Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” 00:02 - Dec 12 with 7748 viewsBLUEBEAT

Doesn’t the current deal end this season?

Does this mean they’re renewing?

Why don’t we have decent Adidas classic/retro shirts rather than the embarrassing half-hearted ones in the club shop?

2018 sees the anniversary of a certain cup win. Surely a decent Adidas replica shirt would do very well financially?

Poll: W or W

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 11:06 - Dec 12 with 7537 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Poundland will make our kit next knowing Evans cost cutting.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 12:19 - Dec 12 with 7460 viewsbenno1uk

Well said. Hopefully the club will stay with Adidas.

Nothing says 'tinpot' more than a kit by some third rate brand. Hello Norwich.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 12:19]
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 16:19 - Dec 12 with 7316 viewsBackToRussia

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 12:19 - Dec 12 by benno1uk

Well said. Hopefully the club will stay with Adidas.

Nothing says 'tinpot' more than a kit by some third rate brand. Hello Norwich.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 12:19]

Like "Punch" you mean? Or Mitre?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 18:10 - Dec 12 with 7262 viewsshoopdelang

On that note I would love if next seasons home kit was based on the one from that cup win. Plane, simple and classic.
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 07:28 - Dec 13 with 7137 viewstextbackup

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 16:19 - Dec 12 by BackToRussia

Core

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:00 - Dec 13 with 7120 viewsGlasgowBlue

They’re leaving it a bit late. We are already halfway through the anniversary season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:36 - Dec 13 with 7097 viewsBLUEBEAT

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:00 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

They’re leaving it a bit late. We are already halfway through the anniversary season.

Strange, that. You’d assume all kinds of merch cash-ins and events would be ongoing. It highlights the overall naivety of the club.

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:39 - Dec 13 with 7094 viewsbenno1uk

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 16:19 - Dec 12 by BackToRussia

Yep
Login to get fewer ads

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:59 - Dec 13 with 7077 viewsPinewoodblue

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:36 - Dec 13 by BLUEBEAT

Strange, that. You’d assume all kinds of merch cash-ins and events would be ongoing. It highlights the overall naivety of the club.

This is at New Wolsey theatre throughout May, a total of 27 performances.
https://www.wolseytheatre.co.uk/shows/our-blue-heaven/

Hopefully there will be something to celebrate on 6th May 2018, last game of the season at Portman Road. A home win would be nice, making the play offs even better but if all else fails we are likely to get an opportunity to bid farewell to Mick McCarthy. Who will leave early not doing a llap of the pitch as he has a prior engagement.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:03 - Dec 13 with 7066 viewsartsbossbeard

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 08:36 - Dec 13 by BLUEBEAT

Would people buy the old town top with the new Adidas design badge as I suspect that Adidas wouldn't be interested in making one with the original (pun intended) badge?

I won't be purchasing one anyway as I'm a grown man.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:08 - Dec 13 with 7055 viewsBLUEBEAT

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:03 - Dec 13 by artsbossbeard

Would people buy the old town top with the new Adidas design badge as I suspect that Adidas wouldn't be interested in making one with the original (pun intended) badge?

They used old badge designs for Man Utd, Liverpool, Forest etc.

I haven’t worn footie shirts since my early 20s but I’d still buy one of these* so potential for an extra chunk of consumers?

*still wouldn’t wear it, mind.

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:24 - Dec 13 with 7031 viewsartsbossbeard

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:08 - Dec 13 by BLUEBEAT

They used old badge designs for Man Utd, Liverpool, Forest etc.

I haven’t worn footie shirts since my early 20s but I’d still buy one of these* so potential for an extra chunk of consumers?

*still wouldn’t wear it, mind.

A mate of mine is quite high up in Adidas - works in their Amsterdam office, the lucky swine.

I bore him with trainer based questions but I got the impression from him that Originals & the new stuff are treated as 2x separate entities by Adidas. Decent if there is an overlap then.

Sort it out Town.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:53 - Dec 13 with 6999 viewsbenno1uk

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:24 - Dec 13 by artsbossbeard

A mate of mine is quite high up in Adidas - works in their Amsterdam office, the lucky swine.

I bore him with trainer based questions but I got the impression from him that Originals & the new stuff are treated as 2x separate entities by Adidas. Decent if there is an overlap then.

Sort it out Town.

It would be awsome to have an official Adidas replica retro shirt made, however I imagine the estimated sales would not warrant the investment from them.
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 12:07 - Dec 13 with 6941 viewsmonytowbray

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:24 - Dec 13 by artsbossbeard

Sort it out Town.

I have been made aware that the money made from such a product for a team our size isn't worth the effort for Adidas.

It makes sense, why would a team that only make custom jerseys for teams like Chelsea and Manu give a f*ck about selling a 4000-5000 retro shirts? it's peanuts to them.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 15:06 - Dec 13 with 6848 viewsbenno1uk

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 12:07 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I have been made aware that the money made from such a product for a team our size isn't worth the effort for Adidas.

It makes sense, why would a team that only make custom jerseys for teams like Chelsea and Manu give a f*ck about selling a 4000-5000 retro shirts? it's peanuts to them.

Exactly. Teams like Chelsea / Man Utd sell around 3 million replica shirts a season. At £40 a pop, that's £120m income. How many do Ipswich sell? Maybe around 30,000? That would bring in just £1.2m
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 15:19 - Dec 13 with 6837 viewssoupytwist

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 09:03 - Dec 13 by artsbossbeard

I was in Madrid earlier in the year and in the shop at the Bernabeu there was an 80s Adidas replica shirt available. No sponsor on the front and the collar was a bit like the one we had on the later Adidas white away shirt from the early 80s.

A bit like this but with black collar I think.

They could pretty much take the Real Madrid badge off and put our old badge on it and that would be it.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 15:20]
“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 15:47 - Dec 13 with 6804 viewsBLUEBEAT

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 12:07 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

Who made you aware of this? benno1uk above?

If Forest can do it....

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 14:09 - Dec 14 with 6623 viewsmonytowbray

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 15:47 - Dec 13 by BLUEBEAT

Who made you aware of this? benno1uk above?

If Forest can do it....

Source was someone inside the club.

And forest haven't done an official Adidas one either. All remakes with no trademark: https://shop.nottinghamforest.co.uk/football-kits/retro-shirts

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

“Relationship with Adidas good, important” on 14:45 - Dec 14 with 6600 viewsBurwell_Blue

An interesting fact, Adidas pay Teddy Bishop more per week that the club do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024