Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had to laugh at Sky this morning 12:41 - Dec 15 with 4873 viewsFrimleyBlue

" £381 + vat per month For sky sports for a non league club.

Works out effectively to pay for it, id need to sell 1041 additional pints to cover the cost.

I wonder who's going to win the new Saturday 7.45 kick offs.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:30 - Dec 15 with 4736 viewsportmanking

Why are you selling pints for 44p a pop?
Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:36 - Dec 15 with 4715 viewsThrobbe

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:30 - Dec 15 by portmanking

Why are you selling pints for 44p a pop?

I assume that's the profit on a pint. If I'm wrong, where is this pub again?

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:39 - Dec 15 with 4699 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky have lost some Premier League rights and all European cups games over the last few years and then actually had the nerve to put prices up.

Who the hell wants to watch football at 19:45 on a Saturday?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:46 - Dec 15 with 4674 viewsSpruceMoose

Foolish. We all know the sweetest price point is $15.99 + VAT.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:47 - Dec 15 with 4674 viewsagc232

Sky is so expensive!

We have BT Sport at ours in Brandon - purely because they show the 5:30 kick off games which is normally just after our teams have finished.

Overall cost is about £65 per month but it is only BT Sport 1 so we dont get the european cups etc which isnt too much of an issue as its only open for training on Wednesdays during the week!

Is always worth having a look!

agc232

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:51 - Dec 15 with 4643 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:39 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

Sky have lost some Premier League rights and all European cups games over the last few years and then actually had the nerve to put prices up.

Husbands who are sick to death of Strictly after the one fit bird has been voted off..

Though in seriousness, I don't think it'll stick and that will effectively be the lowest priority games for providers to fight over in a few years time, possibly even scrapped. I think the ability to watch 3 live matches continuously on a Saturday is the peak tolerance for most.
Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:53 - Dec 15 with 4639 viewsFrimleyBlue

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:47 - Dec 15 by agc232

Sky is so expensive!

We have BT Sport at ours in Brandon - purely because they show the 5:30 kick off games which is normally just after our teams have finished.

Overall cost is about £65 per month but it is only BT Sport 1 so we dont get the european cups etc which isnt too much of an issue as its only open for training on Wednesdays during the week!

Is always worth having a look!

Yeah we have BT Sport, mainly as you mention because of the 5.30 kickoffs, I was chuffed when Sky lost those. the 12.30's on a Saturday are pointless for us.

It's the big ones i'm missing on a Sunday. We have childrens games late morning, all the parents are friends and want to drink whilst watching the footy and end up going down the local around the corner. Sadly, although Sunday's would boost profits, it wouldn't be enough to warrent over £400 ( We're not VAT registered)

So I sound similar to you guys, BT 1 we miss out the european ones too for same reason, only training so again no point.

I just want 2 games on a sunday to show..

Found out today that BT are now going to be able to offer sky sports in their packages...... residential only. FKERS!!!

Waka waka eh eh

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:55 - Dec 15 with 4627 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Want to tap into the market who are watching the likes of the X Factor, strictly etc

Iit's called family time!

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:17 - Dec 15 with 4566 viewsJ2BLUE

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:53 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah we have BT Sport, mainly as you mention because of the 5.30 kickoffs, I was chuffed when Sky lost those. the 12.30's on a Saturday are pointless for us.

It's the big ones i'm missing on a Sunday. We have childrens games late morning, all the parents are friends and want to drink whilst watching the footy and end up going down the local around the corner. Sadly, although Sunday's would boost profits, it wouldn't be enough to warrent over £400 ( We're not VAT registered)

So I sound similar to you guys, BT 1 we miss out the european ones too for same reason, only training so again no point.

Found out today that BT are now going to be able to offer sky sports in their packages...... residential only. FKERS!!!

What are the rules about Now TV in a club?

You could stream Sky Sports for the day on Sundays for about £40 a month?

Truly impaired.

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:25 - Dec 15 with 4539 viewsFrimleyBlue

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:17 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

What are the rules about Now TV in a club?

You could stream Sky Sports for the day on Sundays for about £40 a month?

Not allowed them either. I've looked into all routes. Anything not legit is pointless as I wouldn't be able to advise the fact im showing the games.

League clubs, yes I get it. but little clubs like us. not for profit etc. there should be some form of agreement that could be done.

Waka waka eh eh

on 14:32 - Dec 15 with 4521 views_

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:25 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

Not allowed them either. I've looked into all routes. Anything not legit is pointless as I wouldn't be able to advise the fact im showing the games.

League clubs, yes I get it. but little clubs like us. not for profit etc. there should be some form of agreement that could be done.

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:36 - Dec 15 with 4510 viewsbluelou

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:53 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

BT have been able to offer some Sky Sports channels for a while, within certain boundaries.
The deal announced today means that they have agreed to sell each others services outside of that previous agreement.

Sky will finally be able to offer BT Sport channels on their platform and have all prem and euro football through one bill again and in return BT will be able to sell Now TV and show the sports and entertainment channels through their app (which isnt full HD btw, so hopefully that will change before 2019 given BTs push into 4K)

The main loser in this? The premier league probably

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:38 - Dec 15 with 4500 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 14:32 - Dec 15 by _

Not for profit doesn't make you a Charity Libs

"Not for profit describes a type of organization that does not earn profits for its owners. All of the money earned by or donated to a not-for-profit organization is used in pursuing the organization's objectives and keeping it running"

We're a small community club. If we had 1000 turn up. It would help us to improve pitch repairs in the summer and help extend our clubhouse so that we could have a separate room for female officials, medical room etc.

But my point on this thread is about the cost of Sky for small establishments like ours not what we are or aren't
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 14:43]

Waka waka eh eh

on 15:36 - Dec 15 with 4415 views_

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 14:38 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

Not for profit doesn't make you a Charity Libs

"Not for profit describes a type of organization that does not earn profits for its owners. All of the money earned by or donated to a not-for-profit organization is used in pursuing the organization's objectives and keeping it running"

We're a small community club. If we had 1000 turn up. It would help us to improve pitch repairs in the summer and help extend our clubhouse so that we could have a separate room for female officials, medical room etc.

But my point on this thread is about the cost of Sky for small establishments like ours not what we are or aren't
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 14:43]

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 22:56 - Dec 15 with 4139 viewsflimflam

Disney have just bought Fox for 52 billion.

Fox are currently buying up the parts of Sky they do not currently own so basically Sky will soon be 100% Disney controlled.

Great if your a Marvel fan though :-)

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 06:40 - Dec 16 with 4028 viewstextbackup

Football fans? Fans of teams playing in those games? Just a guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 06:43 - Dec 16 with 4025 viewstextbackup

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 13:55 - Dec 15 by FrimleyBlue

" Want to tap into the market who are watching the likes of the X Factor, strictly etc

Iit's called family time!

If you're sat down watching xfactor or strictly with the family you are doing family time wrong. That crap poisons brains, utter garbage. Not saying watching football is the right choice but there's more out there to stimulate minds then what's on TV on a sat night

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 07:15 - Dec 16 with 4005 viewsm14_blue

on 14:32 - Dec 15 by _

To be fair, I'd sh1t myself too if a bus that size turned up...
Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 08:52 - Dec 16 with 3912 viewsElderGrizzly

They’ve just announced a new tie-up from next season, so it might make things easier?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/dec/15/bt-sky-deal-atlantic-and-sport-
Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 09:54 - Dec 16 with 3849 viewsJ2BLUE

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 06:40 - Dec 16 by textbackup

Football fans? Fans of teams playing in those games? Just a guess

Are you going to be sitting in watching Stoke vs West Brom on a Saturday night then?

Truly impaired.

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 12:18 - Dec 16 with 3740 viewstextbackup

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 09:54 - Dec 16 by J2BLUE

Are you going to be sitting in watching Stoke vs West Brom on a Saturday night then?

If I'm at work and the football is on, and it's that game, then yes I'll watch it

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 12:28 - Dec 16 with 3730 viewsJ2BLUE

Had to laugh at Sky this morning on 12:18 - Dec 16 by textbackup

If I'm at work and the football is on, and it's that game, then yes I'll watch it

Well that's different. I resorted to watching Celtic at work a week or two ago.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024