Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... 11:45 - Dec 25 with 1777 viewshoppy

To all the TWTD ‘family’ - have a very wonderful Christmas!

Once again, I’m typing this, sitting in the car park at the cemetery having just been to wish our son a happy Christmas - Yasmin wrote a note for him too, so we’ve taken a little time out of the day to just have a quiet moment with him. But it is always such a sobering moment seeing just how many people are here on Christmas Day, having lost loved ones. As I’m sitting here, there’s an almost steady stream of cars coming in and out. Many taking time out of a busy family day, while the lunch is cooking, for others coming here is perhaps the only family time today, as when they leave, their family may still be here. Loved but never forgotten. Thoughts are with those that have lost loved ones, whenever that may have been - a while back, or like ITFC_Forever, just a few days ago (thinking of you and your family particularly today mate). Today is often a hard day when you think of spending Christmas with them - memories of Christmases past, or like myself, imagining how it would’ve been another year on, seeing Yasmin bossing her little brother around, I mean, playing with him...

Happy Christmas CT, love from your Daddy x

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 21:49 - Dec 25 with 1686 viewsRyorry

Passed by my favourite plaque of all time, on a memorial bench along a walk in the beautiful grounds of Ripley Castle (Yorks) this morning; the inscription reads:-

"Please come and sit awhile with me. My name is Laura Mary Osborn, born 25/3/1983, became an angel 19/4/2009. Gone too soon, but I am the breeze in your hair and the sun that kisses your face. I am still here in memories and dreams".

I don't know who wrote it, whether it's original or a quote from a poem, but it's the most beautiful and comforting tribute I've ever read; moves me every time I see it.

All the best Hoppy, and all others who are missing loved ones.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 00:01 - Dec 26 with 1634 viewshoppy

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 21:49 - Dec 25 by Ryorry

Passed by my favourite plaque of all time, on a memorial bench along a walk in the beautiful grounds of Ripley Castle (Yorks) this morning; the inscription reads:-

"Please come and sit awhile with me. My name is Laura Mary Osborn, born 25/3/1983, became an angel 19/4/2009. Gone too soon, but I am the breeze in your hair and the sun that kisses your face. I am still here in memories and dreams".

I don't know who wrote it, whether it's original or a quote from a poem, but it's the most beautiful and comforting tribute I've ever read; moves me every time I see it.

All the best Hoppy, and all others who are missing loved ones.

Thank you Ryorry. That is quite lovely!

We lost CT when he was born sleeping, 2 days after we had the funeral for KJ’s 100 yr old Grandad, so we’ve always said one or the other would be looking after them both - hopefully Grandad hasn’t got CT on the Guinness up there just yet!!

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 01:08 - Dec 26 with 1599 viewsjeera

Very touching mate.

Hope you've all had a pleasant day, alongside the poignancy.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2017 1:15]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 07:50 - Dec 26 with 1563 viewsITFC_Forever

Thanks Hoppy, only just seen this.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 08:14 - Dec 26 with 1559 viewsblueislander

Lovely post Hoppy. Hope that yesterday went well, and that today goes even better with a win for Town. All the best to you all.
Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 09:36 - Dec 26 with 1528 viewshoppy

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 08:14 - Dec 26 by blueislander

Lovely post Hoppy. Hope that yesterday went well, and that today goes even better with a win for Town. All the best to you all.

Thank you - and Jeera too... yes we had a lovely day, thank you. Yasmin, now she’s 6, was very excited... but still transfixed by the snowy footprints across the carpet from the door to the tree, and to where she’d left a mince pie and a special milk drink (Baileys this year, as didn’t have any port to leave out for him!). The visit to the cemetery is something I choose to do, as it does give you that time of thought and reflection, and a bit of time to think of CT, and makes you aware of and think of others too. We then went for a little while down in The Dove to see friends, before heading back to get the dinner sorted and watch some films etc.

Hope you had a good day also?

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 09:38 - Dec 26 with 1526 viewshoppy

Merry Christmas to those both present and missing... on 07:50 - Dec 26 by ITFC_Forever

Thanks Hoppy, only just seen this.

Hope you all managed to have a good day together. Was thinking of you as guess it must’ve been tough at the same time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024