Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maitland-Niles 19:47 - Dec 13 with 5359 viewswaveneyblue

See he starts for Arsenal V Spammers tonight - Genuinely never saw him starting for Arsenal in the Premier League... Interesting .....
Maitland-Niles on 19:52 - Dec 13 with 5333 viewsWickets

Why not he is a quality young player just learning his trade. Remember how long it took Harry Kane to break through. So many supporters are quick to judge.
Maitland-Niles on 19:57 - Dec 13 with 5311 viewswaveneyblue

Maitland-Niles on 19:52 - Dec 13 by Wickets

Why not he is a quality young player just learning his trade. Remember how long it took Harry Kane to break through. So many supporters are quick to judge.

Get that... but slightly surprised. Some players thrive - and you think - yep he's got a career at the top... never felt that with Maitland-Niles
Maitland-Niles on 20:05 - Dec 13 with 5284 viewsElderGrizzly

Maitland-Niles on 19:52 - Dec 13 by Wickets

Agree, 17 when with us and shattered towards the end in his first season as a pro.

Hope he goes on to have a good career and i’m sure his time here will have helped
Maitland-Niles on 20:06 - Dec 13 with 5275 viewsStenvict

Arsenal have loads of injuries and he's a lot better than Mertesacker.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Maitland-Niles on 20:08 - Dec 13 with 5260 viewsVaughan8

Can’t believe he is playing left back!
Maitland-Niles on 20:12 - Dec 13 with 5249 viewsJimmy86

Maitland-Niles on 20:08 - Dec 13 by Vaughan8

Can’t believe he is playing left back!

They have been working on him as a wing back ever since he went back. He's played there in the league cup and Europa league games etc.

I think a lot of prem clubs send players to us to have them work on the defensive and "ugly" side of the game, as that's what Mick values first and foremost
Maitland-Niles on 20:42 - Dec 13 with 5164 viewsRobTheMonk

To be fair, he's looked one of Arsenal's better players in the Europa league games. On another note, Cresswell as a left sided centre back of a 3 actually looks pretty good!
Maitland-Niles on 21:06 - Dec 13 with 5089 viewsjeera

Maitland-Niles on 20:12 - Dec 13 by Jimmy86

They have been working on him as a wing back ever since he went back. He's played there in the league cup and Europa league games etc.

I think a lot of prem clubs send players to us to have them work on the defensive and "ugly" side of the game, as that's what Mick values first and foremost

"the defensive and "ugly" side of the game, as that's what Mick values first and foremost"

Well that's certainly the notion that keeps getting banded about.

Despite this season's offerings so far contradicting that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Maitland-Niles on 21:40 - Dec 13 with 5044 viewssolemio

Well done to Brigadier Maitland-Niles.
Maitland-Niles on 21:44 - Dec 13 with 5034 viewsJimmy86

Maitland-Niles on 21:06 - Dec 13 by jeera

"the defensive and "ugly" side of the game, as that's what Mick values first and foremost"

Well that's certainly the notion that keeps getting banded about.

Despite this season's offerings so far contradicting that.

At no point would I suggest that defending well and working hard is a bad thing, I was just pointing out that's why prem teams probably send their players to us, to work on that side of their game.

Was mentioned in commentary that AMN had spent time on loan at Ipswich 2 seasons ago. Back then he was a wide midfielder and not a full back. We must have done something right in helping him improve that side of his game.

This season we are playing better football and Mick is putting out far more attack minded teams. Entertainment value has also increased, which is all we ever asked for
Maitland-Niles on 21:46 - Dec 13 with 5029 viewsjimsymBLUE

Maitland-Niles on 21:40 - Dec 13 by solemio

Well done to Brigadier Maitland-Niles.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Maitland-Niles on 02:15 - Dec 14 with 4788 viewsbariotneblue

Having gone to the game this evening I can honestly say he offered very little. But having said that he was in an Arsenal side which was really poor. Dreadful game of football in a stadium which was pretty awful.
on 06:03 - Dec 14 with 4735 views_

Maitland-Niles on 08:13 - Dec 14 with 4650 viewsTractorWood

on 06:03 - Dec 14 by _

I tend to agree with this. Arsenal are a calamity and represent everything wrong with corporate football. 8th biggest wage bill in European football and 7th in the Premier League. Wenger should have gone 3 years ago and their only ambition is to finish 4th.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Maitland-Niles on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 4399 viewsCurrie10

Maitland-Niles on 20:05 - Dec 13 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, 17 when with us and shattered towards the end in his first season as a pro.

Hope he goes on to have a good career and i’m sure his time here will have helped

I still find it hard to have any time for him after Huddersfield away 15/16.

He came on as sub, we were 1-0 up on around 80 from memory. Huddersfield were down to 10 men due to three subs plus an injury.

Niles walked around like a granny with ZERO desire to be on the pitch that day. We were cruising until he came on and put in utterly no effort whatsoever.

The pen at Bolton sticks out too but that was just unfortunate and naive.

Had some VERY GOOD early performances early in the season though.

Is he good enough for Arsenal? Not Arsenal 10-15 years ago however they have slipped. Watched the game last night and he was very neat / tidy. Some good balls into the box - albeit with zero pressure from a hammer to deliver.

I don't think he'll make the grade at Arsenal though - and part of that isn't his fault. They'll spend, don't play wingers and love a bucket tonne of AMCs. The other part is his fault as he's no better than what they have.

I think he'll make lower prem - champ to upper league 1 for career. Too early to say, however I don't see him as a top 10 prem player any time in the future.
Maitland-Niles on 16:38 - Dec 14 with 4380 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Haven't bothered looking for the article but earlier in the season Wenger was talking him up as having real potential as a defensive midfielder.

He's played there a couple of times and the match I saw (Europa League) he looked very good, albeit against a side which shouldn't ever trouble a side of Arsenal's quality.
Maitland-Niles on 17:10 - Dec 14 with 4355 viewsWickets

Maitland-Niles on 16:38 - Dec 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Haven't bothered looking for the article but earlier in the season Wenger was talking him up as having real potential as a defensive midfielder.

He's played there a couple of times and the match I saw (Europa League) he looked very good, albeit against a side which shouldn't ever trouble a side of Arsenal's quality.

Yes i did read the same article he talked him up and said he would be in his Prem. squad and would get some game time, i think. if Arsen rates him i dont think i'm gonna dissagre
on 17:23 - Dec 14 with 4337 views_

Maitland-Niles on 17:10 - Dec 14 by Wickets

Yes i did read the same article he talked him up and said he would be in his Prem. squad and would get some game time, i think. if Arsen rates him i dont think i'm gonna dissagre

Maitland-Niles on 18:56 - Dec 14 with 4300 viewsCurrie10

on 17:23 - Dec 14 by _

Also the man that refused to properly trigger Suarez's release clause, play AMC after AMC year in year - see how many he could fit on the pitch. Ignore getting a proper enforcer - ignore wingers.

Didn't Wenger also say JET was the most talented player he had ahead of Cesc etc !?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024