Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Vs 'Group' 11:40 - Dec 19 with 1302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Found some new respect for Big Sam the other day.

Jim White was interviewing him and referred to the Everton squad by saying 'Is this the best 'group' youve had?'

Big Sam corrected him and stated that its a 'squad' and not a 'group', and always will be a squad. He wasnt sure when and why people started using the word group and that it was a load of rubbish.

Have to say that was refreshing to hear.

I think it was Brenton Rodgers who I first noticed called a squad a group.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Squad Vs 'Group' on 12:17 - Dec 19 with 1236 viewstextbackup

Jim white is one of the biggest pt1cks in football

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Squad Vs 'Group' on 23:16 - Dec 19 with 1067 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I don't really get the problem here? A squad is a group. Why is he so annoyed about using an interchangeable term?

That said when Brenden Rogers says it, thinking about it he does someone manage to make it sound very David Brent.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Squad Vs 'Group' on 23:39 - Dec 19 with 1051 viewsRocky

Squad Vs 'Group' on 23:16 - Dec 19 by Terry_Nutkins

I don't really get the problem here? A squad is a group. Why is he so annoyed about using an interchangeable term?

That said when Brenden Rogers says it, thinking about it he does someone manage to make it sound very David Brent.

Semantics: The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.
Squad Vs 'Group' on 00:05 - Dec 20 with 1025 viewsSwansea_Blue

Squad Vs 'Group' on 23:39 - Dec 19 by Rocky

Semantics: The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

Ok. But the squad is still a group.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024