Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happened to JET? 07:11 - Dec 21 with 7815 viewshype313

Presume he's still on the QPR payroll but not getting a game?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 07:16 - Dec 21 with 6541 views_

What's happened to JET? on 07:20 - Dec 21 with 6521 viewshype313

on 07:16 - Dec 21 by _

Bit of a Joe Cole about him, has all the attributes to be a baller, but maybe he's in the wrong era.

on 07:24 - Dec 21 with 6509 views_

What's happened to JET? on 07:20 - Dec 21 by hype313

Bit of a Joe Cole about him, has all the attributes to be a baller, but maybe he's in the wrong era.

What's happened to JET? on 07:26 - Dec 21 with 6502 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, according to LFW, he’s one of several claiming a massive wage and doing nothing in return.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 7:27]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What's happened to JET? on 07:34 - Dec 21 with 6479 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happened to JET? on 07:20 - Dec 21 by hype313

He is the only player I can think of in recent era that I would pay on the gate to watch - if I weren't a ST holder at the time.

Oi Hype = was it you that I was discussing Piri Piri chicken with?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 07:42 - Dec 21 with 6461 views_

What's happened to JET? on 07:34 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

He is the only player I can think of in recent era that I would pay on the gate to watch - if I weren't a ST holder at the time.

What's happened to JET? on 07:47 - Dec 21 with 6440 viewsSteve_M

on 07:16 - Dec 21 by _

Yes, if only he had been more consistent. A couple of moments that stand out for me:

1. The reverse pass into Chopra for the first goal in the 5-1 against West Ham. Both made it look so simple.
2. McCarthy's first home game against Burnley. 1-1 in the final minutes, all very congested and messy, JET took half a second on the ball and sent Edwards away to cross for Campbell's winner.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 07:51 - Dec 21 with 6421 views_

What's happened to JET? on 07:47 - Dec 21 by Steve_M

Yes, if only he had been more consistent. A couple of moments that stand out for me:

1. The reverse pass into Chopra for the first goal in the 5-1 against West Ham. Both made it look so simple.
2. McCarthy's first home game against Burnley. 1-1 in the final minutes, all very congested and messy, JET took half a second on the ball and sent Edwards away to cross for Campbell's winner.

Login to get fewer ads

What's happened to JET? on 07:55 - Dec 21 with 6407 viewsdavblue

The big tackle/block he made aswell, I can’t remember who it was against but it prevented a really good opportunity for the opponent.
What's happened to JET? on 08:25 - Dec 21 with 6333 viewsHerbivore

He was insane against West Ham that night, the assist was sublime and he scored two excellent goals as well. Clearly a very gifted player but the fact is he's never really produced anywhere close to what he should be producing. I'm not sure he, or anyone, really knows what his best position is and he's in his mid 20s now by which time you'd think he'd have a position nailed down. Hard to see him ever really doing anything much in his career, League 1 beckons I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What's happened to JET? on 08:37 - Dec 21 with 6292 viewshype313

What's happened to JET? on 07:34 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

Yes bud, did you give that place a go on Whersted Road?

What's happened to JET? on 10:22 - Dec 21 with 6151 viewsCurrie10

on 07:51 - Dec 21 by _

Really? He's a lazy so and so.

I remember going to Bristol City v Luton a couple of years after he left us, the second year he was there and a little out of favour.

Game was 12pm ish on a Sat, Fa cup. Some of the guys I were sitting by had videos of him hammered in a club 5 hours before kick off. Utterly ridiculous.

Talented yes, but not in the camp of various players with so much to get away with it.
What's happened to JET? on 12:43 - Dec 21 with 5965 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happened to JET? on 08:37 - Dec 21 by hype313

Yes bud, did you give that place a go on Whersted Road?

I took the time to go there around 17.00 and it was closed. I desperately wanted some Peri Peri so I went to a Portuguese place on Bramford Rd - very close to Norwich Rd junction.

I walked in and it was like a Portuguese cafe - avec Portuguese TV playing and all that so I had high hopes. We both ordered half a chicken and I mentioned one to be medium hot and one off the scale only to be told that they all come plain but just add hot sauce as required.

Well, it was awful. We both had what looked like a mangled up half a chicken with more bone and gristle than meat. The old women chef popped her head round with her thumbs up and looking at me to pronounce it was the best chicken I had ever tasted. She looked a lovely old dear so I said it was very nice.

I won't be going back there anytime soon!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

on 12:53 - Dec 21 with 5946 views_

What's happened to JET? on 10:22 - Dec 21 by Currie10

I remember going to Bristol City v Luton a couple of years after he left us, the second year he was there and a little out of favour.

Game was 12pm ish on a Sat, Fa cup. Some of the guys I were sitting by had videos of him hammered in a club 5 hours before kick off. Utterly ridiculous.

Talented yes, but not in the camp of various players with so much to get away with it.

What's happened to JET? on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 5925 viewshype313

What's happened to JET? on 12:43 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

I took the time to go there around 17.00 and it was closed. I desperately wanted some Peri Peri so I went to a Portuguese place on Bramford Rd - very close to Norwich Rd junction.

I walked in and it was like a Portuguese cafe - avec Portuguese TV playing and all that so I had high hopes. We both ordered half a chicken and I mentioned one to be medium hot and one off the scale only to be told that they all come plain but just add hot sauce as required.

Well, it was awful. We both had what looked like a mangled up half a chicken with more bone and gristle than meat. The old women chef popped her head round with her thumbs up and looking at me to pronounce it was the best chicken I had ever tasted. She looked a lovely old dear so I said it was very nice.

I won't be going back there anytime soon!

Not been to that one (thankfully) so get yourself down to Whersted Road at some point, not had a bad meal there yet, think they deliver? Might be worth a shout if you're never in the vicinity.

What's happened to JET? on 13:24 - Dec 21 with 5861 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happened to JET? on 12:56 - Dec 21 by hype313

Not been to that one (thankfully) so get yourself down to Whersted Road at some point, not had a bad meal there yet, think they deliver? Might be worth a shout if you're never in the vicinity.

I'm gonna give the place a visit as the delivery revues are terrible. I have loads of time on my hands in January so I'll give it a look then.

I'm in Nodge today / tonight and I will be having some Ali-Andos, it really is the business. I have the owners mobile on speed dial as well which is handy.

What's happened to JET? on 13:36 - Dec 21 with 5822 viewschristiand

What's happened to JET? on 08:25 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

He was insane against West Ham that night, the assist was sublime and he scored two excellent goals as well. Clearly a very gifted player but the fact is he's never really produced anywhere close to what he should be producing. I'm not sure he, or anyone, really knows what his best position is and he's in his mid 20s now by which time you'd think he'd have a position nailed down. Hard to see him ever really doing anything much in his career, League 1 beckons I imagine.

Jet is one of those enigmas where they have the ability and the physical presence, but it is what is going on between their ears that seems to be his biggest downfall. It is often the way with talented individuals that the flaw is their mental side that holds them back. Perhaps he hasn't got the focus or drive to want to do it consistently week in, week out?

Jet will end up as one of those players recognised with copious amount of unfulfilled ability.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2017 8:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What's happened to JET? on 13:58 - Dec 21 with 5782 viewshype313

What's happened to JET? on 13:24 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

I'm gonna give the place a visit as the delivery revues are terrible. I have loads of time on my hands in January so I'll give it a look then.

I'm in Nodge today / tonight and I will be having some Ali-Andos, it really is the business. I have the owners mobile on speed dial as well which is handy.

Wow that place looks banging, and very reasonably priced. I've got a mate who lives on Unthank road, could tie that in with a few beers...

What's happened to JET? on 14:04 - Dec 21 with 5769 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happened to JET? on 13:58 - Dec 21 by hype313

Wow that place looks banging, and very reasonably priced. I've got a mate who lives on Unthank road, could tie that in with a few beers...

I got confused.

There is another place near me called Momos and that is run by Ali and it's him who I have contact with. I have switched from him though to the aforementioned AliAndos, the chicken from there is slightly better than Momos - next time you are up to see your mate I recommend using the place

What's happened to JET? on 14:16 - Dec 21 with 5745 viewschicoazul

"lazy"
Ohhhh what a HUGE surprise to read this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What's happened to JET? on 15:34 - Dec 21 with 5677 viewsLord_Lucan

I am officially calling that as complete b0llocks.

Lazy player, out till 7am p1ssed, blah de blah de da

My mate definite info............zzzzzzz

What's happened to JET? on 16:34 - Dec 21 with 5625 viewsWD19

I think he has played for something like 9 different English league clubs and only one has ever paid a transfer fee for him.
What's happened to JET? on 16:55 - Dec 21 with 5603 viewsJimmy86

Had all the talent in the world, but not the required application to realise his potential.

He was worse than lazy, I remember his performance against Blackburn in the opening game of the season and my grandma could have moved faster than him at the time!!
What's happened to JET? on 20:59 - Dec 21 with 5502 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happened to JET? on 16:55 - Dec 21 by Jimmy86

Had all the talent in the world, but not the required application to realise his potential.

He was worse than lazy, I remember his performance against Blackburn in the opening game of the season and my grandma could have moved faster than him at the time!!

People said Marcus Bent was lazy - but he wasn’t. He was just too smart to run after balls that he knew he would have no chance of getting.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 21:01]

What's happened to JET? on 22:53 - Dec 21 with 5408 viewsHerbivore

What's happened to JET? on 16:34 - Dec 21 by WD19

I think he has played for something like 9 different English league clubs and only one has ever paid a transfer fee for him.

More fool them!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024