:51 - Dec 11 with 6734 viewsblue_oyster

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:23 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

Firms are making plans. Firms in the aeronautical, space and defence and the automotive industries are. They're always making plans, about everything.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the finance sector isn't too, but don't know.

Indeed, if they’re making plans for everything, then no decision would have been taken regarding moving staff to Europe. It’s just talk.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:55 - Dec 11 with 6731 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:43 - Dec 11 by lowhouseblue

i very rarely quote the independent. since it has been online only it's gone even further down hill.

you try to make these quotes work far too hard. people can say "build a more integrated global political and economic structure" and not mean anything like what you are implying. you are trying to make their words carry a meaning which simply isn't intended. trade and international treaties make the world more integrated economically and politically. there is nothing malign in these quotes.

Nothing malign about an exceedingly rich family which has made its vast fortunes from oil and banking "working against the best interests of the United States"?

OK.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024