Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws injury is such a blow 12:27 - Dec 15 with 3948 viewsunstableblue

I thought the Forest game was a really bright spot for Mick and the team, it showed that we can play attractive football, with good efficiency with the ball, yes maybe sitting back and less possession, but we looked like a football team.

Huws was a massive part of that performance. He's just good on the ball.

4-4-2 with Waghorn and Garner through the middle, Ward right and Celina left would seem to be the solution. Or if Bishop can finally step up and stay fit, perhaps he can play the forward midfield role Huws was playing.

15th place nailed on I'd suggest?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Huws injury is such a blow on 12:31 - Dec 15 with 3932 viewsHerbivore

Where to begin with that. Why change formation for starters? We were playing 4-2-3-1 without Huws perfectly well before he came into the side for Didz. Didz is due back so will be able to replace Huws. Our form with him in the side has been no better than it was without him (2 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats in his 5 appearances) and we were doing better than 15th without him so I don't see us now falling apart when he hasn't really been integral at any point this season. Forest was his best game but he wasn't even our best player that night imo, understandable as he was getting up to fitness, but let's not make out we've lost someone who's been the vital cog in the machine for us this season. That's a million miles from reality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws injury is such a blow on 12:59 - Dec 15 with 3909 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a huge shame that Huws is injured.

But ...If we keep the 4231 then I think Didzy can take over for Huws certainly at home and Adeyemi or Connolly makes sense too particularly in away games. And all that's if Teddy can't play enough games in the role as like Huws he brings a bit of everything.

I think we're covered although would expect we'll bring in someone on loan at least to replace Huws' quality. I think it's the right midfield that's most in need of the right player to help the RBs settle down.

Pronouns: He/Him

Huws injury is such a blow on 13:44 - Dec 15 with 3855 viewsunstableblue

Huws injury is such a blow on 12:59 - Dec 15 by Darth_Koont

It's a huge shame that Huws is injured.

But ...If we keep the 4231 then I think Didzy can take over for Huws certainly at home and Adeyemi or Connolly makes sense too particularly in away games. And all that's if Teddy can't play enough games in the role as like Huws he brings a bit of everything.

I think we're covered although would expect we'll bring in someone on loan at least to replace Huws' quality. I think it's the right midfield that's most in need of the right player to help the RBs settle down.

Hey Darth,

Who do you see taking the advanced midfield role on Saturday? Teddy?

I think the real shame of Huws injury is he just made us better to watch, and brings the best of Celina, Ward, and Waghorn. And also gives Skuse that ball out when he's mopping up.

Let's see how we get on against Reading.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

on 14:08 - Dec 15 with 3831 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:31 - Dec 15 with 3812 viewsHerbivore

on 14:08 - Dec 15 by _

I sincerely hope he can stay fit and get some game time. No doubting the lad has talent but he really needs to start showing it again.

on 14:36 - Dec 15 with 3807 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:31 - Dec 15 by Herbivore

I sincerely hope he can stay fit and get some game time. No doubting the lad has talent but he really needs to start showing it again.

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:37 - Dec 15 with 3804 viewsJakeITFC

on 14:36 - Dec 15 by _

That 90 minute stat is pretty irrelevant, I don't know why you keep bringing it up.
Huws injury is such a blow on 14:54 - Dec 15 with 3793 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws injury is such a blow on 13:44 - Dec 15 by unstableblue

Hey Darth,

Who do you see taking the advanced midfield role on Saturday? Teddy?

I think the real shame of Huws injury is he just made us better to watch, and brings the best of Celina, Ward, and Waghorn. And also gives Skuse that ball out when he's mopping up.

Let's see how we get on against Reading.

McG I'd have thought. With Teddy coming in for the last half hour when we're 2-0 up

On a side note, I can see them taking a very slow approach with Teddy to make sure he doesn't too much too soon. His danger is that he also likes to throw himself into a tackle — he's had a couple that have been very tough and "stretchy" even in the brief cameos he's played. It's great to see but at the same time I think someone with his injury issues should be looking to stay on his feet and take it a bit easier.

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:23 - Dec 15 with 3758 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:37 - Dec 15 by JakeITFC

That 90 minute stat is pretty irrelevant, I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

on 15:24 - Dec 15 with 3753 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:54 - Dec 15 by Darth_Koont

McG I'd have thought. With Teddy coming in for the last half hour when we're 2-0 up

On a side note, I can see them taking a very slow approach with Teddy to make sure he doesn't too much too soon. His danger is that he also likes to throw himself into a tackle — he's had a couple that have been very tough and "stretchy" even in the brief cameos he's played. It's great to see but at the same time I think someone with his injury issues should be looking to stay on his feet and take it a bit easier.

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:26 - Dec 15 with 3749 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:23 - Dec 15 by _

It doesn't really matter, if he can get back as a regular starter in the team then that is what is needed - completing 90 minutes week in week out is no big deal if he is contributing effectively from the start.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 15:27 - Dec 15 with 3746 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:26 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

It doesn't really matter, if he can get back as a regular starter in the team then that is what is needed - completing 90 minutes week in week out is no big deal if he is contributing effectively from the start.

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:28 - Dec 15 with 3742 viewsJakeITFC

on 15:23 - Dec 15 by _

He played 20 or 30 games in his first season as an 18 year old, in a team where we had industrious wide players and were narrowly winning games - he was a prime candidate to be substituted and so often was.

Since then he’s been injured pretty much 100% of the time.

Will he play 90 minutes regularly? Depends on how fit he is I guess as the talent is undoubtedly there.
on 15:29 - Dec 15 with 3732 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:28 - Dec 15 by JakeITFC

He played 20 or 30 games in his first season as an 18 year old, in a team where we had industrious wide players and were narrowly winning games - he was a prime candidate to be substituted and so often was.

Will he play 90 minutes regularly? Depends on how fit he is I guess as the talent is undoubtedly there.

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:32 - Dec 15 with 3721 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:28 - Dec 15 by JakeITFC

Yes. He's never been in a position where we've really wanted him to play 90 minutes.

That may change this season but still a long way to go.

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:33 - Dec 15 with 3719 viewsJakeITFC

on 15:29 - Dec 15 by _

I guess my point is that at no time during 2014/15 did I think that they were substituting Bishop because he wasn’t good enough.
Huws injury is such a blow on 15:34 - Dec 15 with 3715 viewsunstableblue

Huws injury is such a blow on 14:54 - Dec 15 by Darth_Koont

I didn't realise McG was back so early, and confirmed to be in the squad for Saturday. Good news. McCarthy suggests Bishop still not fit to start.

So thought looks correct; albeit might be a bit early for McG.

I do think its a shame that Downes is not cementing a place alongside Skuse; liked the look of him.

Success comes from getting Celina and Waghorn good service.

on 15:37 - Dec 15 with 3712 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 15:33 - Dec 15 by JakeITFC

I guess my point is that at no time during 2014/15 did I think that they were substituting Bishop because he wasn’t good enough.

Huws injury is such a blow on 16:19 - Dec 15 with 3676 viewsCurrie10

on 14:36 - Dec 15 by _

Likewise re Carson, absolute baller.
on 17:01 - Dec 15 with 3657 views_

Huws injury is such a blow on 16:19 - Dec 15 by Currie10

Likewise re Carson, absolute baller.

Huws injury is such a blow on 18:49 - Dec 15 with 3627 viewspointofblue

Will we bring McGoldrick back this soon? I wouldn't be surprised if Garner took Huws' place will McGoldrick on the bench alongside Bishop.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Huws injury is such a blow on 19:04 - Dec 15 with 3616 viewsHerbivore

Huws injury is such a blow on 18:49 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

Will we bring McGoldrick back this soon? I wouldn't be surprised if Garner took Huws' place will McGoldrick on the bench alongside Bishop.

That's possible, Waghorn is good in that number 10 role. Didz should be okay though, it was a cut that needed to heal rather than being a muscular injury.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024