Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) 13:48 - Dec 12 with 6065 viewsSmithy

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 13:54 - Dec 12 with 6062 viewsBlueBadger

RB, pacey forward(sadly I fear Sears' perfomances in 14/15 may have been a 'Lisbie season') and maybe a backup CB.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 14:31 - Dec 12 with 5990 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Do we really need much strengthening? Maybe it depends on how serious we are about a play-off push. Personally I think its a bit beyond us this season and not that realistic. A top ten finish & a count down clock till Mick leaves is about all that we are really playing for this season IMO.

If we are to spend though, then I would say maybe a central defender as cover, but with Smith, Knudsen & Spence that can all play there do we really need one?

We have two players for each full back position, central midfield seems fairly well stocked as does up front. The wide positions again maybe we could do with another body in there but would actually much rather we gave Rowe/Nydam a chance in there then signing a Premier League loanee or someone on a freebie.

I personally believe that Mick will not be given any money in January when he is definitely off in the summer (regardless of what Milne said last night). We might as well save it for the new manager in the summer as we are on such a limited budget these days that the new boss will need every available penny he can squeeze out of Evans.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 14:45 - Dec 12 with 5965 viewsLuk38644

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 13:54 - Dec 12 by BlueBadger

RB, pacey forward(sadly I fear Sears' perfomances in 14/15 may have been a 'Lisbie season') and maybe a backup CB.

Basically this.

Iorfa isn't good enough, Connolly is seen as a CM and Spence is decent but we could do with a bit more quality there.

We definitely need an impact striker. With the system we're playing, Waghorn, Garner and McG tend to start, so we could do with some more quality off the bench with a bit of pace. Unfortunately, Sears probably needs a fresh start, possibly back in L1 and amongst the goals.

Goldson at CB? Maybe Brighton don't need him now?
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 14:48 - Dec 12 with 5957 viewsDarth_Koont

If Rowe, as seems likely, goes out on loan then we could do with another body and probably better quality on the right side of midfield.

Waghorn leaves the right flank a bit too exposed (and probably needs the freedom of a purely attacking role anyway) and Ward does everything well but has difficulty making the right decisions in possession. So someone with Waghorn's composure and effectiveness on the ball and Ward's running/positioning in attack and defence would be perfect. And therefore probably a loanee if they have that quality.

So a 20 year-old Gordon Strachan or Steve Stone ...

Pronouns: He/Him

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:23 - Dec 12 with 5922 viewsDubtractor

Given our levels of activity in previous January's, I'm not banking on much activity at all.

To be honest, unless someone amazing (by our standards) is available, I'm not sure that we're too short in any position. There is a case to be made for a better right back, but we do have 3 of them at the club so I can't see that happening.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:37 - Dec 12 with 5903 viewsDarth_Koont

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:23 - Dec 12 by Dubtractor

Given our levels of activity in previous January's, I'm not banking on much activity at all.

To be honest, unless someone amazing (by our standards) is available, I'm not sure that we're too short in any position. There is a case to be made for a better right back, but we do have 3 of them at the club so I can't see that happening.

Also what we need from a right back really depends on what's in front of them. From the available players and combinations we don't seem to have found the balance we get from Celina and Knudsen.

No reason why Spence, Iorfa or Connolly can't work with the right player covering their weakness/complementing their strengths.

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:39 - Dec 12 with 5895 viewsPYBlue

I would use the money to pay Mick off early. Get planning for summer.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you want?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:53 - Dec 12 with 5873 viewsmonty_radio

Seems a slightly surreal question for us at a time when, on the coldest night of the year the great and good, including M.E.'s main man turn out to discuss a bit of a price-hike for 800 season ticket-holding 60-64 year-olds and such as the fillings in the sandwiches.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:57 - Dec 12 with 5865 viewsJ2BLUE

With the expected level of investment it's a choice of refilling the office stapler or buying some blu tack on special offer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 16:17 - Dec 12 with 5848 viewsCurrie10

CB. Never replaced Berra. Commanding boss of a CB and we may have half a chance.
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 16:19 - Dec 12 with 5846 viewsCurrie10

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 15:39 - Dec 12 by PYBlue

I would use the money to pay Mick off early. Get planning for summer.

Glad you're not the chairman then, Mick's assembled quite a decent squad and with how we're placed a laughable perspective to write off a season in December!?
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 16:26 - Dec 12 with 5836 viewsKeaneish

The fan base

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 12 with 5806 viewsBangor31

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 16:17 - Dec 12 by Currie10

CB. Never replaced Berra. Commanding boss of a CB and we may have half a chance.

am i right in saying collins for west ham is out of contract this summer? I think he'd be a very solid player to have in the championship
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 17:56 - Dec 12 with 5761 viewsScuzzer

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 16:17 - Dec 12 by Currie10

I think you will find that's why we bought Webster.

Established 1968

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 17:58 - Dec 12 with 5760 viewsScuzzer

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 13:54 - Dec 12 by BlueBadger

I think Sear's journey with Town has sadly run it's course.

Established 1968

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 18:41 - Dec 12 with 5727 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two or three really quality defenders would help to sort this shower as McCarthy isn't able to do so. The problem is that the quality costs therefore my list is only a wishful thinking.
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 19:25 - Dec 12 with 5697 viewsjas0999

He’s not likely to spend.
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 19:30 - Dec 12 with 5690 viewsDarth_Koont

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 18:41 - Dec 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

Two or three really quality defenders would help to sort this shower as McCarthy isn't able to do so. The problem is that the quality costs therefore my list is only a wishful thinking.

"Shower"? "Two or three quality defenders"?

Really? That's a pretty impressive over-exaggeration.

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 22:28 - Dec 12 with 5586 viewsblueconscience

The whole back line

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 23:39 - Dec 12 with 5538 viewsParsley

A right winger and a quality central midfielder and we can be challenging for promotion in my opinion. We could be well stocked in mifield if Huws, Adyemi, Bishop, Hyam etc. weren't injured but they have been and that is an area which would make a real difference to us
So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 01:21 - Dec 13 with 5513 viewsGiveusaWave

We have made losses the last two years so (sadly) we shouldn't be spending anything. With Drinan and Moore coming in, you could argue we have two "new" signings...

In all likelihood, we may end up selling. Obviously the biggest loss would be Bialkowski...but it would have to be a VERY significant amount. I am sure ME would accept a bid of 5M...as that would sheer up our losses for this year.

I don't want that to happen...but that is the reality of the situation. If we are in the top 6 by Jan 1st...I doubt we will sell anyone.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 14:19 - Dec 13 with 5386 viewschristiand

He won’t, end of discussion.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 14:54 - Dec 13 with 5367 viewsWickets

So if Marcus is set to spend in Jan., where should we strengthen? (n/t) on 17:56 - Dec 12 by Scuzzer

I think you will find that's why we bought Webster.

Why would you buy a right sided CH to replace a leftie, why would you buy a youngster learning his trade to replace an experienced defensive leader. Just my humble opinion and i agree we need to replace Berra.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 19:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024